Zielonka, So Disappointed!

TheJimReaper

Zielonka, So Disappointed!

Post by TheJimReaper »

Since the annonucement of Zielonka I've been eagerly awaiting it's arrival slowly getting more and more excited for it. I've been watching all the trailers and the videos that the youtubers with early access put out such as FarmerCop! And I have really been excited and looking forward to playing the map with the new crops and vehicles, I even got up out of bed early so I could download the update and spend the day playing.

After playing for the first 2 hours and finding that contracts were not registering as having been started or completed even though I'd done them, the new harvester that crates the carrots, beets, and parsnips was dropping them straight out the back of the harvester instead of putting them into the crates!, fields weren't registering as having been limed or fertilized even though I'd done them! and then to top it off the game didn't save so I had to start over!

After restarting the bugs from the previous session were still there but not as bad, I did find a way round the lime and fertiliser problem though. During the 2nd session of play, my wife decided to join me and we tried to play in multiplayer, but she kept getting chucked off! (This could have been down to sever issues!).

2 things that really disappointed me about the map were the fact I couldn't purchase any of the production factories which meant I would have to place my own and then there would be buildings on the map taking up space I could use for something else! The other thing was the piano factory/shop, either I missed something when they talked about this in the preview videos or we just weren't told, but it's basically just somewhere to sell planks of wood!!!!!!! When they said piano factory I was expecting to be making and selling pianos.

Hopefully over the next week or 2 they'll put an update fixing these bugs and allow us to purchase the production factories and a few other things I might have missed.

To finish this on a positive note the map does look amazing, the Devs have obviously put a lot of work into it and do a great job and I appreciate all the work they've put into it. I love the new crops and what you can do with them.
KFedor1907

Re: Zielonka, So Disappointed!

Post by KFedor1907 »

Definitely share in the disappointment, though I am not having the same issue that you are. As with you, was extremely excited for a new map and a new(ish) region of the world. Thought this would be the best part of the Year 2 Season Pass as I was thoroughly disappointed with all the items previously released. We have ENOUGH hay and straw equipment, we do not need more. I don't do slurry or manure spreading, just not the way I play. Needless to say, I was anticipating the new map, hoping it would different with the new crops and teased new equipment.

As the fact sheets started rolling out, I became more and more disappointed. I gave it a benefit of the doubt for a few and waited for Tuesday to come. I got up early before work, just to play the map. I tried to stay away from watching the content creators early looks because I did not want to sway my experience.

The map is good, not great. I believe it depicts eastern Europe well. I have not made it as far as dealing with the productions, so I have no opinion to that matter. I played approximately 4 hours and I do not believe I will return to the map. Again it is not the map itself, it is the new crops.......

GIANTS, PLEASE HEAR THIS MESSAGE.....it is impossible to struggle through using workers to harvest any of the new crops with the new equipment. It is completely cringe worthy trying to do this. I feel the only way to harvest the new crops effectively is with the largest most expensive piece of equipment offered, but then you also need a worker and to cart constantly!!!! I do not play multiplayer, I have no friends who play FS and I find it next to impossible to enjoy doing these crops in any manner. This is a HUGE miss in my opinion. This is very similar to when sugarcane came onto the scene. Sugarcane was such a great idea, but so INFURIATING for the same reasons that the new root crops are. It took years to get a set of mods to handle sugarcane without having to constantly cart in the field at a snails pace.

Before anyone chimes in and tells me to use Follow Me or Courseplay, etc. I am a console player and unfortunately I have no availability to use any of those brilliant or fancy script mods you PC players use. Ultimately, before I return to doing any of these new crops, I will have to wait for the modding community to create some kinds of harvesters that has the ability to store them on the vehicle. I know these do not exist IRL, but it would have been nice for some kind of availability to do this or at least revised AI mechanics where the workers actually know what in the heck they are doing
PrincessJessi84

Post by PrincessJessi84 »

