Series X : I am now a Beliver.. WE NEED VR SUPPORT FOR PC.

The Mucky Farmer

Series X : I am now a Beliver.. WE NEED VR SUPPORT FOR PC.

Post by The Mucky Farmer »

Having played the game years ago on PC. Now moved over to the sofa and Series x. I was initially disappointed we still don't have arms for seen for steering wheels and chain saw, no rain on wind screens (can't believe this) I thought the graphics on series x x were.. ok.

However the more I have been playing on the Old Valley Farm in 4k 60... I am now a farmer believer. When the grass is frosty and the snow comes down it is very beautiful. I do wish the snow looked a bit more realistic but in its own way it very beautiful.

I honestly believe this could be the greatest VR game ever. If only giants realized what they are sitting on.. ETS2 is amazing in VR and the only way I will play that game now. The fact we are sat in vehicles ... is a gold mine, it could be just vr camera for now, hand controls not needed. I dream about Farming Sim in VR and would gladly pay for a vr update.

The well is deep and so much to learn but so far enjoying my new experience on a 80" projector. Please add VR for PC!!!
Lexie

Re: Series X : I am now a Beliver.. WE NEED VR SUPPORT FOR PC.

Post by Lexie »

Please just stop spamming about VR, you did make your own topic besides reacting on old topics with no activity for long time.
Those older topics where already clear, including what Giants stated before about this.
There is not a lot of interest by players for VR, most likely there are not a lot of players of FS with a VR headset, so it's not gonna happen anytime soon or not at all. Besides this, Giants better spent their time and effort in something, all players benefit from.
mydixiewrecked

Post by mydixiewrecked »

Is there a horse within a mile of you that you haven't beaten to death yet? We get it....VR tickles your fancy....
UncleRico

Post by UncleRico »

Niche game meets niche way to play game. Not a great combo. Not to mention the mass amounts of improvements the game could see from the resources needed for VR. 👎 on VR
Just out of curiosity I googled euro truck 2 since you keep bringing it up here and in other threads. It says it has over 500,000 ratings on steam, which is pretty impressive. When I do the same for FS22 it has 42,000. FS19 has 59,000. It’s not a perfect measurement, but it says a lot in my mind. And to answer your point in the other thread that it’s not expensive and it’s not time consuming because they only hired one person to implement the change. That’s huge on small development team that might be 20 people for 4 years. I’d much rather see them dedicate that person to cleaning up bugs, quality control, or most importantly, working on the horrible AI workers.
The Mucky Farmer

Lexie wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2023 9:24 pm Please just stop spamming about VR, you did make your own topic besides reacting on old topics with no activity for long time.
Those older topics where already clear, including what Giants stated before about this.
There is not a lot of interest by players for VR, most likely there are not a lot of players of FS with a VR headset, so it's not gonna happen anytime soon or not at all. Besides this, Giants better spent their time and effort in something, all players benefit from.
no.
SimulatedFarmer

Post by SimulatedFarmer »

I play on console and am all for VR on PC, if that’s what folks and Giants want. Just consider charging the approximately 50% of console users a lower price for what we don’t have and can’t get. I’d like to see VR for FS. After years managing a Windows network, I will NEVER deal with the security threats of gaming on a computer. I do hope you get it, though.
Ekan

Post by Ekan »

We? I dont need VR.
FS since 2012 :hi:
"Immersive farmplay & detail fanatic"

PC: :gamer:
Acer "28" NItro XVO (4k)
Geforce RTX 3070
i7-8700k 5ghz (OC) (3.70ghz)
HyperX fury 32gb RAM
M.2 970 evoPlus (500gb)
M.2 MP500 (150gb)
ROG strix Z370-F
EVGA 750w psu, Corsair cooling & chassi
Tommy93

Post by Tommy93 »

Ekan wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2023 12:59 pm We? I dont need VR.
Same here! I don't need it, I even got a VR headset but wouldn't play this game in VR :lol:

I even remember this has been asked to the community and the majority prefers them to focus on improving the current gameplay, bugs and fixes.

So if you ask me if a VR version is needed my answer is:
The Mucky Farmer wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2023 11:14 am no.

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Urinal2001

Post by Urinal2001 »

Do i need it? No, not really. But do i want it? Damn right i do. From the (admittedly brief) reading ive done into the subject, it may well only require minimal effort to implement the basics. Whether Giants are up for putting even the bare minimum effort into a feature is very much up for debate though...
David763

Post by David763 »

Excited about Farming Simulator on Series X, especially on Old Valley Farm in 4k 60. Beautiful scenes, particularly with frosty grass and snow. Hoping for a VR update for PC, believing it could be the greatest VR game.
The Mucky Farmer

David763 wrote: Thu Nov 23, 2023 11:10 am Excited about Farming Simulator on Series X, especially on Old Valley Farm in 4k 60. Beautiful scenes, particularly with frosty grass and snow. Hoping for a VR update for PC, believing it could be the greatest VR game.
It look svery good on Series x, the lighting is not as good as on PC by far a fair way, but still looks great and runs very smooth, the massive circle around you is a big disappointment, with object appearing in the distance, but so far it been great. sample below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qJ2TSoDtC_Ms
BC144601

Post by BC144601 »

No, no and NO VR, *thumbsdown* :this:
The Mucky Farmer

BC144601 wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2023 5:30 pm No, no and NO VR, *thumbsdown* :this:
You obviously have never tried it. What you scared of?
BC144601

Post by BC144601 »

The Mucky Farmer wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2023 5:44 pm
BC144601 wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2023 5:30 pm No, no and NO VR, *thumbsdown* :this:
You obviously have never tried it. What you scared of?
I've had people hold guns to my face, I've been on scene where a person committed suicide in his vehicle with a shotgun, I've seen human beings ripped apart, trust me I'm not scared of VR, however I don't need it or want it in my Farming Simulator game.
Tommy93

Post by Tommy93 »

The Mucky Farmer wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2023 5:44 pm You obviously have never tried it. What you scared of?
Why are you coming at people for giving their opinion?

We get it, you clearly in love with VR and you wanna marry VR and share a room with VR, that's fine, but don't force people into things they don't want.

I'm a VR player but I don't NEED or WANT VR in this game, and besides that I rather see them improving current game because it has many stuff they need to improve/fix and adding new gameplay features.

That is my opinion and im free to give my opinion.

You have your opinion, people are allowed to give their opinion. But stop coming at them for giving their opinion!!!
Last edited by Tommy93 on Mon Nov 27, 2023 10:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.