20% Yield Bonus on Edgewater Saskatchewan with Precision Farming

RODHA

20% Yield Bonus on Edgewater Saskatchewan with Precision Farming

Post by RODHA »

I've tried searching all the topics about the map but couldn't find the answer.

Does 20% yield bonus work on Edgewater Saskatchewan with precision farming or should I just exclude precision farming for it to work?

Any type of help would be much appreciated :hi:
PS5 / FS22
Manholelid

Re: 20% Yield Bonus on Edgewater Saskatchewan with Precision Farming

Post by Manholelid »

I was wondering the same thing for Alma. A buddy and I have been swathing but don't know if it's giving us the bonus.

Also on the topic of soil samples. If anyone knows, when should you redo soil samples? Are map never turns darker in multiplayer.
RODHA

Post by RODHA »

Manholelid wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2023 6:54 pm I was wondering the same thing for Alma. A buddy and I have been swathing but don't know if it's giving us the bonus.

Also on the topic of soil samples. If anyone knows, when should you redo soil samples? Are map never turns darker in multiplayer.
I don't do multiplayer often so I'm not an expert on that respect but in single player on every map I can confirm that the soil data goes outdated (black) after the 5th harvest.
PS5 / FS22
Manholelid

Post by Manholelid »

RODHA wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2023 7:47 am
Manholelid wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2023 6:54 pm I was wondering the same thing for Alma. A buddy and I have been swathing but don't know if it's giving us the bonus.

I don't do multiplayer often so I'm not an expert on that respect but in single player on every map I can confirm that the soil data goes outdated (black) after the 5th harvest.

Thank you for the answer. I appreciate it.
mydixiewrecked

Post by mydixiewrecked »

I'm on Alma as well

I plowed, limed, planted Barley and wheat with fertilizer. About to start rolling but so far my fields show around 88% expected yield. I'm not very scientific with how I do things and making sure I get max yield. Especially when I only have a couple small fields starting out. I feel like when I did the same technique on Griffin or Iowa Plains, my expected yield was higher.

That's my experience, my question tied to that is

Is swathing able to boost yields past what precision and base game allow? Or does the map have to handicap the yields so that when you swath you get that boost and max out at what the game allows?

Also I don't remember how many years samples are good for but I thought it tells you the data is out of date or something when they need redone
mydixiewrecked

Post by mydixiewrecked »

Disregard my message on yields. I just rolled and my expected yield went from 88% to 123%. I didnt realize rolling increased yield that much
GrimGandalf

Post by GrimGandalf »

Expected yield for a crop on a field differs by soil type. For instance on Loam Rye is really good at 123% after nitrogen and lime. On Sandy Loam however it’s much lower. Was it possible that you looked at your expected yield in 2 different spots on your field?

Rolling definitely did not give us that kind of bonus. We tested after you mentioned that. We have 3 different soil types on our field and the expected yield on each after rolling went up 1%. Which makes rolling feel like even more of a waste of time in precision farming.
PS4, XBOX X & PC Video Game Farmer
mydixiewrecked

Post by mydixiewrecked »

GrimGandalf wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2023 7:07 pm Expected yield for a crop on a field differs by soil type. For instance on Loam Rye is really good at 123% after nitrogen and lime. On Sandy Loam however it’s much lower. Was it possible that you looked at your expected yield in 2 different spots on your field?

Rolling definitely did not give us that kind of bonus. We tested after you mentioned that. We have 3 different soil types on our field and the expected yield on each after rolling went up 1%. Which makes rolling feel like even more of a waste of time in precision farming.
I will have to check next time I play. I created new fields around my created farm. Plowed, limed, disc, seeded with fertilizer and rolled. All 3 fields had the same expected yield. All 3 changed. If I recall the soil type on the fields I created was like a dark gray. That's all I remember till I get back on the map. I have 2 existing/original fields. One is grass and the other I have done the same pre prep but I'm waiting to plant corn in the spring