Cannot Join Multiplayer

DirectCedar

Re: Cannot Join Multiplayer

Post by DirectCedar »

Guil wrote: ↑Sat Jan 27, 2024 6:41 pm
Have you tried Discord? This forum has always been terrible to get help direct from Giants
Isn't Discord also essentially just an ephemeral chatting application? Seems like a sub-optimal means to share and record technical information and resolve a technical issue that many users are seeking answers about.
Guil

Post by Guil »

Yep but it is far more active than here and Marcel will most likely help there too
Noraf

Post by Noraf »

It's also much easier to help someone "live" over on discord.

We are a lot of talented, and helpful folks residing there. (Been a while since I saw you last Guil, just saying 🀣 )
:hi:

FS22 Bug-tracker
How to post your log
Giants Discord
Posting pictures How-to

Just remember, if the world didn't su.., we'd all fall of...
Guil

Post by Guil »

Noraf wrote: ↑Mon Jan 29, 2024 7:28 pm It's also much easier to help someone "live" over on discord.

We are a lot of talented, and helpful folks residing there. (Been a while since I saw you last Guil, just saying 🀣 )
No comment :lol: :blushnew:
DirectCedar

Post by DirectCedar »

Noraf wrote: ↑Mon Jan 29, 2024 7:28 pm It's also much easier to help someone "live" over on discord.

The talented and helpful part I don't doubt at all. I've met many talented and helpful people on this forum over the years too, and I imagine many of those same people are on discord.

The medium just seems like such a strange dumping ground of mashed-up information and conversation all in such a fleeting format. How do you search for something already discussed on a specific topic? If you ask about something and the five people who know the answer don't happen to be on when your line in the chat flashes across the page, how do those people ever see your question or how do you ever find out that those people are the experts you need to ask?

I'm obviously just an old guy used to forums as a medium for sharing knowledge, which are pretty organized and permanent and in my opinion work pretty well.

The part that actually rankles me is not the forum-vs-discord question, but that Giants seems to mostly ignore their own tech support email address and their own bugtracker, which is a separate issue from whether they engage on their forum or their discord.

There's my rant for this morning :lol:
Guil

Post by Guil »

DirectCedar wrote: ↑Mon Jan 29, 2024 8:26 pm

The talented and helpful part I don't doubt at all. I've met many talented and helpful people on this forum over the years too, and I imagine many of those same people are on discord.

The medium just seems like such a strange dumping ground of mashed-up information and conversation all in such a fleeting format. How do you search for something already discussed on a specific topic? If you ask about something and the five people who know the answer don't happen to be on when your line in the chat flashes across the page, how do those people ever see your question or how do you ever find out that those people are the experts you need to ask?

I'm obviously just an old guy used to forums as a medium for sharing knowledge, which are pretty organized and permanent and in my opinion work pretty well.

The part that actually rankles me is not the forum-vs-discord question, but that Giants seems to mostly ignore their own tech support email address and their own bugtracker, which is a separate issue from whether they engage on their forum or their discord.

There's my rant for this morning :lol:
Believe me, here is your brother haha. It takes a bit of getting used to but grand when you finally do
DirectCedar

Post by DirectCedar »

UpsetFarmer97 wrote: ↑Sun Dec 03, 2023 7:02 am
This error is devastating, as I have 281 hours in this game and never had had this issue, and love this game for chill game night. It seems many MANY people keep having the same issue and no one has a solution, so I am coming here to see if I can get any input.
Did you ever find any resolution to this problem? Did you open a tech support ticket with Giants?
DirectCedar

Post by DirectCedar »

Interacti0n wrote: ↑Sun Jan 14, 2024 5:30 pm Same problem here, worked normaly for months and few days ago this error occured and no action from my side seems to be working... Also recieved no answer for my ticket :sadnew:
Please let me play :frown:
Interacti0n, did you ever find a resolution to this issue? Have you opened a tech support ticket with Giants? Have they ever responded?
Guil

Post by Guil »

DirectCedar wrote: ↑Wed Feb 07, 2024 4:54 pm
Interacti0n wrote: ↑Sun Jan 14, 2024 5:30 pm Same problem here, worked normaly for months and few days ago this error occured and no action from my side seems to be working... Also recieved no answer for my ticket :sadnew:
Please let me play :frown:
Interacti0n, did you ever find a resolution to this issue? Have you opened a tech support ticket with Giants? Have they ever responded?
Hey, this post may be of help, the part about creating the outbound rule
viewtopic.php?p=1560533#p1560533
DirectCedar

