Fs22- fs25 some things would like to get opinions on

Thecrakkin95

Fs22- fs25 some things would like to get opinions on

Post by Thecrakkin95 »

G'day fellow fs enthusiasts, I live in Australia 🇦🇺 and have noticed for the last few yrs that Fs has been predominantly focused around the American and European agricultural backgrounds,
I'm born and bred Western Australian farm kid grew up on dairy farm worked on northern cattle stations and currently I'm the all rounder on a farm in the Greater Southern region of WA,
I would like to know when we will see an Australian based map with Australian made machinery especially focusing on the western Australian farming as diverse as it is,
Also would like to see the introduction of Gypsum spreading to go along with Lime,
Currently in the process of spreading Gypsum on heavy clay areas, currently using an Australian made Marshall Multi Spread spreader being pulled by the well know New Holland T9 -670 on duals used to have triples .
Would also like to see more Australian based/marketed vehicles like cars and especially trucks,

Would like to see if there is any support behind my ideas or if there is actually something that can be done to make this happen.
Love the game will especially looking forward to the new game
eric21

Re: Fs22- fs25 some things would like to get opinions on

Post by eric21 »

There's one Australian map on modhub and few ingame Australian brands too
FenlandFarmer

Post by FenlandFarmer »

eric21 wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2024 12:26 pm There's one Australian map on modhub and few ingame Australian brands too
two maps yarra valley and western australia but its not a lot i agree

id love to see more soil management in the game too
Noraf

Post by Noraf »

Probably not before the basegame have gotten a uk map....
:hi:

FS22 Bug-tracker
How to post your log
Giants Discord
Posting pictures How-to

Just remember, if the world didn't su.., we'd all fall of...
Bobbi-79

Post by Bobbi-79 »

In my opinion, a map of Australia with large fields and open areas will appear in the base game sooner than a map of the UK with small fields surrounded by hedges and walls.
Unless there is a revolution with AI workers...
mydixiewrecked

Post by mydixiewrecked »

No offense to anyone from any specific part of the world, but I am not interested in stuff I don't see in North America. I don't have some burning desire to farm like people farm on different continents. If Giants does, fine, I'll just wait until mods make it worth me buying. But as for a vote, I'm a no. Sorry
UncleRico

Post by UncleRico »

Sometimes I wonder if it’s time for three or four maps instead of the standard two. They should also push more into different placards, wheel styles, and other differences in equipment from place to place. Especially in overlapping equipment.
mydixiewrecked

Post by mydixiewrecked »

FBtheSQL

Post by FBtheSQL »

Most people are likely to vote for maps and equipment from their region. I'm in North America, so that is what I'd vote for.
If you haven't been watching the Modhub, you should defiantly do that.

I like UncleRico's suggestion of more base game maps at release.
blue_painted

Post by blue_painted »

Bobbi-79 wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2024 10:05 pm In my opinion, a map of Australia with large fields and open areas will appear in the base game sooner than a map of the UK with small fields surrounded by hedges and walls.
Unless there is a revolution with AI workers...
If GIANTS do try to make a UK map they'll get it wrong - ugly square fields, super-saturated colours, incorrect terminology, all too shiny and clean ...
Playing new "Beest" Intel i7-11700F with GeForce GTX 3060 and XBOX controller
also £600 laptop - AMD Ryzen 5600H with GeForce GTX 3050 XBOX controller

Dairydeere's A Guide to Finding Farming Simulator Mods - Please give this a read and help spread awareness for respectful mod downloads
eric21

Post by eric21 »

mydixiewrecked wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2024 10:40 pm No offense to anyone from any specific part of the world, but I am not interested in stuff I don't see in North America. I don't have some burning desire to farm like people farm on different continents. If Giants does, fine, I'll just wait until mods make it worth me buying. But as for a vote, I'm a no. Sorry
Australian farming isn't that different from the US
jasonbarron

Post by jasonbarron »

I'd be tickled pink to buy a dlc expansion that focused on the Australian scene. What the OP describes sounds fascinating to me.
mydixiewrecked

Post by mydixiewrecked »

eric21 wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2024 2:34 pm

Australian farming isn't that different from the US
The map's I've seen are different enough it doesn't interest me. Equipment probably very similar and wouldn't matter. I'm kind of over worrying about having future games at launch so either way I'll do like I am now and rely on the modding community. I literally use nothing that came on the disc (Equipment or maps) If anything , a change away from what I prefer only hinders when I buy the new game.
FenlandFarmer

Post by FenlandFarmer »

mydixiewrecked wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2024 10:40 pm No offense to anyone from any specific part of the world, but I am not interested in stuff I don't see in North America. I don't have some burning desire to farm like people farm on different continents. If Giants does, fine, I'll just wait until mods make it worth me buying. But as for a vote, I'm a no. Sorry
seems to me that you and me are opposites . i see a load of AMerican stuff in mods dlc base game or whatever and then i sigh and move on looking for something UK :mrgreen:
mydixiewrecked

Post by mydixiewrecked »

FenlandFarmer wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2024 3:54 pm

seems to me that you and me are opposites . i see a load of AMerican stuff in mods dlc base game or whatever and then i sigh and move on looking for something UK :mrgreen:
I don't keep track enough to know whose making out style wise. 19 and 22 are way better for my style than 17 was when I got in. If it's a saturation of mods one way or the other it's hard to push a change when people are making mods for us free. I dont think this game will ever be one that everyone will agree or be content for how they farm.