TheJimReaper wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2023 2:12 pm
You got mod conflicts my dude. Clear your mod folder and I will bet you don't have most or all of those issues anymore. Then add them back in until you find the problem child and then send them to military school :lol: Likely a scripted mod conflicting with some of the new code from the dlc
https://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/
PC
PC - Ryzen 7-2700 8core, 32gb ram, 2x2tb SSD, RTX 2080 SUPER 8gb, GX-850 Gold PSU
Displays - ASUS ROG Strix XG43VQ 43” Super Ultra-Wide Curved HDR Gaming Monitor 120Hz (3840 x 1200)
Samsung CFG70 27" Curved gaming Monitor 144HZ (1920 x 1080)
2x 24" Dell Monitors
Controllers - T150 Pro, Side Panel, TrackIR7, TM Stick
EUROFARMER22

Post by EUROFARMER22 »

KFedor1907 wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2023 4:56 pm
Instead of mumbling/crying, you can buy the Dewulf Gcci and you can harvest the crops alone. Unfold the machine, buy four empty boxes, unload them when they will be full, rinse and repeat.
John Deere - Nothing runs like a deere !

PC Specs:
Windows 11
AMD Ryzen™ 7 5700G
16GB DDR4 RAM
NVIDIA® GeForce RTX™ 3060 Ti 8GB
256 GB PCIe® NVMe™ M.2 SSD
1 TB HDD
sporadicsmiles

Post by sporadicsmiles »

EUROFARMER22 wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2023 7:43 pm
KFedor1907 wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2023 4:56 pm
Instead of mumbling/crying, you can buy the Dewulf Gcci and you can harvest the crops alone. Unfold the machine, buy four empty boxes, unload them when they will be full, rinse and repeat.
However I think console users have the right to be a little bit miffed that there is some kit in a pack they have paid for that they will essentially never get to drive. It is a pretty weird decision from Giants. Even if these machines have no capacity to hold crops, just add a bit of QoL to the game here.
Crashmac

Post by Crashmac »

KFedor1907 wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2023 4:56 pm Definitely share in the disappointment, though I am not having the same issue that you are. As with you, was extremely excited for a new map and a new(ish) region of the world. Thought this would be the best part of the Year 2 Season Pass as I was thoroughly disappointed with all the items previously released. We have ENOUGH hay and straw equipment, we do not need more. I don't do slurry or manure spreading, just not the way I play. Needless to say, I was anticipating the new map, hoping it would different with the new crops and teased new equipment.

As the fact sheets started rolling out, I became more and more disappointed. I gave it a benefit of the doubt for a few and waited for Tuesday to come. I got up early before work, just to play the map. I tried to stay away from watching the content creators early looks because I did not want to sway my experience.

The map is good, not great. I believe it depicts eastern Europe well. I have not made it as far as dealing with the productions, so I have no opinion to that matter. I played approximately 4 hours and I do not believe I will return to the map. Again it is not the map itself, it is the new crops.......

GIANTS, PLEASE HEAR THIS MESSAGE.....it is impossible to struggle through using workers to harvest any of the new crops with the new equipment. It is completely cringe worthy trying to do this. I feel the only way to harvest the new crops effectively is with the largest most expensive piece of equipment offered, but then you also need a worker and to cart constantly!!!! I do not play multiplayer, I have no friends who play FS and I find it next to impossible to enjoy doing these crops in any manner. This is a HUGE miss in my opinion. This is very similar to when sugarcane came onto the scene. Sugarcane was such a great idea, but so INFURIATING for the same reasons that the new root crops are. It took years to get a set of mods to handle sugarcane without having to constantly cart in the field at a snails pace.

