Candyman35

Contracts

Post by Candyman35 »

What contract brings in the most money?
MK_McD

Re: Contracts

Post by MK_McD »

Most people will say fertilizer.
I say you can make a good chunk of money by using one of the contract mods and doing as many contracts as you can.
If you don't have the equipment, borrow it and If there are multiple of the same type of contract, don't collect on it and use the borrowed equipment on the other similar contracts. Make sure to borrow the equipment on the biggest contract.

And no matter how good that $100,000 potato contract looks, DON'T DO IT!
Bobbi-79

Post by Bobbi-79 »

Why not? If he likes long hours of work...
At Iowa Plains View I had to harvest almost 30 ha of potatoes from two fields, both of which I took with equipment. First, I worked on both fields, and after collecting potatoes from the smaller field, both combines worked on the larger one. I earned over €150,000 and over 230,000 liters of potatoes. It took me less than 5 real hours.
It all depends on what you like 😉
PrincessJessi84

Post by PrincessJessi84 »

I love working some potatoes but yea, the root crops and cane should come with a disclaimer in the contracts page for those who are looking for a quick buck. Its NOT quick lol.
https://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/
PC
PC - Ryzen 7-2700 8core, 32gb ram, 2x2tb SSD, RTX 2080 SUPER 8gb, GX-850 Gold PSU
Displays - ASUS ROG Strix XG43VQ 43” Super Ultra-Wide Curved HDR Gaming Monitor 120Hz (3840 x 1200)
Samsung CFG70 27" Curved gaming Monitor 144HZ (1920 x 1080)
2x 24" Dell Monitors
Controllers - T150 Pro, Side Panel, TrackIR7, TM Stick
UncleRico

Post by UncleRico »

Root crops would be fine if they added windrowers and harvesters bigger than nearly the smallest made.
wheelmansteve

Post by wheelmansteve »

I find baling contracts pay well, but I use the swather mod and my own baler to cut down on the number of passes. (Hay or grass cut and swathed in one pass, regular-speed quick-bale mod to bale and wrap in the second, then the PGRAT trailer for pickup.) Root crop work is tedious but does pay well.
Old fat guy with a day job...
Gugernoot215

Post by Gugernoot215 »

I'm starting to think that harvest contracts pay based on the time to complete so root crops pay more than double due to the smaller harvesters and carting time. Also the total amount is depending on the crop is up to double of the stated payment if you aren't keeping some of the harvest. I Can't speak for field prep contracts, I haven't done many and I haven't taken note.
Running on 2 year old new old hardware that used to crash often.
Image server (upload your images here): https://image.giants-software.com/