Alma

DMZ Commander

Re: Alma

Post by DMZ Commander »

MrChuck523 wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2023 3:37 am I've got about 10 hours into this map on the Start Farm and so far it is awesome. Only glitch I found was that Sheep won't take Alfalfa, must be grass or hay, and does not accept Bales. Feed my sheep loose hay and all is well... Cow barn works great so far and it Does accept bales for Alfalfa, Hay, and Straw.
Great big Thank You to celobuki!!! The map is so realistic and fun. Really like the drainage areas through the fields. True to life and since I hardly ever use workers I never have been much of a fan of square fields.
5 Star map in my book. Thanks....
P.S. I am on PC.
They take bales, both alfalfa and alfalfa hay. They need to be placed in the ring feeder just inside the fenced area.
PC Master Race
Phanteks Enthoo Elite
Z590 Godlike
i9 11900k
RTX 3090
64GB Ram
x2 2TB SSD
Oddyssey Neo G9
MrChuck523

Post by MrChuck523 »

DMZ Commander wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2023 5:11 am
MrChuck523 wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2023 3:37 am I've got about 10 hours into this map on the Start Farm and so far it is awesome. Only glitch I found was that Sheep won't take Alfalfa, must be grass or hay, and does not accept Bales. Feed my sheep loose hay and all is well... Cow barn works great so far and it Does accept bales for Alfalfa, Hay, and Straw.
Great big Thank You to celobuki!!! The map is so realistic and fun. Really like the drainage areas through the fields. True to life and since I hardly ever use workers I never have been much of a fan of square fields.
5 Star map in my book. Thanks....
P.S. I am on PC.
They take bales, both alfalfa and alfalfa hay. They need to be placed in the ring feeder just inside the fenced area.
OK I'll try that. I was unloading at the barn door where the dump marker was and could only get it to accept loose grass and grass hay. I did not even think about the feeding rings. Awesome.
Thank you so much for the Reply.
pedrodefig

Post by pedrodefig »

Great map! I am down at the old cow farm, near the store and many selling points. Rarely play US maps but this one has me hooked.
ASOLANDRI

Post by ASOLANDRI »

Somebody on reddit mentioned that the train wouldn't come to Alma. I tried to notify him about this, and he said there was no issue on his end.
Greetings, from Central Texas! :hi:

Back to the digital farm with the new 65" TCL 4K HDR TV. PS5 *thumbsup*

Map/Playtime:
Alma, Missouri: 140 Hours
Griffin, Indiana 22: 103 Hours
Edgewater, SK: 79 Hours
Ohio Richlands: 78 Hours
Elmcreek: 32 Hours
Big Flats, Texas: 20 Hours
CowsGoMoo

Post by CowsGoMoo »

would have been nice if the either one of the silo's by the cow shed would have worked as a bunker. will have to figure out how I want to deal with that next time I play.
Let's get some cows!
FS17 a few hundred hours on pc, 920 ps4
FS19 2660 hrs ps4/ps5
FS 22 [ps5] 1070 hrs [pc] 60 hrs
Beanbrother

Post by Beanbrother »

The cow farm by town what are the why they require water?
If you put that cow barn down somewhere else, it does not.
Also, wondering if anybody has found a good spot to do a build from scratch farm? I love the up-and-down of the terrain, but can’t seem to find a good spot to build my own
Sciroc

Post by Sciroc »

Good Afternoon everybody!

I have problems with the Manure on the Start Farm, i cant get it out of the Barn and its not in the big manure Tank down the Hill!
It says its full at 56.250l in the Barn which is not much at all....anybody discovered that problem too?
Lawma

Post by Lawma »

A) is there a manure pit?
B) I don't recall seeing anything stating that the barn needed mucked out ( but I'm not saying it's not a feature)
C) do barns still produce manure when no manure pit is placed?

