Help With Logisitcs

jasonbarron

Help With Logisitcs

Post by jasonbarron »

Hi all. I need some advice from more experienced players/farmers.

I'm on New Farmer mode, very limited budget, Precision Farming & Seasons enabled.

I bought a direct drill seeder that dispenses seed as well as solid fertilizer, what is the optimal way to get seed/fertilizer to it when it runs out in the field? I hate the idea of folding it up and driving it into town halfway through a job.

Does plowing work the same way in PF as it does without PF enabled in that if I plow I won't have to weed? If yes, is there a downside to plowing my fields every year given that I also plan to mulch and could do both at the same time anyway? Does plowing before every crop hurt my environmental score?

Thanks in advance for any advice.
Gugernoot215

Re: Help With Logisitcs

Post by Gugernoot215 »

There is a truck with a crane on the mod hub it can be used to deliver seed and fertilizer. https://www.farming-simulator.com/mod.p ... tle=fs2022
Otherwise in the auger wagons there are seed and fertilizer tenders to move bulk seed and fertilizer to implements.
Running on 2 year old new old hardware that used to crash often.
Image server (upload your images here): https://image.giants-software.com/
UncleRico

Post by UncleRico »

Or get a pickup or pickup annd small trailer and put a seed and fert pallet in the box or on the trailer. That would be the most real way if your small farming otherwise I’d go for the tender. I’d also recommend getting a telehandler and leaving it at the store as that’s pretty realistic as well and then you can load anything you may need throughout your play through.
Motologist

Post by Motologist »

Here's a gravity wagon with a built in auger that's great for hauling seed and fertilizer:
Lizard Tolva Pack
You can hitch two together to haul seed and fertilizer at the same time

Here's a european option that can do the same:
Lizard P93S Pack

When your budgetary constraints ease there's a seed and fertilizer tender semitrailer in the base game or this auger wagon that can carry seed and fertilizer at the same time.

As for plowing with PF, it hurts your environmental score if you don't direct seed or disk the ground after you plow. Full tillage points after plowing are earned in one of two ways:
Plowing -> Direct drilling/planting = max points
Plowing -> Disking (with a disk harrow)) -> Drilling/planting = max points

I confirmed no weeds will grow if you plow before planting. Weeding, or spot spraying ideally, will raise your PF score. Even if no weeds grow because you plowed, your score is still dinged for not performing any weed control.
jasonbarron

Post by jasonbarron »

Thanks for all tha advice and guidance, everyone. I really appreciate it!