How the hell do these shitty mods get through testing??!!

Dim67

How the hell do these shitty mods get through testing??!!

Post by Dim67 »

So this mod

https://www.farming-simulator.com/mod.p ... tle=fs2022

completely hard-locked my game when I went horseback riding and when I got off the horse

2023-11-03 19:41 Error: Running LUA method 'update'.
C:/Users/Documents/My Games/FarmingSimulator2022/mods/FS22_WorkCamera/scripts/WorkCameraMain.lua:131: attempt to call method 'getAttachedImplements' (a nil value)
2023-11-03 19:42 Error: Running LUA method 'update'.
C:/Users/Documents/My Games/FarmingSimulator2022/mods/FS22_WorkCamera/scripts/WorkCameraMain.lua:245: attempt to call method 'getSelectedImplement' (a nil value)

Just full out had to alt-F4 to get out of the frozen screen.

I mean how the fu** do these shitty script mods get through Giants testing in the first place?
chedly_farms

Re: How the hell do these shitty mods get through testing??!!

Post by chedly_farms »

I never realized you could say hell on here.
Currently Playing on XBoxOne : Elm Creek

-----> And "Thank You Modders" for your contributions <----
UncleRico

Post by UncleRico »

Have you tried it with no other mods? They don’t test against other mods. You can’t really blame the mod unless you’ve tried it otherwise vanilla. Also don’t be so ornery.
Jimbob0704

Post by Jimbob0704 »

I know several people using that mod with no issues
Owner of YouTube channel FS landscaping
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCVa5pA ... kqx5eVXmxw
El Narizon

Post by El Narizon »

A real mod test is when using all the mods you use. Everything else is pathetic.
Manche sagen "wer lesen kann, ist klar im Vorteil". Viele nutzen dieses Zitat, um sich über andere lustig zu machen, ohne den Inhalt des genutzten Zitats zu verstehen. Und da ist er schon, der ironisch-paradoxe Knackpunkt. Es reicht nicht, nur lesen zu können. Das kann jeder Nicht-Analphabetiker. Den Inhalt verstehen, darum geht es.​
UncleRico

Post by UncleRico »

El Narizon wrote: Fri Nov 03, 2023 9:42 pm A real mod test is when using all the mods you use. Everything else is pathetic.
? Obviously for personal use but when you have a problem you need to narrow it down you can’t just fly off the handle because two things that were never intended to work together don’t.
El Narizon

Post by El Narizon »

I got that. The issue is that most games (e.g. their engines) have no proper debug logging system to really find a clue. Worst example may be the Unity engine.
So you are forced to narrow down to a low amount of mods - and it happens that you oversee other issues that you stumble upon later after you already claimed the issue is gone.
Manche sagen "wer lesen kann, ist klar im Vorteil". Viele nutzen dieses Zitat, um sich über andere lustig zu machen, ohne den Inhalt des genutzten Zitats zu verstehen. Und da ist er schon, der ironisch-paradoxe Knackpunkt. Es reicht nicht, nur lesen zu können. Das kann jeder Nicht-Analphabetiker. Den Inhalt verstehen, darum geht es.​
mydixiewrecked

Post by mydixiewrecked »

*OP has left the chat*
Kamiko

Post by Kamiko »

chedly_farms wrote: Fri Nov 03, 2023 8:12 pm I never realized you could say hell on here.

I really wish one couldn't.
Ravenport - 152 hours (platinum trophy)
Bajeczna - 17 hours
don_apple

Post by don_apple »

Dim67 wrote: Fri Nov 03, 2023 7:50 pm So this mod

https://www.farming-simulator.com/mod.p ... tle=fs2022

completely hard-locked my game when I went horseback riding and when I got off the horse

2023-11-03 19:41 Error: Running LUA method 'update'.
C:/Users/Documents/My Games/FarmingSimulator2022/mods/FS22_WorkCamera/scripts/WorkCameraMain.lua:131: attempt to call method 'getAttachedImplements' (a nil value)
2023-11-03 19:42 Error: Running LUA method 'update'.
C:/Users/Documents/My Games/FarmingSimulator2022/mods/FS22_WorkCamera/scripts/WorkCameraMain.lua:245: attempt to call method 'getSelectedImplement' (a nil value)

Just full out had to alt-F4 to get out of the frozen screen.

I mean how the fu** do these shitty script mods get through Giants testing in the first place?
Instead of just ranting here it would be better to try to reach out to the modder and let them know of the issue. According to their YouTube channel they also seem to have a discord where they can be reached: https://www.youtube.com/@bargonmods

The mod itself seems to work well, but it looks like the modder never considered that somebody might have the mod active while trying to ride a horse (which from the games point of view seems to be the same as driving a vehicle that as no attachers for implements)-
Gruß/Regards,
don_apple

Apple iMac 27" (2017), Quad-Core i7 4.2 GHz, 48GB, AMD Radeon R580 8GB
Bitte benutzt das öffentliche Forum für Supportfragen und nicht PN/Please use the public forum for support questions and not PM
FS22 Bugtracker
log.txt Image Server Forenregeln Board rules
Peter Griffin

Post by Peter Griffin »

Kamiko wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2023 9:27 am

I really wish one couldn't.
🙄
XBOX/ FS22
Marnie12

Post by Marnie12 »

Sorry for dropping in on a convo but I see you guys use mods. I’m on PS5 and can’t get any mods to work can anyone help me with this issue please ?
don_apple

Post by don_apple »

Marnie12 wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2023 4:44 pm Sorry for dropping in on a convo but I see you guys use mods. I’m on PS5 and can’t get any mods to work can anyone help me with this issue please ?
You already have a separate topic open for this: viewtopic.php?p=1588784#p1588784

In order for others to be able to help you need to provide some more details about what exactly doesn't work in the other topic (or example it is not possible to download mods, or you are not able to activate the mod when starting a career, or the mod is activated in the career but you don't know how to use it, ...).
Gruß/Regards,
don_apple

Apple iMac 27" (2017), Quad-Core i7 4.2 GHz, 48GB, AMD Radeon R580 8GB
Bitte benutzt das öffentliche Forum für Supportfragen und nicht PN/Please use the public forum for support questions and not PM
FS22 Bugtracker
log.txt Image Server Forenregeln Board rules
alanarientiziech

Post by alanarientiziech »

bring new feature to the next farming simulator: horse ride reverse camera :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
LittleWatt

Post by LittleWatt »

What do you mean? All mods are QA approved by Giants. So, they’re all perfect.