Before anyone chimes in and tells me to use Follow Me or Courseplay, etc. I am a console player and unfortunately I have no availability to use any of those brilliant or fancy script mods you PC players use. Ultimately, before I return to doing any of these new crops, I will have to wait for the modding community to create some kinds of harvesters that has the ability to store them on the vehicle. I know these do not exist IRL, but it would have been nice for some kind of availability to do this or at least revised AI mechanics where the workers actually know what in the heck they are doing
As a fellow console player, this is exactly the reason I didn't buy this pack, without improvements to AI/helpers there are certain aspects that are useless to me.
UncleRico

Post by UncleRico »

sporadicsmiles wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2023 10:14 pm
However I think console users have the right to be a little bit miffed that there is some kit in a pack they have paid for that they will essentially never get to drive. It is a pretty weird decision from Giants. Even if these machines have no capacity to hold crops, just add a bit of QoL to the game here.
Whilst I tend to agree the workers need a serious overhaul, it’s not like PCs are given some advantage from Giants. It’s a third party mod that makes those tools usable. Base game works are just as useless to us as they are to you. It’s also a a set of mods that can be incredibly taxing to a system and cause some issues if you don’t have a good computer. Basically I’m just pointing out it’s not a PC vs Console issue but a vanilla game issue. It’s long past time to implement a base game version of auto drive and courseplay. And for those who inevitably cry “it’s too complicated” It’s not and it’s so much easier to get working for any style of play you may have than the ai they currently can hardly get functioning on their own maps.
Massey44

Post by Massey44 »

One solution I found on youtube today for the harvesting vegetables tedium/pain/fun. Lease the big harvester and drive it yourself but make sure to set 'unload here' when harvesting, it dumps crop on the field which you can pick up with this fitted to a tractor with trailer and yes that mod is available for console owners:

https://www.farming-simulator.com/mod.p ... tle=fs2022

As for the map I quite like it but I think there are much better Polish maps on the Modhub. Overall its a bit sterile and devoid of anything special but it has quite a nice rustic bleakness to it and at least the fields work well with the hired 'help'. I know you can't buy some of the productions but since I have zero interest in that I'm not annoyed by it. Thankfully Giants made all the buidlings on the buyable farms removable.
CiaFromTheAlps

Post by CiaFromTheAlps »

So far I like Zielonka. Nice, detailed and there is space around the fields. Of course there could be more user friendly space to place own productions. Or what if you had to place them by yourself in the first place ? Gameplay: Easy to start in Normal level, then spend the money wisely, have fields (they are cheap) and equipment. Cons come from AI. New crops are screaming that Follow Me (AI can drive alongside of the harvester and PLAYER drive the harvester). And more: AI driving over the crops kills immersion too. It should not be that hard to drive circles (1st step improvement). In addition that manuevering is the second con. With that small 0.8m bunker harvester described: slow down, lift tool, reverse, forward, circle, forward, reverse, lower tool, go. This propably goes with all the harvesters (vege). You can't go far and have to babysit AI and then he does his manuevers and drives over the crop. I play crop destruction OFF, but still.

I tried multitasking, but could not fully relax seeding new field with Zetor and Unia, but have to constantly come back to check Ai when he's flashing 80% and doing his things described. And this is not all: AI drives the bunker 100%, the veggies inside the harvester are deleted(?) because of no room! That is lot of beets and carrots.. in the end.

When I drove that thing myself, it was not so hard and comparing to AI, much faster. Straight line and F86 added approx 2000 vegetables, one pass. Lift tool, floor it!, half circle to the other side, lower tool, go! It was 2 or 3 passes and then empty reds to the trailer (green long, low with dolly). And not harvest to 100%.. when you lift the tool.. beets still flowing to the bunker. This is not a perfect scientific test, but.. better play for sure.

That is shame, if the "Piano" is only a sell point. I waited something like Roller Coaster and Sailboat. Have to check that later time. Of course.. logging without super strength.. is a thing and how you do it.
---
!! Kind of Spoiler alert !! There could be some fun too! Even if there is not.. the thing / premices looks nice. Even have a reset button. Giants: Next time some mowing contract with those walking mowers.. Propably someone has already noticed this and compeleted target. If you know the answer to this: The name of the game: ? - That basic black and white round thing is missing =) If only I could remember where I saw it last time.
----
In the end I would rate Zielonka map quite high. Not yet with these hours can't beat Erlengrat, but something like Felsbrunn.
IceUul

Post by IceUul »

I felt Zielonka map and equipment came with this DLC kinda boring, only things which catch my interest were the new root crop stuff, but
reading here, raises few questions. So you want to use new root crop harvesters on Zielonka, you can't drive them by yourself?
Put AI working and follow yourself by trailer? So same problem like we have with sugarcane?

