My wishlist for the next FS....( On console )

mydixiewrecked

Re: My wishlist for the next FS....( On console )

Post by mydixiewrecked »

UncleRico wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2024 5:48 am
It’s a shame the release went the way it did with shortages during Covid. Otherwise I think we’d be a lot further ahead in game quality in general.

Spot on. I've always preferred consoles for gaming. I seem to remember being sold PS3 was to be a 10 year life and it was about 7 when the 4 dropped. Same from 4 to 5. 5 is almost 4 years old. Rockstars trying to double dip if they drop GTA on the ps5. They got me for a copy of the game on 2 systems already lol. I'll be curious to see what changes with Farming solely on the next gen units. I really wanna go the PC route, but it's way outside of my comfort zone. I'm a carburetor guy for God's sake. I see phantom digital gremlins every time I think about PCs lol. 1st world problems....amirite?
ASOLANDRI

Post by ASOLANDRI »

Decriptus wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 12:28 pm I would like to see fs19 animals system come back
The seasons 19 animal system? I would love to see it come back.
Greetings, from Central Texas! :hi:

Back to the digital farm with the new 65" TCL 4K HDR TV. PS5 *thumbsup*

Map/Playtime:
Griffin, Indiana 22: 103 Hours
Edgewater, SK: 79 Hours
Ohio Richlands: 78 Hours
Alma, Missouri: 50 Hours
Elmcreek: 32 Hours
Big Flats, Texas: 20 Hours
Guil

Post by Guil »

FBtheSQL wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2024 10:52 pm If they claim to support previous gen consoles I believe it would just be an excuse, and it would be a clue their engine cannot be pushed/upgraded any further.
I hope they move forward and polish the game as everyone hopes.
It will be more about sales than limited engine. I'd imagine there is still a lot of players on old gen consoles so that would be a huge revenue loss
Beanbrother

Post by Beanbrother »

Guil wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2024 12:25 pm
FBtheSQL wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2024 10:52 pm If they claim to support previous gen consoles I believe it would just be an excuse, and it would be a clue their engine cannot be pushed/upgraded any further.
I hope they move forward and polish the game as everyone hopes.
It will be more about sales than limited engine. I'd imagine there is still a lot of players on old gen consoles so that would be a huge revenue loss
I get what you’re saying that the dollar at the end of the day drive the company. Unfortunately I see that as not at forward but not a step backwards.
Sometimes standing still is t great either. Would be tough to see the game limited, due to the old gen machines. On top of that having to wait another 2/3 years till to fully commit to the next gen.
SimulatedFarmer

Post by SimulatedFarmer »

Flying over for console…it really would be useful, I think.
CiaFromTheAlps

Post by CiaFromTheAlps »

Some good ideas here and there. First of all: no the same bugs as in FS22 and won't fix! .. wrong field texture, bales in the shop etc. That would show up like copy/paste and ka-ching (50$) ! First of all.. much better AI: Follow Me, Drive beside, bale&collect. Then console players can enjoy forage and vegetable harvesters and switch jobs while AI is baling or collecting straw (=more gameplay). Even the first 2 for starters. AI could also drive "O" instead of back and forth "I", but that comes almost itself, if workers are educated enough.
When we are talking about next gen - what could give more than ps4 or xbox equivalent ? 4K resolution or graphic things is not enough, if none of above is not going to happen. But add.. reflective beacon, hazards and 4X maps, high limits of bales and pallets (1000?), that would give something new and more to "old console" players.

Other things: Seasons with germination failure and moisture (on/off), more realistic animals (cleaning, watering, new borns..) (+on/off). These two could give more realistic and immersion of farming to players who like it and "players with fast money harvest/sell soybeans" could turn them off.

More than just features.. before creating them fully, Giants should think like players. We have seen fancy screenshot of a tractor and one pallet (Giants), but how the players see those: hundreds of pallets and bales (many screenshots of That ain't going nowhere). Just hundreds repetitive things turns into chore pretty fast and maybe was one of the reasons for example, animal cleaning was removed (scoop the grass away).
And how about more economic stuff to "production farmers" ? Than just pallets spawning.. Yes - keep the pallets inside (no automatic spawn if not wanted), and player come to fetch those and ask for spawn or something. Helps keeping the game load in sustainable level.

Basics are maybe there, but let the imagination fly a little more. New crops (?) but with something to do with them than just sell. Fancy equipment ? Productions ? Just to mention few examples.. peas, onions, alfalfa, coffee, poppy. Oh yes, one annoying thing: remove limits! If the tractor is going to hit 80 km/h downhill with 3 trailers(train) heavy load, let it go! Do not limit because of rpm "can't" go more. It can and will 😀.

