Alma

Lawma

Re: Alma

Post by Lawma »

Sciroc wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2023 8:50 pm

yeah its full at the barn and i startet as new farmer so the Barn and Lagoon have been placed by the creator, thats why im wondering! I'll see if facebook is any help

I've also placed a Slurry Lagoon right inbetween the Sheep Barn and Cow barn and it doesnt work...

Thanks for the help so far!
Sounds like your onto something. Celobuki said about waiting a few days before finalizing the update. Good work noticing this issue. Hopefully an easy fix. Have fun in Alma
Beanbrother

Post by Beanbrother »

Bought the yard by town with the cows, also purchased #40 just to the north. I pulled the tree line. Have had works stop and turn , or just say they are done the job when they get close ish to where the tree line was.
Not all the time but seems to be random. I thought maybe I missed a stump or something.
Just throwing the conversation out to see if anyone else??
Map seem to be working fine other wise.
PS5
Lawma

Post by Lawma »

Just so i'm clear you mean you cut down and got rid of the trees creating fields
Lawma

Post by Lawma »

I was meaning like you did all of the trees. There's nothing left sticking out of the ground anymore.
wheelmansteve

Post by wheelmansteve »

Oh wow. I just spent the weekend here, and I might be hooked. I started on FM, and I love the fact that the starter farm plot is bare ground so I can build it out like I want. Is the round pit in the SE corner the manure pit? I love the wide roads and open corners, the rolling terrain, and the feel of the map. (It does feel "big"!) Looking forward to trying some new crops. Not much to complain about- the bale sell point is hard to access with bigger trailers, and I kept getting Crosetto trailers on contracts that wouldn't accept the contract crops (maybe a Giants or modder issue, I know. I like the Crosetto manure spreader with the sensor, so I'll just have to work around this. I just leased a Trans 70 and parked it at the mill for now.) I've been a Griffin "lifer" for a while, but Alma might be the change I was looking for!
Old fat guy with a day job...
Lawma

Post by Lawma »

Also what were you trying to get the workers To Do?
I had issues with one of the old school looking cultivators. Maybe it was a plow but the worker was very erratic but when I switched the implement they were fine.
Beanbrother

Post by Beanbrother »

Lawma wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2023 5:13 pm Also what were you trying to get the workers To Do?
I had issues with one of the old school looking cultivators. Maybe it was a plow but the worker was very erratic but when I switched the implement they were fine.
I use the black sheep tree remover (can’t thing of the name). Used a field creator mod cultivator ripped it all apart by creating a new field. The worker is in the versatile 935 pulling the jd drill the 12.8m one. He’s perfectly fine until he gets to the area that the tree line was. He lifts and turns. But the strange part is that it’s not always happening. This is my first year of planting so we’ll see when it’s time to get the combine out if they have issues as well.
Lawma

Post by Lawma »

Beanbrother wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2023 5:24 pm

I use the black sheep tree remover (can’t thing of the name). Used a field creator mod cultivator ripped it all apart by creating a new field. The worker is in the versatile 935 pulling the jd drill the 12.8m one. He’s perfectly fine until he gets to the area that the tree line was. He lifts and turns. But the strange part is that it’s not always happening. This is my first year of planting so we’ll see when it’s time to get the combine out if they have issues as well.
Did you restart from the time you deleted until the issues? I remember seeing mirage' of past trees on Griffin when I redid the home farm. From far away you would see them and not up close. After restart the mirage was no longer there. If you had restarted then I'm thinking it's some sort of random collision needs fixed. Outside that is above my pay grade lol
Lawma

Post by Lawma »

wheelmansteve wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2023 5:09 pm Oh wow. I just spent the weekend here, and I might be hooked. I started on FM, and I love the fact that the starter farm plot is bare ground so I can build it out like I want. Is the round pit in the SE corner the manure pit? I love the wide roads and open corners, the rolling terrain, and the feel of the map. (It does feel "big"!) Looking forward to trying some new crops. Not much to complain about- the bale sell point is hard to access with bigger trailers, and I kept getting Crosetto trailers on contracts that wouldn't accept the contract crops (maybe a Giants or modder issue, I know. I like the Crosetto manure spreader with the sensor, so I'll just have to work around this. I just leased a Trans 70 and parked it at the mill for now.) I've been a Griffin "lifer" for a while, but Alma might be the change I was looking for!
It's nice having a style map that I love with an easy route to self made farm. As a fellow digital Hoosier, Griffin was tedious to build a farm that felt proper. I had no problem getting the roots of my farm started in Alma.
Ag Hauler

Post by Ag Hauler »

@Lawma A Digital Hoosier, I love that term. I guess that's what I was when I started playing FS in 2009. I lived in the northwest corner of the state in Newton County. I too liked Griffin a lot and have actually worked in the area quite a bit over the years. Alma just almost feels like a 4X map while being standard size and it looks and feels so realistic. I was coincidently working in the area this past weekend and he captured the look and feel of the town really well. It needs a few more trees in a couple of places but I added that in GE. I love the hog farm for a starting farm. It is just a really well done map. Every generation of FS has a map that just has that real feel and I think that this one is FS22's version. In the past it was Lone Oak and Griffin that had that feel that got me away from logging and into farming. Another one was Seneca and yet another was Midwest Horizon. This one I actually started out as a farmer. It just feels very real.
Lawma

Post by Lawma »

@Ag Hauler

All 3 farms are well done. The starting farm was the easiest for me to part with. The other 2 felt so well done it would be a shame for me to try and do anything nicer, because it wouldn't lol.

Your spot on with it feeling like the awesome 4x maps I see online. The talent and patience really shines on this map. I need to figure out how ppl from Alma refer to themselves if I'm gonna be a digital version of them lol
Beanbrother

Post by Beanbrother »

Lawma wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2023 8:18 pm
Beanbrother wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2023 5:24 pm

Did you restart from the time you deleted until the issues? I remember seeing mirage' of past trees on Griffin when I redid the home farm. From far away you would see them and not up close. After restart the mirage was no longer there. If you had restarted then I'm thinking it's some sort of random collision needs fixed. Outside that is above my pay grade lol
Ya I get what you’re saying about the trees coming in and out of focus after we delete them. But I’ve been in and out of the save multiple time. I think the peas will be ready tomorrow so will see what happens with the helper.
Lawma

Post by Lawma »

Beanbrother wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2023 1:50 am
Ya I get what you’re saying about the trees coming in and out of focus after we delete them. But I’ve been in and out of the save multiple time. I think the peas will be ready tomorrow so will see what happens with the helper.
I'm just glad I wasn't the only one seeing ghost trees lol. Hopefully it fixes itself. I see celobuki submitted the update. Apparently there is train issues along with other fixes. Thankfully it's a save safe update
Ag Hauler

Post by Ag Hauler »

@Lawma I'm not sure what they call themselves. I live a couple of hours southeast of there and I'm not even sure what we're called.
Lawma

Post by Lawma »

Ag Hauler wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 4:59 pm @Lawma I'm not sure what they call themselves. I live a couple of hours southeast of there and I'm not even sure what we're called.
From Missouri? It just got me thinking what do people from missouri refer to themselves as. From pennsylvania we are pennsylvanians l o l

I should not have specified people from alma l o l