Multiplayer server discovery a joke

VsUK

Multiplayer server discovery a joke

Post by VsUK »

Been playing this game single player for a while & I've decided a month ago to play multiplayer with my kids & friends. I've discovered the one thing about this game, the ability to find a server is a joke, I mean an absolute joke.

I first thought it was just me hosting locally that there was a problem. Sometimes you could see the server right away, sometimes it takes over an hour for it to appear in the list. So I decided to add a dedicated server from my trusted gaming server I've used for hosting servers for other games. It's been & running for nearly 3 weeks & we've managed to find & connect to it about 6 or 7 times. I've contacted the host who've done all the tests, no errors. Then I send a msg to a popular YouTuber who's made a lot of video's about this game, and I mean a lot & he got back to me to say it's Giant that's the problem. They can't pool & display all the servers at once or even allow players to search for a server name to display it to join. It's like they didn't expect it to take off as well as it did.

I then contacted a gaming server I've been with for a few years & asked if they plan on adding FS22 to their list. And they got back to me that they applied to join it ages ago, but GIANT only approve so many hosts every so often. That to me is an even bigger joke in itself.

Brilliant game single player, but I bought this with the intention of playing with friends once I've got to grips with how the game works & so on. Starting to regret even buying the game now because the ability to find your own server is a joke. Not even a direct connect or a steam option to join friend or anything. A complete reliance on the games server pool list to eventually show the server.

I wasn't going to post anything, I'm not one to waste my time. But I've been sat now for 3 hours refreshing the server list every 5-10 minutes looking for my server & finally after 3 hours it shows up, but by that point I lost interest.

Fix it GIANT because if you think I'm going to buy FS24 you're currently working on if this game has anything to go by, you can think again.
DrKeffner

Re: Multiplayer server discovery a joke

Post by DrKeffner »

We currently host 6 servers though Gportal and we literally have constant problems with them, its like a full time job. nothing wrong with gportal, love them and use them all the time.