Next Farming Simulator Wishlist

howey

Re: Next Farming Simulator Wishlist

Post by howey »

Some pretty cool suggestions on here that would be a welcome a addition to the next version of FS.

I do agree on more crops as well as on a more precise crop calender as certain crops can have multiple planting and harvesting windows from what I have seen and read.

More in depth season info like there was on FS19 season mod would be good to as an option.

Better AI would be a bliss for console players having some sort of Autodrive & Courseplay feature like PC players have.

And probably the most new feature I would like to see for the next FS game would have to be field leasing. Would come and handy for people that like that start from scratch grind but can have other options in doing so.

Another would be if you could contract your jobs out to the AI npc's I.e such as if you need your field harvested but can't due to other activities you need to attend to on the farm or same with mowing and baling etc.

Last thing is that I do agree that support for old gen consoles need to be dropped in the next version and I'm contemplating on if I get the next version on PC or stick to PS5 due to the limitations it has had on console thus far. See what happens.
snekko

Post by snekko »

Long term contracts: Starting a contract in january for selling an x amount of crops before the end of by example end november. Its up to you, on wich of your own field or fields you are planting and harvesting the crops you need. A big contract can mean you have to plant multiple fields to get the amound of crops you need.

More animal depth, like Enhanced Animal System, with te option to make custom pastures, or at least, use field boundaries as pasture boundaries.

No more magic seed. seperate seed for each crop.

Search button for mod selection

Search button in shop menu

Vehicle maintenance and customization cost time. --> vehicle can not be used for an x amount of time. (Example, changing tires takes 1 hour, big maintenance will take 8 hours, swapping engine takes 2 days. )
you have to plan your maintenance, because you dont want a 8 hour brake when you need to harvest.
Sometinh like this:
https://www.farming-simulator.com/mod.p ... tle=fs2019

As option:
Stop calander farming. Is the soil to wet or to cold to sow, you have to wait a month. --> harvest will also be later, but when its to cold in the last month, your crop fails to the last grow stage. --> you can make wholecrop silage of it.

As option:
Weather effects crop yields
max 10% plus or min yield per season. --> crops grows on average 3 seasons, (Spring, summer autum) so max 30% bonus or reduces yields. Only when you get a real bad year, you will lose 30% of your yields (3x bad season is 3x-10%). real bad year vs real good year is 60% difference . chance of a real bad year is likely 10%, chance of real good year is also 10%, chance of normal year is 80%. You can also have a bad spring (-10%), a normal summer (100%) and a real good autum (+10%) is also a normal growing seasons. (100%)

1 day/month will not say its not raining when you not see it. --> monthly wheaterforecast, with on the end of each season a weatherraport how good your crops are growing. (some crops are more effectet by bad weather than others, also depending on growstate and soiltype.)
Gugernoot215

Post by Gugernoot215 »

Something I would like to see with the addition of productions is taking surpply contracts for a good price the whole year/contract length rather than holding on to products until the peak sell price especially if those products are perishable such as milk and eggs. Also non more perishable product production such as powered milk and eggs, dried fruit and pickled vegetables that can be held onto until a peak demand.

Also There needs to be a distinction between industrial productions and "artisan" productions so you can either have a factory supplying a supermarket or a baking house supplying the farm shop.
Industrial productions would be better those who need a large throughput and don't care for the extra gain in price because of how much product they are moving and Artisan goods take longer to produce/sell but provide the highest income.
Running on A refurbished 1.2k hp laptop which the graphics chip likes to crash (when playing fs22).
Image server (upload your images here): https://image.giants-software.com/
crash

Post by crash »

One more thing, make a independent volume level for the wind noise. Its annoying 100% of the time, all the time. Make it stop! Birds, people and cars are okay. But the wind noise is nothing more than white noise ringing thru all other game sounds.
Xbox series s and pc :gamer:
In Norway
pate321

Post by pate321 »

It would be nice if you could (re)map controls per vehicle/vehicle type in game more freely than what's possible now. So that there would be a way to see more clearly what control inputs the vehicle/tool has and what outputs your controllers has and you could connect those as you like -- of course there has to be defaults for both inputs and outputs to provide a meaningful starting point.
Kamiko

Post by Kamiko »

AI workers able to do bales.