And btw truth is... as PC player... autodrive + courseplay does not solve all the problems, because:
1. They do not have support to these new machinery yet.
2. These mods are very badly optimized, i can only use courseplay to run 1-3 workers at same time, more than that will
make game unplayable. It depents very much about the map and how much things you already have there, but since
it put too much processes into one CPU core will result very slow FPS in game.
3. Getting these mods work without your constant interference, i mean, when some worker run into some problem or stop somewhere,
needs lot of work.

I prefer using Giants AI, more comfortable, less hassle. But since all maps are not very Giants AI friendly and some machinery are not
supported by Giants AI. So there is no choice, need to use autodrive coursplay combo.
SimulatedFarmer

Post by SimulatedFarmer »

Massey44 wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 4:24 am One solution I found on youtube today for the harvesting vegetables tedium/pain/fun. Lease the big harvester and drive it yourself but make sure to set 'unload here' when harvesting, it dumps crop on the field which you can pick up with this fitted to a tractor with trailer and yes that mod is available for console owners:

https://www.farming-simulator.com/mod.p ... tle=fs2022

As for the map I quite like it but I think there are much better Polish maps on the Modhub. Overall its a bit sterile and devoid of anything special but it has quite a nice rustic bleakness to it and at least the fields work well with the hired 'help'. I know you can't buy some of the productions but since I have zero interest in that I'm not annoyed by it. Thankfully Giants made all the buidlings on the buyable farms removable.
Thank you for this. I have decided to buy expansion packs after they come out, if they work for me. I’m an “oddball” player who likes to do more than work fields and forest. That’s on me, but I’d love follow me and some of the previously mentioned things in the base game. It just takes too long to move things around, etc., manually. We shall see.
RogsR35UK

Post by RogsR35UK »

I used the single row Vegetable Harvester with the small bin, which needed fairly frequent emptying. The AI managed to miss some of the crops. I did fare better with the 4 row harvester, following with an electric tractor (Hurliman 132 HP mod) and trailer. The smallish field produced over 60K of Parsnips, just as well I was using a Lizard Tardis trailer. The harvester AI managed to miss a row of Parsnips so I tied up loose ends with the singe row harvester. Looks like a patch is needed?
Massey44

Post by Massey44 »

SimulatedFarmer wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 2:31 pm Thank you for this. I have decided to buy expansion packs after they come out, if they work for me. I’m an “oddball” player who likes to do more than work fields and forest. That’s on me, but I’d love follow me and some of the previously mentioned things in the base game. It just takes too long to move things around, etc., manually. We shall see.
You're welcome. I don't think its oddball if you enjoy that kind of thing, if anything I'm probably quite narrow in how I play the game but for some reason I just don't want to be a factory owner and forklift operator, sure I could set it to autosell but I don't make as much money that way. I don't enjoy forestry either despite trying it many times.
alanarientiziech

Post by alanarientiziech »

the next fs game is skipped, and the next after it 99% also xD
LittleWatt

Post by LittleWatt »

I like the newer stuff. I think the small rectangular fields in the northwest are perfect for the new crops. The yields seem similar to sugar beet with slightly better prices and fewer seed costs.

But, if you’re someone who is opposed to sugarcane, I don’t think you’ll like the premium stuff. I found the single row harvesters fairly suspect, but the self propelled machine worked well. I’m a console player so I just followed along with a trailer. Once modders get ahold of things I think they’ll make machines that improve the quality of life: larger harvesters, self propelled machines with tanks, stuff like that.

The map itself is a bit less than I hoped. Giants did a great job by letting you completely disassemble your farm. Offered large spaces for productions, but failed to make some dedicated plots or enough level land to place productions without a lot of landscaping, which I absolutely hate. It’s very likely I sacrifice the largest and flattest field I can find and turn that into productions and animal pens.