What do you think? These should be quite easy to implement without extra large scripts and what is required is programmed inside the game and Sony/MS are happy. Also any of these would not require or turn the game to Snow Runner.
NewHollandLegend

Post by NewHollandLegend »

Tommy93 wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 2:43 pm
NewHollandLegend wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 2:13 pm Taking animals to a slaughterhouse and also distributing a product and even making it yourself and selling it is very much part of farming. Not sure how it’s so hard for some people to understand that 🤦🏻‍♂️
I dont know why it's that so hard for some people to understand that Giants can't do slaughterhouses because of their PEGI rating of/to the game...🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️ I believe they got a PEGI 3 rating, meaning anyone from the age of 3 is allowed to play this game. I believe with slaughterhouses they need to increase their PEGI rating to PEGI16, something they don't want because then they will sell less games because of the age restriction. It's been explained multiple times on this forum already.
They can easily change the rating of the game. Most kids play COD which is rated M, so what’s your point?
PrincessJessi84

Post by PrincessJessi84 »

No actually in Europe, kids and even lots of adults tend to want to play games like this. It is mostly places like here in the states that our kids are murdus little shits who focus on cod and the like until they go put their weirdo fantasies into rl practice at some unsuspecting school(there are numerous studies supporting the game preference thing. I am not going to cite it as I don't really care, if you don't believe me, some quick internet searches will provide proof). Leave them and their non trigger happy rating alone.
https://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/
PC
PC - Ryzen 7-2700 8core, 32gb ram, 2x2tb SSD, RTX 2080 SUPER 8gb, GX-850 Gold PSU
Displays - ASUS ROG Strix XG43VQ 43” Super Ultra-Wide Curved HDR Gaming Monitor 120Hz (3840 x 1200)
Samsung CFG70 27" Curved gaming Monitor 144HZ (1920 x 1080)
2x 24" Dell Monitors
Controllers - T150 Pro, Side Panel, TrackIR7, TM Stick
FBtheSQL

Post by FBtheSQL »

A quick internet search will show that zero of the top 5 video game sales in Europe during 2023 were PEGI 3.

Giants has their own reasons to keep the rating as low as possible, and it is most likely due to availability to a wider audience, and possibly to keep PETA from NOT minding their own business.
mydixiewrecked

Post by mydixiewrecked »

PrincessJessi84 wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2024 10:21 pm No actually in Europe, kids and even lots of adults tend to want to play games like this. It is mostly places like here in the states that our kids are murdus little shits who focus on cod and the like until they go put their weirdo fantasies into rl practice at some unsuspecting school(there are numerous studies supporting the game preference thing. I am not going to cite it as I don't really care, if you don't believe me, some quick internet searches will provide proof). Leave them and their non trigger happy rating alone.
How many friends do you need to help you hold that large brush you just painted with?
UncleRico

Post by UncleRico »

PrincessJessi84 wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2024 10:21 pm No actually in Europe, kids and even lots of adults tend to want to play games like this. It is mostly places like here in the states that our kids are murdus little shits who focus on cod and the like until they go put their weirdo fantasies into rl practice at some unsuspecting school(there are numerous studies supporting the game preference thing. I am not going to cite it as I don't really care, if you don't believe me, some quick internet searches will provide proof). Leave them and their non trigger happy rating alone.
Nice try, with companies like cd projekt red and Ubisoft being European they like their violence too. I’m not sure what you’re referencing as far as studies but if you’re talking violent games making people violent it’s simply not true. Studies show they don’t cause any more aggressive behavior than playing football (either version). If you’re referring to the most popular games from what I found in 2023 was fifa, Fortnite, and call of duty. I’m guessing you’re not citing your references because they don’t exist. I would also tend to question the popularity of this game in one place vs the other purely on giants adding of a US style map in every version since 15. I can agree that generally speaking simulation games tend to be much more popular in Europe and indie games in general for that matter seem to do better getting their footing and becoming popular in Europe before making the jump to the US. But I think you’re misrepresenting the facts and either deliberately or non deliberately twisting more popular and most popular which is a big distinction. As to the other stuff, crappy parents make crappy kids bottom line. There’s no two ways around it. If you want to find a good thing to blame todays current children’s behavior on look in the mirror and point squarely at yourself. We as a society (depending on your age) all play or played a role. Kids have it difficult now and we refuse to accept it. They have the entire world at their fingertips and we criticize them for it making their life so easy. When in reality we’ve created an environment where they have to perform constantly in front of their peers with every action having the ability to be critiqued by the world and at the least by all their peers. We're not equipped with the skills to teach them how to sort these problems because we don’t understand them and for the most part are completely unwilling to even take them seriously. Then when they break we send them to a shrink who for a couple hundred an hour will talk to them for us so we don’t have to do the hard part. Then if all that fails drug them into gray boring compliance. And after all that when something terrible finally happens after we’ve neglected being real parents for years, we blame everyone but ourselves because the scariest thing to admit is I might be the problem.

Got a little ranty there sorry
mydixiewrecked

Post by mydixiewrecked »

^^^
The parents point is spot on .I had to stop where I did.....
Feirmeoir Eireannach

Post by Feirmeoir Eireannach »

That's complete and utter nonsense. Farming simulator is no where near as popular as cod or whatever other shooting games there is over here, since I started playing fs almost 9 years ago I've only come across 2 people I know that also play FS but at the same time I could fill a book with the names of people that play these shooting games.
Urinal2001

Post by Urinal2001 »

I think the original point being made was essentially that kids will play a game they want to play, regardless of the age rating. COD being popular with younger players, despite being rated M, was just used as the example. I think thats fair.

As to the claim that the American kids who raid their uncles personal armory and shoot up a school being related to their choice of games.... Theres a whole lot being ignored. I think its largely correct to say that kids who have an interest in guns will play games like COD, and i also think its largely correct to say that kids who shoot up a school have an interest in guns. They ARE linked, but not in a 'shooting games cause gun violence' type of way. Just because there is a substantial cross over between those two demographics (also that, lets be honest here, who HASNT played a COD game at some point? Its like saying all school shooters have drank water at some point, ergo, water intake cause gun violence)
FBtheSQL

Post by FBtheSQL »

Being bullied, teased and ignored is more likely to trigger somebody more often than a game's genre.
Just my opinion.