Best map for horses?

NateS

Best map for horses?

Post by NateS »

Hello fellow farmers! I recently picked the game back up after a long absence. I remember this forum being very helpful in the past. As the title suggests, my ultimate goal is to find a CONSOLE map most suitable for horses. My 9yo daughter enjoys farming with me and her favorite part is riding and exploring with the horses. I am definitely open to suggestions and have compiled a short list of things I'm looking for:
1) map must be available on console
2) built in horse pasture or suitable area to place one.
3) trails, gardens, rivers, etc. Map needs to be detailed as to enjoy walking through it for hours.
4) collectibles or other interesting features are a plus.

Thank you for reading and I look forward to any replies.
PC & PS4
Massey44

Re: Best map for horses?

Post by Massey44 »

'Frühling' and the newer version of it 'Frühling 2K23' both start you with a horse pasture on new farmer mode. Pretty German themed maps but kind of small.

'Alma, Missouri' has a large custom horse stable on the main farm, the landscape is rolling hills but mainly fields and tree lines. Great American map and the town is a work of art but I'm not sure the environment is interesting enough for you.

'Court Farm Country Park' is beautiful visually, features a lot of small country lanes, streams, ponds and a castle. British map but has very tight farmyards which cannot be changed. Also has rabbits. I'm sure the main farm has a horse paddock.

The recent fictional German map 'Krumbach' has woods, hills, some streams. No stable but there are plenty of fields to place one and it definitely ticks the boxes in terms of visual appeal.

'Erlingen', another German themed map has nice visuals and has an equestrian centre with stables on the map as well as a horse pasture but if I remember right you have to buy them.

'Butschern', small but visually good Dutch themed map, has a purchasable horse paddock and there is also some free building space available.

Other options, 'Ballyspring' (Irish map), 'Galgenberg 2.0' (Alps), 'Ostseeküste 22' (Baltic map).

For PC this would have been so easy to answer and I would have said Elk Mountain Wyoming right away. :) Hopefully one of the above appeals.
chedly_farms

Post by chedly_farms »

Griffin Indiana map is a good map for horses as there are trails built in, in the woods on the northern part of the map. There is no built in horse pasture/barn as there is on Alma or Ohio Richlands. However the starting farm are and the fenced in area across the road have big enough areas to place a horse pasture. Both of the latter are also highly detailed maps. Griffin also has the collectibles built in where Ohio Richlands and Alma do not.
Currently Playing on XBoxOne : Elm Creek

-----> And "Thank You Modders" for your contributions <----
Siloam

Post by Siloam »

Im a ps4 player myself, i must say i keep coming back to calmsden farm. Nice plays and great horse paddock with riding area
FBtheSQL

Post by FBtheSQL »

Griffin is the best imo
LittleWatt

Post by LittleWatt »

Griffin, Indiana for sure. Huge pasture near the starting farm. Trails built in and plenty of areas to connect together by grinding up a few trees. And massive fields for crops. And a train with a dozen grain cars.
NateS

Post by NateS »

Thank you guys for the suggestions! I am currently exploring some of these maps! Happy farming!
PC & PS4
ltl.vamp

Post by ltl.vamp »

I would highly recommend the map Krumbach. The pasture is a big one in the middle of an amazing and beautiful map to explore.

"This mountainous valley is near the fictional town of Krumbach. The stream of the same name flows through the valley.
In addition to old yards for small equipment, a modern biogas plant with an associated cowshed is also operated.
As a result, there are very small fields but also large fields in the range of 0.5 - 12 ha. A total of approx. 210 ha of land can be cultivated. There are also several forests available.
Independently of the farms, there is a pigsty and a horse pasture."

https://www.farming-simulator.com/mod.p ... _id=276097
Xbox Series X, Xbox Series S, Xbox One X, Xbox One
FS17 Platinum > FS19 Premium > FS15 Complete > FS22
Samsung UE65MU8009TX 4KUHDHDR
Kamiko

Post by Kamiko »

I'm riding bike in Selendra instead :lol:
Ravenport - 152 hours (platinum trophy)
Bajeczna - 17 hours