Terrain Editor Camera

M4DV1LLIN

Terrain Editor Camera

Post by M4DV1LLIN »

Am I the only one that doesn't like the terrain editor camera? I don't understand why when you zoom out, the camera goes into like a birds eye mode. It's really noticeable when you try to place bigger buildings. I feel like the zoom should just move horizontally and you control the vertical movement with the stick.
Urinal2001

Re: Terrain Editor Camera

Post by Urinal2001 »

Yeah, it drives me crazy too. Also turning the camera has a tendency to move the building at the same time. If for example I'm trying to align a new building with a road and another building, I'll be facing it to get it perfect against the road, then turn to square it up to the building, and all of a sudden it's miles out of whack to the road.

I also much preferred the old terrain painting style....the paintbrush snapped to the next square, and it had defined edges so you knew where you were painting. Now the edges fade out vaguely, and they can move off the line you want.
SimulatedFarmer

Post by SimulatedFarmer »

I agree…on all points.
wheelmansteve

Post by wheelmansteve »

There is so much wrong with the terrain editor in 22, and I agree with you completely on this one.
Old fat guy with a day job...
mikejl46

Post by mikejl46 »

I agree, bad camera for terrain editor. For doing work with forest trees, can't get above the trees. How about a camera like in Giants editor, so you can move around and see what the heck you are doing. Can't be that hard, can it?
mikejl46

Post by mikejl46 »

Just found this, Perfect for me for the placement of trees.

https://thundrfs.itch.io/fs22-camera-settings