So many maps no need FS 24 :)

hun3

So many maps no need FS 24 :)

Post by hun3 »

I just want to say since its Thanksgiving day in America that a big thank you to all of you talented modders. *thumbsup* I already ran out of save spots because there are so many cool maps out there to play.

So GIANTS no need to rush FS24. :)
Earnest Pea

Re: So many maps no need FS 24 :)

Post by Earnest Pea »

100% agree! Still enyoying 22, with lots more to go. Definitely to many good maps.
KnowhutImean?
PC|XB1
mydixiewrecked

Post by mydixiewrecked »

+1

Definitely enjoying Alma and the cornucopia of great mods.
wiseguy49

Post by wiseguy49 »

You're right there is no need for FS24 it will be FS25.
Tommy93

Post by Tommy93 »

Agree, I prefer they keep improving this game and add a lot of new stuff to it like Irrigation system for example, which could be done simply with the hoses and the waterpump from the "Pumps n Hoses" DLC.

But that's just 1 of the things I prefer they add.
So I hope 2024 gonna bring a lot of good and new stuff (fingers crossed 🤞🏻 they don't add any baling and mowing stuff anymore, we have enough of those lol)
Miketeg

Post by Miketeg »

In fact, there's no need (at the moment) for a new FS2X if they keep the same engine.

THere's a need of a new one if they change the Engine.
Has been dairy farmer - From Quebec, Canada
French is my first language, please excuse my English :-)
blue_painted

Post by blue_painted »

Miketeg wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2023 3:12 pm In fact, there's no need (at the moment) for a new FS2X if they keep the same engine.

Which I sincerely hope they don't!

(Where "change" is "replace", I'm all in favour of "change" being "improve")
Playing new "Beest" Intel i7-11700F with GeForce GTX 3060 and XBOX controller
also £600 laptop - AMD Ryzen 5600H with GeForce GTX 3050 XBOX controller

Dairydeere's A Guide to Finding Farming Simulator Mods - Please give this a read and help spread awareness for respectful mod downloads
FBtheSQL

Post by FBtheSQL »

blue_painted wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 10:34 am
Miketeg wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2023 3:12 pm In fact, there's no need (at the moment) for a new FS2X if they keep the same engine.

Why do you sincerely hope they don't change the engine?
blue_painted

Post by blue_painted »

FBtheSQL wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 12:19 pm

Because I know it will go something like this:

GIANTS - tech and marketing
1. Let's use UnrealEngine because it's seriously cool and all the other cool games use it and it's cool ...
2. Ah yes, but it doesn't do X Y & Z -- those basic farming functions the game relies on ...
3. That's OK, because we can implement X by doing ...
4. Time is ticking and we have no product yet ...
5. We can do Z, but only partly, so lets call in "zz" instead
6. Time is still ticking and this is looking harder ...
7. Actually, the way we did X is really bad on performance when A B or C are true ...
8. So lets do "xx", that will work .. sort of ..
9. Wow, doesn't time fly when you're up against it!
10. Okay, so now we can do xx and zz ...
11. We really need an income stream, let's do an "Early release .."
12. Damn, we haven't done Y
13. Let's release it as an interim ... it will be seriously cool because New Engine!

USERS
"Hey, what's happened to X Y and Z?"
"I used to be able to do A B and C as well .."

GIANTS
"Yes, we're going to do an update real soon now ...."

USERS
"But zz isn't Z, it really isn't ..."
"You promised us H I J and K in the new Unreal version ..."
"What's happened to Y?"

MODDERS
"Oh wait, everything I know about A B & C and X Y & Z is now useless? But xx and zz are terrible!"

. . . . you get the idea?

Dairydeere's A Guide to Finding Farming Simulator Mods - Please give this a read and help spread awareness for respectful mod downloads
FBtheSQL

Post by FBtheSQL »

blue_painted wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 12:40 pm
FBtheSQL wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 12:19 pm

Because I know it will go something like this:

GIANTS - tech and marketing
1. Let's use UnrealEngine because it's seriously cool and all the other cool games use it and it's cool ...
2. Ah yes, but it doesn't do X Y & Z -- those basic farming functions the game relies on ...
3. That's OK, because we can implement X by doing ...
4. Time is ticking and we have no product yet ...
5. We can do Z, but only partly, so lets call in "zz" instead
6. Time is still ticking and this is looking harder ...
7. Actually, the way we did X is really bad on performance when A B or C are true ...
8. So lets do "xx", that will work .. sort of ..
9. Wow, doesn't time fly when you're up against it!
10. Okay, so now we can do xx and zz ...
11. We really need an income stream, let's do an "Early release .."
12. Damn, we haven't done Y
13. Let's release it as an interim ... it will be seriously cool because New Engine!

