Potatoes "broken" ?

mydixiewrecked

Re: Potatoes "broken" ?

Post by mydixiewrecked »

Guil wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2023 3:31 amYes Jessi is
I read it as a list....diabetics, people with pancreas problems. Diabetics aren't the only ones with pancreas problems.
PrincessJessi84

Post by PrincessJessi84 »

The answer isn't really that simple. I have chronic necrotizing pancreatitus (sp). A handful of years ago I started getting really sick with no reason. No history of Alcohol abuse, major illness, weight problems and so on. It ended up pretty well putting me on "bed rest" until my body gave out. Turns out my pancreas couldn't release the enzymes that digest food so it digested itself in half ending up with me in the ICU in full organ failure. Unfortunately once the process starts, it never stops. But I have an amazing GI who was able to Macgyver the 2 halves of my pancreas back together instead of removing half or all of it so I regained most of the functionality. I am able to digest most things well enough but I have to mostly stay away from anything gammey, fattey or anything that breaks down into sugar. My body mostly acts like pre diabetic as long as I treat it right but if I just start eating whatever or if my pancreas becomes unhappy (random bouts with pancreatitus are just a fact of life for me now) everything goes to pots. The best we can figure, with no history of the usual causes, is aside from some pre existing GI problems, in the years prior to getting sick, I suffered from fatigue a lot and in the lines of work I do.. did, you need to be sharp. So I started on those energy drinks and maaaaaaay have went overboard for a few years.
https://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/
PC
PC - Ryzen 7-2700 8core, 32gb ram, 2x2tb SSD, RTX 2080 SUPER 8gb, GX-850 Gold PSU
Displays - ASUS ROG Strix XG43VQ 43” Super Ultra-Wide Curved HDR Gaming Monitor 120Hz (3840 x 1200)
Samsung CFG70 27" Curved gaming Monitor 144HZ (1920 x 1080)
2x 24" Dell Monitors
Controllers - T150 Pro, Side Panel, TrackIR7, TM Stick
mydixiewrecked

Post by mydixiewrecked »

Ah ic. Was just curious because I was confused when it came to the diabetics being thrown into the mix. My dad's type 2 as was his mom and my aunt. I have a niece and nephew, brother and sister, that have type 1. I know they eat potatoes is why I had questions. Hopefully all keeps going well for you and your situation going forward.
PrincessJessi84

Post by PrincessJessi84 »

No I get it. And everyone responds differently to different things. I know that because of the cause, mine isn't as straightforward as a lot of diabetics might be but way better than some diabetics I have met. While every day is a struggle, I am doing ok. It was hard at first because everything changed virtually overnight. All of a sudden I can't lift more than 10 pounds, ate like a bird and constantly feel like I have the flu. But things really are going well. I have even been able to enjoy my wheel and stuff this year with no major issues because of it so that is REALLY exciting (I got it not too long before the height of my illness and its still technically being broken in now) and because of heavy equipment simulators like this and others like CMS, I don't have to fully give up the things I enjoy, I just don't get paid now :)
https://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/
PC
PC - Ryzen 7-2700 8core, 32gb ram, 2x2tb SSD, RTX 2080 SUPER 8gb, GX-850 Gold PSU
Displays - ASUS ROG Strix XG43VQ 43” Super Ultra-Wide Curved HDR Gaming Monitor 120Hz (3840 x 1200)
Samsung CFG70 27" Curved gaming Monitor 144HZ (1920 x 1080)
2x 24" Dell Monitors
Controllers - T150 Pro, Side Panel, TrackIR7, TM Stick
Helazak

Post by Helazak »

My basic play style is.
  • Start with a money crop. (silage or trees)
  • Stockpile cash.
  • Buy new equipment to expand to a new crop.
  • Rinse and repeat

I harvest with a base game Grimme Ventor 4150 which run $599k each. It does hold quite a bit, but it fills up fast and you still need a good sized trailer to unload it, and shuttle between the field and the silo constantly.
I plant with a base game Grimme GL 860 Compacta which runs $130k and requires a 170hp tractor to pull it which will run about $100k.

If you are on normal economy Driver53 does a video on profit per crop
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OdeCsUIXJcc
Which gives $22k per hectare on averge for potatoes. (which is one of the better returns per hectare)
Which boils down to about 33 hectares before I pay for the two Grimme machines.

So, why do I buy these expensive machines? Because they work well with Courseplay and I can set them and forget them and go do other things. I play the farm manager style and am often running 11 different helpers while I am doing something by hand.
FS22 on PC, FS14, FS16, FS20 on iPhone Not a gamer. Most gamer jargon goes over my head.
Started playing for the education about farming.

Amateur (noob) Farmer 5 mostly forested acres
Tractor: Kubota M4900 (54HP), w/ Loader bucket and forks
Attachments: log splitter, Chipper/shredder, finish mower, scrape blade, rock rake, double moldboard plow, rototiller, Garden Bedder