Bigger lettering in descriptions ( I thought my tv was decent size, but I'm gonna get blind in here!)

Serach engine for modhub - like sorting vehicles by power, etc.
Ravenport - 152 hours (platinum trophy)
Bajeczna - 17 hours
Massey44

Post by Massey44 »

I'd like a better menu layout. In the previous games you didn't have to cycle through mulitple tabs to get to the save or quit options and the menus were far more streamlined.

I'd also like to see all vehicles show year of manufacture in the shop menu because sometimes I just want to have all 80's or 90's themed equipment. Would save me time googling. :)
wheelmansteve

Post by wheelmansteve »

Been giving this some thought, as it's not really realistic, but here goes: my biggest issue with current versions is TEXTURE versus TONE when doing any kind of work. Planted vs. Rolled. Growing stage and adding fertilizer. Even sometimes spraying for weeds, if the weeds are a similar shade to the crop. Mulching is another good example. On all of these tasks it's often hard to see where you've been, and with no GPS I often use a worker for stuff I'd be happy to do myself if I could just SEE what was going on. When I roll a planted field, make it a shade darker (or lighter, don't care...) Fertilized? One shade darker. Mulched? Actually, the base 22 "shallow cultivated" texture would be ideal on that one. (I usually put down slurry/manure/lime before mulching for the visual giudance...) Spray for weeds? Make weeds a lighter or yellower shade by default so we can see them. Yeah, I know you can use the minimap for some of it, but that's not really immersive to me. Anyway, just my own opinion... [changes sig to "old blind guy"...]
Old fat guy with a day job...
Beanbrother

Post by Beanbrother »

2 things off the top of my head would be the ability to rent ground. I’m playing currently on alma and would love to get more ground. At the moment poor dairy farmer with not a lot of money.
2. I’m not a production player, but you do you. When it comes to the commodity price page, would be nice to click off products that you aren’t or never will be selling.
Example would be cakes and cornbread. Don’t want to see what they are selling for. I want my price sheet to have the prices of what I’m growing and selling.
Jason77

Post by Jason77 »

I have some big ideas but won’t bother posting them as any development must be done with console in mind.

My top three reasonable additions would be…

Online used equipment auctions where we can buy and sell used equipment.

Dynamic weather including great wind audio as leaves blow around in fall, maybe a very rare tornado in spring with tornado sirens in town.

Dynamic field surfaces. Mud, deeper snow, flooding.
UncleRico

Post by UncleRico »

Jason77 wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2023 4:08 pm I have some big ideas but won’t bother posting them as any development must be done with console in mind.

My top three reasonable additions would be…

Online used equipment auctions where we can buy and sell used equipment.

Dynamic weather including great wind audio as leaves blow around in fall, maybe a very rare tornado in spring with tornado sirens in town.

Dynamic field surfaces. Mud, deeper snow, flooding.
I for one would be interested in the bigger ideas
olahaldor

Post by olahaldor »

More open access to features that have no functionality specifically for a DLC. Such as in the Platinum DLC map Silverrun, it makes NO SENSE to lock the different shaders for low altitude clouds/fog, whitewater (including river and creek meshes) in a DLC. It should be basegame in my opinion. There's a few scripts we've seen on the developer stream used in Giants Editor which would be extremely handy to have access to, such as one where the terrain is adjusted based on an underlying mesh (the creek mesh has a mesh which adjust the terrain so the creek sits snug) and it's hard to see the transition.

Map makers would happily make use of these features to make new maps look even more visually pleasing!
FenlandFarmer

Post by FenlandFarmer »

I would like to see it split off into Production Manager and Forestry Simulator and then have Farming Simulator concentrate on animals and arable.

as far as Giants go thats got to be 3 games instead of 1
wheelmansteve

Post by wheelmansteve »

Here's another minor item: I'd like to be able to purchase seed, fert, lime, herbicide etc in BULK, and have it be accounted for as the actual item, instead of "misc.". I typically use buying stations, some of which offer deep discounts, for convenience of bulk buying. I don't mind paying "game" rate for inputs, but I don't really want to have to haul everything on pallets and bags.
Old fat guy with a day job...
SimulatedFarmer

Post by SimulatedFarmer »

Farm cats and more dog breeds…not just one.