Alma

Pafarmer

Re: Alma

Post by Pafarmer »

I’m really liking this map also. The only problem so far even after the update is when I set a cow barn (the red one) I can’t get the slurry to load there’s no trigger at the barn I’ve placed multiple slurry tanks and triggers. I don’t know if it’s me or the barn.
hun3

Post by hun3 »

Alma means apple in hungarian....are we talking about a map here?
UncleRico

Post by UncleRico »

hun3 wrote: Thu Oct 19, 2023 11:03 am Alma means apple in hungarian....are we talking about a map here?
Yup, based around a town, that now I’m guessing was founded by Hungarian immigrants.
DMZ Commander

Post by DMZ Commander »

Are any of the additional crops on this map swathable? (Not asking about alfalfa lol)
PC Master Race
Phanteks Enthoo Elite
Z590 Godlike
i9 11900k
RTX 3090
64GB Ram
x2 2TB SSD
Oddyssey Neo G9
vondeylenfarms

Post by vondeylenfarms »

Anyone having issues with frame drops around cow farm? I notice it really bad when in the landscape tool…I deleted most base map buildings on the farms to free up slots, didn’t work. I’m on ps5 and only have 1400 slots used so I can’t believe it would be that
Vondeylen Farms Ohio, U.S.
1000 acres, family farm, huge Case IH guy(however mostly John Deere now)

Platform-PS5
Welker Farms over 1000hrs
Onto FS22!
Large JD Farm with corn and soybeans always looking for multiplayer
https://www.youtube.com/user/vondeylen22
UncleRico

Post by UncleRico »

vondeylenfarms wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2023 12:16 am Anyone having issues with frame drops around cow farm? I notice it really bad when in the landscape tool…I deleted most base map buildings on the farms to free up slots, didn’t work. I’m on ps5 and only have 1400 slots used so I can’t believe it would be that
Try load up once without any other mods checked, if it still does it I would reach out to the creator. I always recommend loading without mods because it’s likely the first question they’ll ask when trying to figure it out and it saves a step https://m.facebook.com/celobukiFSModds
That’s their Facebook and they’re pretty responsive.
hun3

Post by hun3 »

UncleRico wrote: Thu Oct 19, 2023 1:25 pm
hun3 wrote: Thu Oct 19, 2023 11:03 am Alma means apple in hungarian....are we talking about a map here?
Yup, based around a town, that now I’m guessing was founded by Hungarian immigrants.
Made me curious here is what I found out:

Alma, Missouri, is located almost seventeen degrees
west of Washington, D. C, and is near the thirty-ninth
parallel of latitude. It can also be described as being sixty-
five miles east of Kansas City on the Chicago and Alton
Railroad.

Available records show that Alma was founded in 1878
by Captain Erwin Zeysing of Waverly and John M. Wood-
son, a St. Louis lawyer. The town was named for the lat-
ter' s daughter, Alma, and in whose memory Mr. Woodson
also donated and deeded to the town the park adjoining the
depot.

The word "Alma" is a feminine proper noun which
means "Nourishing and Cherishing." Most certainly this
reveals the spirit of Alma during its progressive history.

Originally Mr. Woodson and Captain Zeysing owned
most of the land on the north side of the railroad. At first
the people felt that the prices they held for their lots
were too high ; consequently, the south side was settled and
developed several years before the north side.

Most of the streets in the city were named after people
who lived here. It is odd, indeed, that a name has never
been given to the main business street. Abstracts, deeds,
and insurance contracts give its name as County Road;
however, in recent years it has been commonly referred to
as main street despite the fact that there is an original Main
Street.
mydixiewrecked

Post by mydixiewrecked »

vondeylenfarms wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2023 12:16 am Anyone having issues with frame drops around cow farm? I notice it really bad when in the landscape tool…I deleted most base map buildings on the farms to free up slots, didn’t work. I’m on ps5 and only have 1400 slots used so I can’t believe it would be that
The big cow farm?

