Mod Idea: Farm Manager vs Farmer

Your forum for all discussions around Modding.
mschaffer66

Mod Idea: Farm Manager vs Farmer

Post by mschaffer66 »

Sometimes I don't want to work my fields. Maybe I want to tend my animals or do some forestry, but I still want to have my fields. Maybe I have a field that is just so large that I don't want to spend the next 20 hours of game time plowing it. Maybe I didn't feel like cultivating my field this time, or maybe I don't want to fertilize it, or harvest it, but I still want that all done. I know courseplay is an option and I use it to automate a lot of things, but it takes time and supervision to make it work.

What are the thoughts on a mod that would essentially allow you to put contracts requests out for your own fields? Probably more simply you pick a field, you pick an activity, and the computer gives you a price to do said task. You to request the computer to plant field X with crop Y and it gives you a price to do it? Or you hire the computer to harvest field X and put the crop in silo whatever or maybe sell it at a sell point?

It seems like a lot of the data that it would need already exists and is available to view from various mods(seed and fertilizer qty, yield potential, field states, current sell prices) and after that it would just be manipulating variables.

I know you could probably just cheat mode edit the field states and delete some money out of your account, but an interface that "automates" that would feel kinda legit.

I don't know what the limitations are for what mods can do, so maybe this thought isn't even possible.

Is this something that other people think would be a good addition or am I being silly?
Farmer-Giles

Re: Mod Idea: Farm Manager vs Farmer

Post by Farmer-Giles »

Or you could use courseplay if playing on a pc and get a worker to do it for you
Eische

Re: Mod Idea: Farm Manager vs Farmer

Post by Eische »

mschaffer66 wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2023 11:45 pm
What are the thoughts on a mod that would essentially allow you to put contracts requests out for your own fields?
In FS19 there was a mod called "call contractors" covering your idea.
I don't see it converted for FS22, yet.

Using easy developement controls mod the "cheat" process gets realitively simple:
https://www.farming-simulator.com/mod.p ... _id=244313

But I agree, such a functonality ingame would be super handy.
I would even expand it and have the contractors use your own slurry/manure or other appropriate materials for the job if available.
Or even fill a bunkersilo for you.

And I agree:
Using CP or an AI worker does not feel right. Because why should I do all the management stuff (lease or setup own machines, define routes/field courses, ...) involved? I just want to get the job done.
Playing on PC - Win10
Ryzen 3600
RX 5500XT
16GB Ram
How to post log file
How to upload pictures
Please report bugs for FS22 using the bugtracker