Alma

chedly_farms

Re: Alma

Post by chedly_farms »

I seen a facebook post from the map creator saying he accidentally messed up the straw trigger in the cow barn on the last update, and he is submitting the map to fix that issue. It is really high so if you can throw bales up in the air it will work in the mean time.
Currently Playing on XBoxOne : Elm Creek

-----> And "Thank You Modders" for your contributions <----
wheelmansteve

Post by wheelmansteve »

Wondering if the update will restore trees I've removed? (The previous update did...)
Old fat guy with a day job...
Bbigcnote

Post by Bbigcnote »

Does the game automatically load the update or do you havecto go back to modhub and reload it
mydixiewrecked

Post by mydixiewrecked »

I decided I'm not updating the map anymore if it's not fixing something I have an issue with or adding productions. I saw the file size had jumped with the one update. The version I have is gold as far as I need. I couldn't deal with trees respawning lol
Beanbrother

Post by Beanbrother »

wheelmansteve wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 5:56 pm Wondering if the update will restore trees I've removed? (The previous update did...)
Strangest thing that happened to me as well. No other maps that I have played on when an update comes out put all the trees back where they were originally.
dogwalker1

Post by dogwalker1 »

I just took a spin around this map... I think I'm going to have to pack things up on the UK maps I've been playing and move back across the pond! It's rare to find a map that feels this real in both it's scale and detail at the same time. (Most large North American maps just feel large at the expense of realistic detail to me.)

One thing I immediately noticed: those 3 large bins at the 'new farmer' farm seem to be 3 distinct silos, with conveyor augers to load & unload them - does that mean it's a 1-crop at a time limit with each of these? That'd be great. (If not of course I can always just limit myself to using them that way...) It always bugged me with FS that your one (eg) 200,000L silo can actually hold 200,000L of nearly every crop type in the game at the same time.
Miketeg

Post by Miketeg »

wheelmansteve wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 5:56 pm Wondering if the update will restore trees I've removed? (The previous update did...)
Just updated it this morning and no tree came back.
Has been dairy farmer - From Quebec, Canada
French is my first language, please excuse my English :-)
wheelmansteve

Post by wheelmansteve »

Good to hear. I had one reappear in the middle of a pig barn. It was tricky to remove...
CowsGoMoo

Post by CowsGoMoo »

dogwalker1 wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 4:40 am It always bugged me with FS that your one (eg) 200,000L silo can actually hold 200,000L of nearly every crop type in the game at the same time.
have you been playing the same game? they changed this for 22, even the animal food have a capacity limit. Pigs will eat anything but they also complain when you only give them one thing.
Let's get some cows!
FS17 a few hundred hours on pc, 920 ps4
FS19 2660 hrs ps4/ps5
FS 22 [ps5] 1070 hrs [pc] 60 hrs
wheelmansteve

Post by wheelmansteve »

I have one other odd issue here- I just planted corn for the first time on this map, and after the first growth cycle, weeds appeared, and I sprayed them, then fertilized as usual, but the next month I have both weeds and random grass appearing in all four fields with corn growing. The field info and map data don't show weeds, but they are visible. Any insight from the room?
chedly_farms

Post by chedly_farms »

Question, At the moment, I have 350 19 month old holstiens in the barn. I have 14,000 liters of hay and 1000 l of grass ( i was getting rid of grass bales), since the update and I have added straw, their productivity has been dropping rapidly. I'm now down to 7% productivity (dropping 5 per hour) and their health is 0%. Is it because of the grass? I'm waiting for all the food to be eaten then I am planning on giving them TMR, I was just curious as to anyone else having issues with the cows. Thanks in advance.

mydixiewrecked

Post by mydixiewrecked »

wheelmansteve wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 4:21 pm I have one other odd issue here- I just planted corn for the first time on this map, and after the first growth cycle, weeds appeared, and I sprayed them, then fertilized as usual, but the next month I have both weeds and random grass appearing in all four fields with corn growing. The field info and map data don't show weeds, but they are visible. Any insight from the room?
Did you check the map tab to verify they are weeds? Celobuki used a custom corn texture that has lots of undergrowth. After chopping there's alot of weeds. When harvesting there's weeds with a corn fodder texture. One thing I like is the corn stalks smash down when you run over them after harvest
mydixiewrecked

Post by mydixiewrecked »

chedly_farms wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 9:29 pm Question, At the moment, I have 350 19 month old holstiens in the barn. I have 14,000 liters of hay and 1000 l of grass ( i was getting rid of grass bales), since the update and I have added straw, their productivity has been dropping rapidly. I'm now down to 7% productivity (dropping 5 per hour) and their health is 0%. Is it because of the grass? I'm waiting for all the food to be eaten then I am planning on giving them TMR, I was just curious as to anyone else having issues with the cows. Thanks in advance.
I know that tmr and hay works fine with the white bank barn on Alma. So it's definitely either the grass or barn mechanics causing your issues.
chedly_farms

Post by chedly_farms »

I cycled out all of my hay and grass, and put in TMR and everything is working as it should. It must have been the grass.

wheelmansteve

Post by wheelmansteve »

mydixiewrecked wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 2:12 am
Did you check the map tab to verify they are weeds? Celobuki used a custom corn texture that has lots of undergrowth. After chopping there's alot of weeds. When harvesting there's weeds with a corn fodder texture. One thing I like is the corn stalks smash down when you run over them after harvest
I was actually wondering if that was case- there's no indication of weeds on any of the maps, and this is the first time I've put corn in on this map. I actually like the look of it. Thanks!