Is it possible to "re-position" a game save on PS4?

cedricthecat

Is it possible to "re-position" a game save on PS4?

Post by cedricthecat »

I think I've pondered on this before, possibly even asked it for another reason, but... let me explain

I'm having a total nightmare with my current (70 play) on BallySpring. I'd had a few CE-34878-0 errors on PS4, getting more and more frequent until a game will only last around a minute or so without crashing again. Please see my original post on this here as well as a possible linked issue with mods not un-installing here

I did some investigating, and went back to my Calmsden map, and that played for 45 minutes with no problem - so suggesting not the game overall, or the PS4. I then tried a fresh game save on BallySpring and happily played on that for 30 minutes, with no issues, suggesting no issues with the map either.

From this, it would seem that either

a) This particular game save is on a bad sector of the HDD
b) There's an issue with the game save itself

At the moment I'm in the process of starting over, buying all the same equipment and fields, and getting myself back to where I was! Not a huge issue, but I'd rather be able to continue with the original game I'd saved. Therefore I'm wondering if it's possible to save to a USB drive, re-name the game number, then save somewhere else on the disk? I tried a save to USB, delete the game save from PS4, start a new game (different map), save that to the same position, delete it, then copy back from USB to PS4 but this didn't work (which leads me to wonder if the game save is corrupted?)

Just noticed that member Bucker81 is having a similar issue... (See thread)
Played FS2013 and FS15 on PS3
Playing FS17, FS19 and now FS22 on PS4
Playing FS22 on PC
//www.natterzone.net
CowsGoMoo

Re: Is it possible to "re-position" a game save on PS4?

Post by CowsGoMoo »

on pc (here me out now) the xml files save all the game information like you are talking about, i.e. save game slot. on console you can't directly access these files, as I remember there is a bit info saved on the console/cloud that would also say "this game saves onto this save game slot".

on 19 I tried something like you are talking about on accident, I had a save game save to the ps+ cloud, but ended up deleting that save and starting a new one. my ps4 was not happy about this and prompted me to either cancel the action or overwrite the existing save game [slot] file with the one saved in the cloud.
Let's get some cows!
FS17 a few hundred hours on pc, 920 ps4
FS19 2660 hrs ps4/ps5
FS 22 [ps5] 1070 hrs [pc] 60 hrs
cedricthecat

Re: Is it possible to "re-position" a game save on PS4?

Post by cedricthecat »

^^ I had a feeling this might not be feasible :(

Having said that, I'm no longer sure it's a corrupt disk sector, as having re-started my BallySpring map on another game save slot, I've just had the same thing happen :(
Played FS2013 and FS15 on PS3
Playing FS17, FS19 and now FS22 on PS4
Playing FS22 on PC
//www.natterzone.net