So many maps no need FS 24 :)

j_maybury

Re: So many maps no need FS 24 :)

Post by j_maybury »

FBtheSQL wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2023 6:43 pm
I have three words for you, after these nine.
Blas phe my
I think you mean syllables. blasphemy is all one word.
And No. the lighting in. FS19 was Terrible beyond belief. The sky looked like it came straight out of a bad version of Minecraft. Or have you forgotten that?
FBtheSQL

Post by FBtheSQL »

j_maybury wrote: Sat Dec 02, 2023 4:22 am
FBtheSQL wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2023 6:43 pm
I have three words for you, after these nine.
Blas phe my
I think you mean syllables. blasphemy is all one word.
And No. the lighting in. FS19 was Terrible beyond belief. The sky looked like it came straight out of a bad version of Minecraft. Or have you forgotten that?
No I meant words, but it was funnier in my head.

I was saying blasphemy about your statement "We have just got the game back to where it was in FS17". IMO fs17 was their best, then 22, then 15.
UncleRico

Post by UncleRico »

FBtheSQL wrote: Sat Dec 02, 2023 1:51 pm

I was saying blasphemy about your statement "We have just got the game back to where it was in FS17". IMO fs17 was their best, then 22, then 15.
I chuckled. But I think there’s many different types of English spoken here from many different regions so sometimes the sarcasm, jokes, compliments, and insults can be hard to understand.
Massey44

Post by Massey44 »

Very little chance of FS24 at this point so most likely FS25. The current engine feels to be reaching its limit and I very much doubt Giants will swap to Unreal because they'd have to pay to license it, have staff members trained to use it and I don't think its that suitable for what they want which is why they made their own engine originally. I think there's a good chance we'll see a Year Three Season Pass.

I'm certainly not in a hurry for a new version of the game. It would need to have deeper farming mechanics to appeal to me. FS22 is fine even though it feels lacking in areas such as seasons and has too many productions which have nothing to do with farming. Right now we have among the many non-farming options, boat building, rollercoaster engineer, factory manager, forklift operator, delivery driver and fireman. Giants just need to add office worker and police officer to call the next game 'Job Simulator'. ;)

The good thing about FS22 is the vast amount of choices in terms of vehicles and equipment. FS17 is still the most immersive for me with mods and FS19 with its apocalyptic bloom lighting is still the most least played version I own.
FBtheSQL

Post by FBtheSQL »

Massey44 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 3:02 pm Very little chance of FS24 at this point so most likely FS25. The current engine feels to be reaching its limit and I very much doubt Giants will swap to Unreal because they'd have to pay to license it, have staff members trained to use it and I don't think its that suitable for what they want which is why they made their own engine originally. I think there's a good chance we'll see a Year Three Season Pass.

I'm certainly not in a hurry for a new version of the game. It would need to have deeper farming mechanics to appeal to me. FS22 is fine even though it feels lacking in areas such as seasons and has too many productions which have nothing to do with farming. Right now we have among the many non-farming options, boat building, rollercoaster engineer, factory manager, forklift operator, delivery driver and fireman. Giants just need to add office worker and police officer to call the next game 'Job Simulator'. ;)

The good thing about FS22 is the vast amount of choices in terms of vehicles and equipment. FS17 is still the most immersive for me with mods and FS19 with its apocalyptic bloom lighting is still the most least played version I own.
Sounds like they've jumped the shark, and it's all down hill from here. Perhaps they'll return to just farming and add more depth to it.
j_maybury

Post by j_maybury »

In my opinion, FS22 is a better game than FS17 due to the improved physics. The equipment no longer jumps up in the air when a forklift is placed under a palate, and the graphics are more natural, without objects sliding off. However, some vehicles still tend to drift once placed down. The season's feature was better in FS17, and some manufacturing facilities are overdone, but others are fine, and farmers can interact with them. On the other hand, building boats and roller coasters seems out of place in a farming game. Overall, the game is good, but it would be great to have someone in charge of the team who can ensure consistency.
Mobias

Post by Mobias »

If Giants stick to the current cycle we'll definitely see FS-25 released next October. Visually the game needs being brought up to date. FS22 isn't awful looking but its very inconsistent. Its much better looking than FS19 but the lighting is still way too harsh and the weather effects are still next to non existent. It says a lot about it that a lot people are evidently using that dynamic sky mod, which is basically putting in the old photo box skies that FS17 had on PC.

I'm guessing we'll finally see some sort of dynamic ground effect too. Thats a long overdue feature.
Urinal2001

Post by Urinal2001 »

I got the joke, dont worry. Partly because i still remember an overheard comment from a chavvy mum in my local shopping centre years ago, directed at her misbehaving kid:

"I got two words for you Brandon... BE!....HAVE!"
FBtheSQL

Post by FBtheSQL »

Urinal2001 wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 11:07 am
I got the joke, dont worry. Partly because i still remember an overheard comment from a chavvy mum in my local shopping centre years ago, directed at her misbehaving kid:

Was that Bidens Mom? :biggrin2:
Urinal2001

Post by Urinal2001 »

FBtheSQL wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 11:47 am
Urinal2001 wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 11:07 am

Was that Bidens Mom? :biggrin2:
Well, no need to make it political, but as an added bonus if you want to make it so, the shopping centre in question IS called The Pentagon. Not even joking.

www.pentagonshoppingcentre.co.uk