Im on Ps4, I have zero frame rate issues except for maybe around the designated "logging" area that's saturated with trees. On the flip side I deleted everything at the large cow farm and created my own setup. I've been away so I didnt get to play much since the update but didn't notice anything awry or different from pre update.
wheelmansteve

Post by wheelmansteve »

Really enjoying this map! I had a "save" disaster involving a teakettle, a GFI outlet, and my PowerLine adapters, resulting in my game loading without mods (Lessons- don't let Mrs. WMS near the breaker panel, and don't load your game without confirming your PS5 is online. My PowerLines are not on a GFI, but Mrs. WMS flipped every breaker on the panel trying to get her kettle to come back on...) I allowed the save to load and went to cook my breakfast, and as soon as I noticed the red LED on the PL adapter I went to exit, but the auto-save got me. I lost almost a year's worth of progress- a silo with 80-90k of canola, a trailer with 30-40k of contract crop, another trailer with 40-odd k of canola, and all of my equipment. I had just purchased another field and was cash-poor, so I was well and truly borked. I really like the map, and I didn't want to just scrap my progress and start over, so after being angry with the janky save mechanism, I surrendered my pride and ran the Government Subsidy mod (aka the Farm Rescue mod) for a few days to recover my losses and kept on farming.
I love the wide intersections and flowing terrain, and I have to agree with others that the map feels bigger. Struggling a bit with the irregular water runs and workers, but it keeps me honest.
Old fat guy with a day job...
GrimGandalf

Post by GrimGandalf »

DMZ Commander wrote: Fri Oct 20, 2023 6:51 am Are any of the additional crops on this map swathable? (Not asking about alfalfa lol)
I can answer that the Rye is swathable, and yields well. Haven't tried the peas though.
PS4, XBOX X & PC Video Game Farmer
DMZ Commander

Post by DMZ Commander »

GrimGandalf wrote: Thu Nov 02, 2023 3:12 pm
DMZ Commander wrote: Fri Oct 20, 2023 6:51 am Are any of the additional crops on this map swathable? (Not asking about alfalfa lol)
I can answer that the Rye is swathable, and yields well. Haven't tried the peas though.
Thank you
PC Master Race
Phanteks Enthoo Elite
Z590 Godlike
i9 11900k
RTX 3090
64GB Ram
x2 2TB SSD
Oddyssey Neo G9
ASOLANDRI

Post by ASOLANDRI »

Same console here, have about maybe around 1500 & no issues. Might be some sort of a mod that's causing it? :hmm:
Greetings, from Central Texas! :hi:

Back to the digital farm with the new 65" TCL 4K HDR TV. PS5 *thumbsup*

Map/Playtime:
Griffin, Indiana 22: 103 Hours
Edgewater, SK: 79 Hours
Ohio Richlands: 78 Hours
Alma, Missouri: 50 Hours
Elmcreek: 32 Hours
Big Flats, Texas: 20 Hours
Bobbi-79

Post by Bobbi-79 »

How does rye yield? Comparable to barley? Because it's September and I don't know whether to sow rye or barley...?
Bowloaus

Post by Bowloaus »

Anyone found an issue with the cow barn not triggering accepting straw?

Playing on PS5 here and when driving over the offload trigger, it just will not accept normal straw and I have no idea what to do. I first tried bales as I thought it accepted them but didn't work so I got a shredder but still doesn't trigger when I drive over it.
Tried with just a trailer and a buying station mod to buy straw direct and that doesn't work either. Also tried with a TMR feeder with just straw as I have seen MrSealyP do it on his lets play with the standard base game mixing wagon, but it will not work at all for me. With all of the above the trigger to start off loading doesn't even appear and if I try pressing the controller keys to off load it says "straw is not accepted here"

The same trigger accepts hay or TMR no problem and I was assuming it's the same trigger for straw as well, there isn't another one. I had originally thought it was because I baled all the straw and stored it into an auto bale shed mod and maybe that did something funky to the straw on the map but I tried a new game, got straw before doing anything else and it still will not trigger.
Last edited by Bowloaus on Mon Dec 04, 2023 7:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
eric21

Post by eric21 »

Have you tried unloading anyway?