Windrower texture array

Your forum for all discussions around Modding.
bdbssb

Windrower texture array

Post by bdbssb »

So I have had help by hungrycow flipping a texture array so that I could use the sip brand windrower particles for the right side. The original will only work on the left. However my goal is to make a larger windrower effect. Does anyone know if this can be done by making a larger image or are the limitations set in the windrower shader. I found a shared array in the assets folder but that array is a rounded particle effect. I’m going for a straight particle effect. I tried opening the array image from the sip in a couple of tools (that will actually load it) and tried stretching the image however even after jumping through hoops by converting the image and editing the file with a hex editor just so I wouldn’t get errors or raw warnings 1 it won’t accept a larger width number in the xml and 2 when I drop the number down to 30 (the number the sip uses) it gets a very odd shape. So how can I edit the array file correctly? Does it use rgb layers like 19 used in spec images or is it doing me any good messing with the image because it’s limited to the shader settings in the xml in the windrower assets? The generic windrower array uses I believe a 3x53 pixel image. The sip is 3x30. In the windrower effects section it refers to those pixels in the row (3) width (30 or 53) area.
s8080t

Re: Windrower texture array

Post by s8080t »

Jumping on the boat as I'm struggling with the same topic.

What I found out so far is that the particle-i3d has corresponding meshes to the rows/lengths set in the XML. But I, too, wasn't able to even figure out what format the engine demands.
GIANTS aren't helpful either - have a ticket open in modhub since Dec. 15th for my windrower :>
Languages: DE/EN
Plattform: PC
Meine Mods
Grünlandsuchti
IT-Spezialexperte
OpenSource-Verfechter
Scooters_Workbench

Post by Scooters_Workbench »

What you need to do is open Blender and create a animation. You put the the number of emptys you want for rows (ie 50..etc). You then decide how long (in frames) you want the effect to run. The you create the motionPathArray from the animation. It's an easy process once you see it done but until you see it done it's very confusing. I haven't successfully been able to use an existing motionPathArray to get the complete effect that I want. I can show you how to do it if you reach out to me on discord.
Dogface

Post by Dogface »

Scooters_Workbench wrote: Fri Dec 31, 2021 6:20 pm It's an easy process once you see it done but until you see it done it's very confusing.
What is modding, Alex.
s8080t

Post by s8080t »

Scooters_Workbench wrote: Fri Dec 31, 2021 6:20 pm What you need to do is open Blender and create a animation. You put the the number of emptys you want for rows (ie 50..etc). You then decide how long (in frames) you want the effect to run. The you create the motionPathArray from the animation.
Thanks, that something to start with at least :>
Languages: DE/EN
Plattform: PC
Meine Mods
Grünlandsuchti
IT-Spezialexperte
OpenSource-Verfechter
bdbssb

Post by bdbssb »