I only glanced at the map on new farmer after downloading. Didn't notice a manure bunker

I started on start from scratch. Re placed the Alma house and am in process of placing white farm pack buildings. I want to grow into placing the big red Alma barn so I'm curious how you make out. Maybe others with more cow experience can chime in on my points above. I was also curious how far away the slurry pit can be from the barns. I want to re place the Alma slurry pit setup but wasn't sure how far away the barn can be and still fill. I don't have facebook but was able to read that an update is being worked on and there's a few days for folks to chime in with issues. Celobuki is very receptive to assessing any issues that folks point out and testing to make sure the features work. So far it is a save safe update.

I have the most hours on Lone Oak in 17 and 19, this maps hands down better. It feels huge for a console map. I'm thinking the trick is having the roads close to the borders and realistic scenery past the map boundaries.
Sciroc

Post by Sciroc »

Lawma wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2023 4:33 pm A) is there a manure pit?
B) I don't recall seeing anything stating that the barn needed mucked out ( but I'm not saying it's not a feature)
C) do barns still produce manure when no manure pit is placed?

I only glanced at the map on new farmer after downloading. Didn't notice a manure bunker

I started on start from scratch. Re placed the Alma house and am in process of placing white farm pack buildings. I want to grow into placing the big red Alma barn so I'm curious how you make out. Maybe others with more cow experience can chime in on my points above. I was also curious how far away the slurry pit can be from the barns. I want to re place the Alma slurry pit setup but wasn't sure how far away the barn can be and still fill. I don't have facebook but was able to read that an update is being worked on and there's a few days for folks to chime in with issues. Celobuki is very receptive to assessing any issues that folks point out and testing to make sure the features work. So far it is a save safe update.

I have the most hours on Lone Oak in 17 and 19, this maps hands down better. It feels huge for a console map. I'm thinking the trick is having the roads close to the borders and realistic scenery past the map boundaries.
Hey!

A: Yes there is, down the road below the Barn
B: Don't think so, it shows me its full but i cant get it out anywhere
C: cant test it, when i want to delete the existing pit, it wants to delete the whole Barn
Beanbrother

Post by Beanbrother »

Figured it out. The cow yard by town you have to sell the cows before you can sell the barn. Probably should’ve known that.
Lawma

Post by Lawma »

Sciroc wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2023 5:02 pm
Hey!

A: Yes there is, down the road below the Barn
B: Don't think so, it shows me its full but i cant get it out anywhere
C: cant test it, when i want to delete the existing pit, it wants to delete the whole Barn
That's the slurry pit down below. The round pit with the pipe for unloading into a buggy. Manure either spawns in a manure heap, or if the map or Barn supports mucking out manually with a machine. Maybe its showing you manure in the barn and if you place a manure heap it will start piling up in there
Sciroc

Post by Sciroc »

whoops sorry, my english was wrong there

i actually ment slurry, not manure!
Sorry for that
Lawma

Post by Lawma »

Sciroc wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2023 5:51 pm whoops sorry, my english was wrong there

i actually ment slurry, not manure!
Sorry for that
No problem
Have you tried using a slurry tank and seeing if it will load into it at the pipe? Maybe the amount is so small it doesn't show visually? If you cannot probably best to send celobuki a note on Facebook post or find someone who can if your like me and don't have a Facebook
Lawma

Post by Lawma »

You say it's full at barn so now I'm not sure. Maybe that pits not close enough to load. I'd try testing by placing a slurry lagoon close to the red barn. That might narrow down if it's a barn issue
Sciroc

Post by Sciroc »

Lawma wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2023 7:03 pm You say it's full at barn so now I'm not sure. Maybe that pits not close enough to load. I'd try testing by placing a slurry lagoon close to the red barn. That might narrow down if it's a barn issue
yeah its full at the barn and i startet as new farmer so the Barn and Lagoon have been placed by the creator, thats why im wondering! I'll see if facebook is any help

I've also placed a Slurry Lagoon right inbetween the Sheep Barn and Cow barn and it doesnt work...

Thanks for the help so far!