Heckin' Annoyed!

Demonitron

Heckin' Annoyed!

Post by Demonitron »

So I had FS22 installed on my old PC, working fine (after all the nonsense with DX11/DX12 was sorted out).

Built a new, beastly (at least...it was) gaming PC/workstation, installed FS22, working fine.

Noticed I didn't play anywhere near as much as I used to because I I had to turn on another PC that FS22 just didn't need the power of to play, so I uninstalled it from there and reinstalled it on my old daily driver.

I get told "Online Activation Limit Exceeded". The hell? Got in touch with GIANTS and they 'added more activations' to my code. Woo! We're off again!

Except now I've done something similar again, having built yet another new PC (I guess I'm an 'enthusiast', I build or change my PC's fairly frequently) and brought the Year Two Season Pass to finally play some of the new content...

...guess what!? "Online Activation Limit Exceeded" for my base game, pre-ordered copy!

I've emailed GIANTS, they got back to me next day asking for my product code, even though they could've just looked that up on my account (all my FS content has been purchased through the FS store, not though Steam or any other means) I replied back, three minutes after I got their email, with the code.

No reply.

I sent another message today asking, very politely, if they had any luck with it.

No reply.

Ok, I know it has only been 36h and they are probably putting out fires due to new content being incompatible with X or Y, or bugs they've missed. But cheesus am I ever annoyed that I can't play a game I have paid for because of their stupid, apparently two activation limit, 'anti piracy' attempt.

I say 'attempt' because there is already a 'liberated' version in the wild, so it obviously stops nothing...except me...playing my legit version.

So annoyed!
IceUul

Re: Heckin' Annoyed!

Post by IceUul »

That's why i never buy directly from Giants, had similar problem before also.

From Steam you can install game as many computers you like and no problems at all.
Demonitron

Post by Demonitron »

Yeah, I should've definitely gone the Steam route, because the saga just gets better.

I got a reply this morning, sent at about 7am and picked up at 8am, stating that 'unfortunately' I didn't send them my license code.

The HECK man!? *thumbsdown*

My first email, with the code in it, has managed to be completely ignored.

I replied, forwarding the original email, pointing out that it was sent BEFORE the one they managed to reply to.

Of course...no reply as yet.
Demonitron

Post by Demonitron »

Well, it's been almost a week now and I still haven't been able to play the game.

Having given it considerable thought I have put in a formal request for a refund for my purchase of the Year 2 Season Pass with GIANTS. There is no point my owning something I cannot play.

It's only £5 more to buy the Premium Edition, containing both Season Passes, on Steam, so that's what I'll do.

What a mess.