Minimalist Challange

Helazak

Minimalist Challange

Post by Helazak »

Once I think I understand a game I always try to see how efficient I can be, and try to race to a goal in the fastest time possible.
Given all the different degrees of freedom this game gives, I decided on a minimalist challenge.

FS22 with Platinum Expansion
Minimal Mods
  • Courseplay (can't image not having it)
  • 1 map Mod
  • 1 Shop item Mod (I chose my favorite attachment)
  • 1 Construction Item Mod
  • 1 GamePlay Mod (in addition to courseplay)
The goal is for me to get to $10M in under 2 years. And since the goal is actual farming, I consider the Government Subsidy mod cheating.

Currently I have gotten over $2m in less than a year and that was making a huge mistake right off the bat planting the wrong thing.

The reason I am starting this thread is that there are challenges to not using mods. There are a lot of neat ways modders have solved problems that may have base game work around solutions. I wanted to have a place to get advice without the "Just use this mod (link)" response.

So that is the concept. Tell me what you think.
FS22 on PC, FS14, FS16, FS20 on iPhone Not a gamer. Most gamer jargon goes over my head.
Started playing for the education about farming.

Amateur (noob) Farmer 5 mostly forested acres
Tractor: Kubota M4900 (54HP), w/ Loader bucket and forks
Attachments: log splitter, Chipper/shredder, finish mower, scrape blade, rock rake, double moldboard plow, rototiller, Garden Bedder
Helazak

Re: Minimalist Challange

Post by Helazak »

I am using forestry as my primary income which I have a mature process for harvesting trees which is doing fine (as long as I plant the right tree)

For supplemental income (while trees are growing) I am making silage. My normal approach is baling but that requres a lot of hands on time collecting the bales (without autoload). I was hoping using a silo would be less hands on but the compacting part is an absolute pain and I cant get the hang of the levelers.

Any suggestions on making silage more hands off?
FS22 on PC, FS14, FS16, FS20 on iPhone Not a gamer. Most gamer jargon goes over my head.

Attachments: log splitter, Chipper/shredder, finish mower, scrape blade, rock rake, double moldboard plow, rototiller, Garden Bedder
JensChrDK

Post by JensChrDK »

Been playing WAAAAY to many hours - PC with Logitech G27 and Thrustmaster Simtask Farmstick
Helazak

Post by Helazak »

JensChrDK

Post by JensChrDK »

Helazak wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2023 6:30 pm
ROTFLOL
Why are you rolling round down there?
Been playing WAAAAY to many hours - PC with Logitech G27 and Thrustmaster Simtask Farmstick
Helazak

Post by Helazak »

JensChrDK wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2023 7:35 pm
Helazak wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2023 6:30 pm I wanted to have a place to get advice without the "Just use this mod (link)" response.
And your response was a link to a mod. I assumed you were trolling.

I specifically am not using mods.

LittleWatt

Post by LittleWatt »

I’m all for challenges. I actually look at Farming Simulator as an RPG and not a simulator. I often make specific goals for each map. From doing actual research into the area the map is representing to limiting the use of certain things, or a maximum tractor size (I struggle big time with using small tractors and harvesters).

As for the levelers, keep practicing. It took me a bit to get the hang of them, but now I cruise through a bunker with the Agripower beast of a machine. But, using a wheel loader will compact faster as they are much heavier.

I am curious as to why you aren’t using a base game auto load bail trailer. Here’s the thing, if you’re opposed to the auto load trailers in the game, and are concerned about the time it takes to load bales, I’m not sure you’ll make up any time using a silo. Cut, transport, compact, and then shovel into a trailer will likely be longer than just baling and using a loader of some type.

I use bunkers all the time. (I play with Precision Farming so a steady supply of organic fertilizer is a must, and animals just can’t produce enough to keep up with demand.) Bunkers take a lot of time. The compacting is certainly a huge time vacuum. As is the transport to the silos, especially at a max of 56k liters per trip. So if it’s time you’re concerned with, I’m not sure silos are the answer.
JensChrDK

Post by JensChrDK »

Helazak wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2023 3:40 am
JensChrDK wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2023 7:35 pm
Helazak wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2023 6:30 pm I wanted to have a place to get advice without the "Just use this mod (link)" response.
And your response was a link to a mod. I assumed you were trolling.

I specifically am not using mods.
Sorry, but I'm not much of a writer, but I have seen some things and tried some things which has given me some experience. And sometimes I just see the end question and answer that, instead of reading your whole novel about why you do things this and that way and these strange rules on mods and what not. If it exist in real life, then why not just use it...?

DLC then? Göweil pack has some stationary balers, but that's even more hands on, soooo.... Good luck on your quest for other ways of doing silage with vanilla game stuff..
Helazak

Post by Helazak »

LittleWatt wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2023 11:43 am
I am curious as to why you aren’t using a base game auto load bail trailer. Here’s the thing, if you’re opposed to the auto load trailers in the game, and are concerned about the time it takes to load bales, I’m not sure you’ll make up any time using a silo. Cut, transport, compact, and then shovel into a trailer will likely be longer than just baling and using a loader of some type.
There is a base game autoload, I thought auto load was a mod?

Massey44

Post by Massey44 »

Helazak wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2023 2:15 pm There is a base game autoload, I thought auto load was a mod?
The Anderson square and round bale loaders have autoload.
LittleWatt

Post by LittleWatt »

Helazak wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2023 2:15 pm
LittleWatt wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2023 11:43 am
There is a base game autoload, I thought auto load was a mod?
Square and round trailers by Anderson load automatically. Round bales hold more product and the trailer carries more bales, twice as many if I recall. I like using the Kuhn round baler and the Anderson field wrapper to make the long tube style silage bales. It takes a bit longer as you have to load each bale, but it’s neat looking.
JensChrDK

Post by JensChrDK »

Yeah well.. It's a mod. Giants mod I know, but still a mod - so it doesn't work with his rules... :rolleyesnew:
LittleWatt

Post by LittleWatt »

What’s a mod? The base game bale trailer aren’t mods.
JensChrDK

Post by JensChrDK »

Sorry, there is one Anderson trailer in the vanilla game. But the others you have to download from modhub. Hence, a mod.
Massey44

Post by Massey44 »

Anderson RBM2000, 24 x 125-180 cm round bale capacity. Base game.
Anderson Multipack D14, 14x 120cm square bale capacity. Base game.
Anderson FSX 64.72, 14x 180-240cm square bale capacity. Base game.

Not one of those are mods.