What State is American Falls Based Out Of?

Lexie

Re: What State is American Falls Based Out Of?

Post by Lexie »

Rating is a difficult one, people are giving rates based on how the do like a map. For example, there are people who only like to use big equipment, but there are British maps with only realistic narrow roads and also narrow gates, so they dislike the map. Ratings are so personal, and do not say that much. If a rating is low because of bugs, it's a different story. Maybe the rating system should have more catagories, like technical, map layout, details.
Lawma

Post by Lawma »

SimulatedFarmer wrote: Wed Sep 06, 2023 12:16 pm

Sorry. I didn’t mean to ruffle feathers. I modified it a bit. My apologies.
Feathers are still in place. I was asking as generally on YouTube I saw half n half comments on the map until he threw his pulling of mods bit.
Urinal2001

Post by Urinal2001 »

I try to rate things that are either exceptionally good, or bad to the point of unusable. Top marks or low marks, nothing else. Anything in the middle i dont rate because it mainly comes down to taste/preference, and its not fair to grade someone on that imo.

Either way, ill be watching the ratings of this map with interest, as i think him being outspoken about things lately might get factored in to how well it does. Rightly or wrongly.
UncleRico

Post by UncleRico »

It you can’t rate off style (which I agree if you don’t like the style you probably have no business rating the map) and you can’t rate quality what are you supposed to rate? Im not sure why they should get protected status over a tractor. If someone does a poor job or a fantastic job on a tractor they’re rated accordingly without all this hubabalu.
Lawma

Post by Lawma »

Does the number of ratings mean anything or just the number of downloads Compounded with the rating value.
CowsGoMoo

Post by CowsGoMoo »

Decriptus wrote: Tue Sep 05, 2023 7:06 pm
Lawma wrote: Tue Sep 05, 2023 6:33 pm ..... Make sure to leave a five star rating
Even if it's full of bugs?....how about play the map and rate it accordingly.....unless youre joking so lancipoo wont throw another tantrum in that case...well done 😂
Does anyone actually do this for any mod that gets reviewed? :confused2: I've already deleted and forgotten this mod, with no rating given at all. My first impression was 'yet another american map that is obviously not done by someone from america'. I personally didn't like the look of it and I think starting a player off in any mode with absolutely nothing is utter stuff. Want to make a map that forces a player to start in an ultra survival mode play? then release a version of the map specifically for that. and this is coming from someone who almost always "cheats" in money and equipment so I know how easy/difficult that can be on pc and ps5.

Okay lancifans let comments fly and fingers hit that report button.
Let's get some cows!
FS17 a few hundred hours on pc, 920 ps4
FS19 2660 hrs ps4/ps5
FS 22 [ps5] 1070 hrs [pc] 60 hrs
SimulatedFarmer

Post by SimulatedFarmer »

Lawma wrote: Wed Sep 06, 2023 2:19 pm
SimulatedFarmer wrote: Wed Sep 06, 2023 12:16 pm

Sorry. I didn’t mean to ruffle feathers. I modified it a bit. My apologies.
Feathers are still in place. I was asking as generally on YouTube I saw half n half comments on the map until he threw his pulling of mods bit.
Well, you made me laugh early in the morning. Thanks!🙂
Lawma

Post by Lawma »

SimulatedFarmer wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2023 12:45 pm
Well, you made me laugh early in the morning. Thanks!🙂
:hi: :lol:
chedly_farms

Post by chedly_farms »

I appreciate what was tried in this map. But it just doesn't "feel american" to me. For me being on console, the best two American maps are Richland Ohio and Griffin Indiana. And I feel Bloomfield Canada is also in this group as well. The common denominator is they don't try to pump out lots of stuff. I feel they make a map they want to play on, get it right, and play. Just my 2 cents.
Currently Playing on XBoxOne : Elm Creek

-----> And "Thank You Modders" for your contributions <----
Lawma

Post by Lawma »

chedly_farms wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2023 7:16 pm I appreciate what was tried in this map. But it just doesn't "feel american" to me. For me being on console, the best two American maps are Richland Ohio and Griffin Indiana. And I feel Bloomfield Canada is also in this group as well. The common denominator is they don't try to pump out lots of stuff. I feel they make a map they want to play on, get it right, and play. Just my 2 cents.
You still on Richlands? Also, does Griffin get much snow? It feels like we have too many u.s. maps that are way short on snow lol
chedly_farms

Post by chedly_farms »

I haven't really gotten too much snow on either map. I'm on Richland and Kolonia. I'm running a small farm with the white farm pack on Kolonia with all small and older equipment. The Kolonia map is just so well done I've had a deep desire to play on it. And it has kind of a quaint little Amish feel to it, similar to old Lancaster and such. And then with Richlands, I'm developing a big cattle operation with the desire to move onto bigger newer stuff as I go. So I'm doing the best of both worlds with both maps.
Currently Playing on XBoxOne : Elm Creek

-----> And "Thank You Modders" for your contributions <----
Lawma

Post by Lawma »

That's good. I got fairly far into Iowa Plains. Not the most detailed map but the undulation of the fields is much more fun compared to the flat south end of griffin. I was really looking forward to a Richlands update. I'll hold out in Iowa and see how Alma pans out. I guess hoards of snow is only available on the Canadian maps. Bloomfield is definitely a good one too
DanL58

Post by DanL58 »

I like playing a small family farm style with old small to medium gear and American Falls kind of fits that for me. It does get deep snow but has some performance issues with snow on the ground. Hopefully that will be fixed.
Griffin IN is nice for my style but is a little heavy with productions for me. I don't remember seeing very much, if any snow but the flooded fields during rain is a nice touch.
I also am looking forward to Alma, MO. From the preview I saw it might fit my style nicely.