FS22 | Galgenberg by Jogi

Mesocyclone

Re: FS22 | Galgenberg by Jogi

Post by Mesocyclone »

IseOlen wrote: Thu Apr 13, 2023 1:50 pm Mesocyclone,
I have bought fully grown Holstein, they do have TMR (and straw as bedding). No milk. What you describe is default mechanics. Please buy the cows in THIS shed and see for yourself - THIS Cow Shed claims TMR will not give you 100%. Hence my question.
Ah, sorry I didn't know the modder has changed the "mechanics". Will try later then as I'm not home atm. But what does it show then in the animal menu?

You can upload image using: https://image.giants-software.com/
And then copy BBcode thumbnail here.
Eische

Post by Eische »

Mesocyclone wrote: Thu Apr 13, 2023 1:34 pm
IseOlen wrote: Thu Apr 13, 2023 1:01 pm Have another problem to report - no milk produced in main cow Shed for the first month.
Another question regarding Cow feeds: TRM doesn't give 100% but 45%? Do I really need to give all the possible feeds to actually get 100%?
We really need a manual for every map that uses non-standard mechanics.
If you bought dairy cows, brown-swiss or Holstein, they should produce milk right away.
So that might be a bug then on this map.

Regarding the TMR:
You have three options: For the cows to be fully (100%) productive and give as much milk as they can, you have to feed them Total Mixed Ration (TMR) - consisting of straw, hay, silage and mineral feed. You can buy all the ingredients at the dealership.

If you don't have all the ingredients (or the time), you can feed them with grass or hay. By feeding hay, they will still be 80% productive. By feeding them only grass, their productivity drops to 40%.

Does your farm rely heavily on milk production, especially in winter, you should always prepare enough quality food for them to be as productive as they can be.
Nope, that is true only for maps using base game setup.

This map is using own animal food definition and animal values.
You need all shown ingredients for cows to get to 100%. Same as for pigs they will eat all foods in parallel.
It is super weird as recipe for TMR is the same as base game and still requires hay and silage. So in fact you need to feed a mixture of hay/silage (TMR), grass, hay and silage? That is a completely strange decision by the map maker.

Looking at xml files, all cow types are setup to produce milk starting with age 12 months. But the xml is setup weirdly:

Code: Select all

<output>
                <milk><!-- liters per day based on age -->
                    <key ageMonth="0"  value="0" />
                    <key ageMonth="12" value="0" />
                    <key ageMonth="12" value="150" />
                </milk>
This is different compared to base game setup and I guess that the game is just as confused as I am. So a 12 months old cow is supposed to either produce 0 or 150 liters milk per month...
Looks like a bug to me.
Playing on PC - Win10
Ryzen 3600
RX 5500XT
16GB Ram
How to post log file
How to upload pictures
Please report bugs for FS22 using the bugtracker
Mesocyclone

Post by Mesocyclone »

Eische wrote: Thu Apr 13, 2023 2:02 pm Nope, that is true only for maps using base game setup.

This map is using own animal food definition and animal values.
Yeah, I know. I just messaged 5 minutes before you the following:
Mesocyclone wrote: Thu Apr 13, 2023 1:57 pm Ah, sorry I didn't know the modder has changed the "mechanics".
Mesocyclone

Post by Mesocyclone »

Eische wrote: Thu Apr 13, 2023 2:02 pm
Looking at xml files, all cow types are setup to produce milk starting with age 12 months. But the xml is setup weirdly:

Code: Select all

<output>
                <milk><!-- liters per day based on age -->
                    <key ageMonth="0"  value="0" />
                    <key ageMonth="12" value="0" />
                    <key ageMonth="12" value="150" />
                </milk>
This is different compared to base game setup and I guess that the game is just as confused as I am. So a 12 months old cow is supposed to either produce 0 or 150 liters milk per month...
Looks like a bug to me.
I think it supposed to be 18months, so 0,12 and 18. But I don't know what the modder was thinking with changing a lot of codes, doing that only creates a lot of confusion. Like with the TMR recipe....
IseOlen

Post by IseOlen »

Thanks, Eische!
This would explain the mess perfectly.
While the fix for last row for cows is easy the mess with feeding (and water) is just too much. How did this get OK from Giants testing?
Too bad, back to Calmsden I guess.
Mesocyclone

Post by Mesocyclone »

IseOlen wrote: Thu Apr 13, 2023 2:22 pm Thanks, Eische!
This would explain the mess perfectly.
While the fix for last row for cows is easy the mess with feeding (and water) is just too much. How did this get OK from Giants testing?
Too bad, back to Calmsden I guess.
Yeah I agree, because of stuff like this I stay at Hof Bergmann, best map there is in MY opinion(together with Calmsden). Can spend hours and hours on that map. I'm currently waiting for Court Farms the new map of the Calmsden creator, OxygenDavid. Till then staying on my Hof Bergmann lol
PapaHotel

Post by PapaHotel »

Any advices how to separate the fields of each other after buying them? I own 6 fields (down in the south of the map, east of the farm-equip vendor). But the AI wont handle them as separate fields. Maybe the "border" between them is not as clear, as it should be. Could it be helpful if I place some kind of road instead? Or will the AI still go nuts? :D
Konsolero - XBox Series X
JensChrDK

Post by JensChrDK »

Best thing to do, is to do a couple of headlands yourself before getting the worker to finish.
Been playing WAAAAY to many hours - PC with Logitech G27 and Thrustmaster Simtask Farmstick
Urinal2001

Post by Urinal2001 »

General rule of thumb is that the gap should be the width of the implement you have them using. The AI wont 'work' (harvest, plow, fertilise etc) the same bit of land twice, so if there is an inch wide strip left to do when they reach the edge of the field, they will have 90% of the implement hanging off the edge, and potentially into the next field. And if it goes into the next field, they will just keep going. The gap between FIELDS doesnt have to be that wide, just the gap between sections that havent been worked, so as said above, that can be accomplished by going along the edge yourself before letting the idiots loose on it.
PapaHotel

Post by PapaHotel »

Thanks guys! *thumbsup* Hoped to avoid the pre-work but it looks like the easiest way. Yesterday one of the "idiots" escalated with the Poettinger Terrasem - ruined three fields before I realized it :sadnew:
Konsolero - XBox Series X
EkamzGaming

Post by EkamzGaming »

I am facing an issue on this map. I am seeing a transparent ground wherever I move. Kindly help.
hun3

Post by hun3 »

I was wondering how you guys mixed tmr for the cows inside the main barn...I see the tmr mixer when I tried to add straw hay or mineral mix it wouldnt take it.

What am I missing?

ED209v2

Post by ED209v2 »

That's where you fuel the grass-drying installation. It takes Woodchips (and maybe straw, not sure). Check the productions tab, it should be there.

And it has to go into the bucket. No tipping at the unload icon.
SimulatedFarmer

Post by SimulatedFarmer »

If you try to sell/remove the main cow barn at the start up farm, the barn is removed, but all the troughs, etc., are left behind floating in the air. It’s most amusing, but a bug, nevertheless, at least on XBox. I’ll play the map as it is, even though I hate cows! 😛 Also, I couldn’t delete the greenhouse on the main farm. Maybe this is by design, though.
Marc76

Post by Marc76 »

I realise this is an old thread, so maybe no repsonse - however I've been clearing trees in the NW corner of Liteshart with the intention of creating my own farm from scratch. The land is cleared but plowing won't allow me to create new fields. I've tried multiple plows and tractor combinations but all of them seem to clip through the ground and don't plow. Has anyone else come across this and found a fix?