USERS
"Hey, what's happened to X Y and Z?"
"I used to be able to do A B and C as well .."

GIANTS
"Yes, we're going to do an update real soon now ...."

USERS
"But zz isn't Z, it really isn't ..."
"You promised us H I J and K in the new Unreal version ..."
"What's happened to Y?"

MODDERS
"Oh wait, everything I know about A B & C and X Y & Z is now useless? But xx and zz are terrible!"

. . . . you get the idea?
You're probably correct. You don't have faith they'll do it properly.
Season passes could be used to generate funds, giving them the time they'd need.
Backlash from existing players is a given regardless of their path.
Modders come and go, so that aspect isn't relevant imo.
UncleRico

Post by UncleRico »

FBtheSQL wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 1:07 pm
Season passes could be used to generate funds, giving them the time they'd need.
Giants have stated a few times now that they’ve considered it but with no engine doing what they need it to currently they’d be moving backwards trying to make it compatible. That’s not a direct quote but just my simple understanding of it but basically they’ll end up with something similar to what they have already. As far as modders go I would definitely say it doesn’t seem relevant but say we’re six months into the game and there’s just a handful of mods released because modders are relearning or have just decided not to bother that’s going to become extremely relevant very quickly. Currently if we go three days without mods people are pretty upset. There’s literally an active thread now that complained about Giants going on Christmas vacation haha. I know modders come and go but a large amount at once would be detrimental.
FBtheSQL

Post by FBtheSQL »

UncleRico wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2023 1:10 pm
FBtheSQL wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 1:07 pm
Giants have stated a few times now that they’ve considered it but with no engine doing what they need it to currently they’d be moving backwards trying to make it compatible. That’s not a direct quote but just my simple understanding of it but basically they’ll end up with something similar to what they have already. As far as modders go I would definitely say it doesn’t seem relevant but say we’re six months into the game and there’s just a handful of mods released because modders are relearning or have just decided not to bother that’s going to become extremely relevant very quickly. Currently if we go three days without mods people are pretty upset. There’s literally an active thread now that complained about Giants going on Christmas vacation haha. I know modders come and go but a large amount at once would be detrimental.
Yeah I hear you about the mods. It appears for most, the game isn't good enough without mods, and for a few, the mods aren't good enough without more mods.
Anyway, we'll probably hear something about the next game version within a couple months of the new year regardless of the OP thinking there's no need.
j_maybury

Post by j_maybury »

We have just got the game back to where it was in FS17. I fear that Giants are going to do something stupid again. and ruin it for another two or three years. At the moment, the game in 20FS22 seems pretty solid. I know people would like extras. but those extras come at a cost. which could potentially ruin the game. At the moment we are getting so many add-ons that conflicts occur daily sometimes. I hate having to restart a map just because of some *$#%§* who only cares about his own map, has released a mod that Giants have passed just for it to break the game In areas that he is not interested in.
blue_painted

Post by blue_painted »

j_maybury wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2023 3:48 pm We have just got the game back to where it was in FS17. I fear that Giants are going to do something stupid again. and ruin it for another two or three years. At the moment, the game in 20FS22 seems pretty solid. I know people would like extras. but those extras come at a cost. which could potentially ruin the game. At the moment we are getting so many add-ons that conflicts occur daily sometimes. I hate having to restart a map just because of some *$#%§* who only cares about his own map, has released a mod that Giants have passed just for it to break the game In areas that he is not interested in.
I can't quite agree with you -- FS22 is cluttered up with productions, and "Season cycles" isn't as good as Seasons mod in FS17, no where near as good as Seasons19, and although the terrain ediitng is better, and placeables are a bit better, they still present pit-traps for the unwary.

BUT ... a whole humungrous heap better than the out-of-the-box game!

FBtheSQL

Post by FBtheSQL »

j_maybury wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2023 3:48 pm We have just got the game back to where it was in FS17......
I have three words for you, after these nine.
Blas phe my