FS22_additionalCurrencies - add currency symbol issue

Your forum for all discussions around Modding.
drewCZ

FS22_additionalCurrencies - add currency symbol issue

Post by drewCZ »

Hello, @Rockstar especially. Using the mod FS22_additionalCurrencies, I tried to add a currency ITL - the Italian Lira, because I play an old Italian map. Unfortunately, it is impossible to insert the symbol '₤'. The field in the display is empty in-game. Does anybody know how to fix it?
Of course, I can use ITL short, but ₤ is nice :-)
In the XML config file, I have this row:

Code: Select all

<currency text="Italian Lira" symbol="₤" prefixSymbol="false" factor="1936.27" maxDisplayValue="9999999999999" iconScale="0.7" yOffset="0.002"/>
it doesn't show additional currencies anymore

<currency text="$l10n_unit_italianLira" symbol="₤" prefixSymbol="false" factor="1936.27" maxDisplayValue="9999999999999" iconScale="0.7" yOffset="0.002"/>
show currency with empty symbol, when

symbol="₤"
is replaced by

symbol="ITL"
everything works well.

Thanks for any help.
Ticho aka DrewCZ
FS2013 24/7 dedisrv 'Posledni JZD', MRmods | down 2016=R.I.P.
FS15 | more than a year of pain
FS17 dedi srv, multiplayer+MR !Forever! | Thanks old pal, but moved to 19
FS19 Seasons+GEO+VCA+REA+Cam+Mass+MaizePlus | 6th ingame Year | we are still WORKS in MP!
FS22 - MP moved! Real map+Industries+Relight, Hard Level, Definitely profitable w/ modern machinery
Rockstar49

Re: FS22_additionalCurrencies - add currency symbol issue

Post by Rockstar49 »

This is because the game doesn't have such a character in the font texture. I had the same problem with it, which is why some currencies have shortcuts instead of the correct symbol. It's possible that in future updates, I will add the option to include the symbol as a texture, just like in FS19, but it will still only work on the HUD, not in the store, selling points, etc.
drewCZ

Re: FS22_additionalCurrencies - add currency symbol issue

Post by drewCZ »

@Rockstar49 thank you. Symbols will be fine, anyway, it is "cherry picks". The mod is great! Thank you.
A small improvement maybe, will be fine the currency store in the save. I have to switch currencies every time a different save/map is loaded. But I think you know it :-)
Ticho aka DrewCZ
FS2013 24/7 dedisrv 'Posledni JZD', MRmods | down 2016=R.I.P.
FS15 | more than a year of pain
FS17 dedi srv, multiplayer+MR !Forever! | Thanks old pal, but moved to 19
FS19 Seasons+GEO+VCA+REA+Cam+Mass+MaizePlus | 6th ingame Year | we are still WORKS in MP!
FS22 - MP moved! Real map+Industries+Relight, Hard Level, Definitely profitable w/ modern machinery