Post by DirectCedar »

Guil wrote: ↑Thu Apr 04, 2024 1:04 pm
Thank you so much Guil for notifying me about this. Ironically enough, the reason our one multiplayer group switched over to 19 in the first place, is because we had this exact connection issue with 17 on a 12th gen i5 machine (which had been purchased new specifically to play Farming Simulator 17 :sadnew: ) and we could no longer play 17 together. I tried for months and months asking everyone at Giants who I could find a way to contact, about a solution to this problem with 17, and they all ghosted me. It was a delightful experience that really gave me a good impression how much Giants appreciates their most dedicated fans and supporters.

So we bought several new copies of 19 and switched over and started again. This worked for a while, until last December when 19 multiplayer blew the mission and Giants' totally awesome support has been as pathetically non-existent as always. That process has been another delightful experience of Giants demonstrating how much they appreciate their biggest fans and supporters. After that we've purchased several new copies of 22 to switch over once again, but now one of the other computers in our group is bottlenecked by RAM and won't run 22. I think we've purchased thirteen copies of this game trying to keep our multiplayer group functioning.

If this fix for the 17 problem works, we will finally be off to the races again with our original farm. I'm on the edge of my seat waiting to try it. I'll post back here if it works. I'm going to try the same fix on my machine and see if there is any chance it resolves the problem with 19.

There are some outstandingly technical and helpful people in the farming simulator player community, and developing and sharing solutions like this is such a generous thing that can potentially alleviate so much frustration with the game experienced by so many other players.
Guil

Post by Guil »

DirectCedar wrote: ↑Thu Apr 04, 2024 6:54 pm
Guil wrote: ↑Thu Apr 04, 2024 1:04 pm
Thank you so much Guil for notifying me about this. Ironically enough, the reason our one multiplayer group switched over to 19 in the first place, is because we had this exact connection issue with 17 on a 12th gen i5 machine (which had been purchased new specifically to play Farming Simulator 17 :sadnew: ) and we could no longer play 17 together. I tried for months and months asking everyone at Giants who I could find a way to contact, about a solution to this problem with 17, and they all ghosted me. It was a delightful experience that really gave me a good impression how much Giants appreciates their most dedicated fans and supporters.

So we bought several new copies of 19 and switched over and started again. This worked for a while, until last December when 19 multiplayer blew the mission and Giants' totally awesome support has been as pathetically non-existent as always. That process has been another delightful experience of Giants demonstrating how much they appreciate their biggest fans and supporters. After that we've purchased several new copies of 22 to switch over once again, but now one of the other computers in our group is bottlenecked by RAM and won't run 22. I think we've purchased thirteen copies of this game trying to keep our multiplayer group functioning.

If this fix for the 17 problem works, we will finally be off to the races again with our original farm. I'm on the edge of my seat waiting to try it. I'll post back here if it works. I'm going to try the same fix on my machine and see if there is any chance it resolves the problem with 19.

There are some outstandingly technical and helpful people in the farming simulator player community, and developing and sharing solutions like this is such a generous thing that can potentially alleviate so much frustration with the game experienced by so many other players.
I really hope it helps. There is nothing as bad as a dead end with something you enjoy so much.
If any of ye fancy a huge mp community with over 150 servers across FS19 and 22 then send me a DM and I'll give you some info
DirectCedar

Post by DirectCedar »

Guil wrote: ↑Fri Apr 05, 2024 5:50 pm
I really hope it helps. There is nothing as bad as a dead end with something you enjoy so much.
If any of ye fancy a huge mp community with over 150 servers across FS19 and 22 then send me a DM and I'll give you some info
GUIL THIS FIX ABSOLUTELY SOLVED THE PROBLEM WITH 17!!!!!!!!!

It now works perfectly on a 12th gen i5 processor, where previously it would immediately crash on startup if the system was connected to a network.

I fought and researched for months trying to resolve that issue on my own. I found all kinds of people online having the identical issue who were equally stumped. I contacted Giants dozens of times through every venue I could think of, and they 100% ignored me and everyone else trying to fix it.

Now a few brilliant members of the community have figured it out and popped up with the solution, which takes 1 minute to implement and requires basically typing one word.

Unfortunately it didn't do anything for the problem of 19 failing to connect to any multiplayer. And Giants continues to ignore that issue. But hey, let's focus on the positive.

I am so pleased about this turn of events I wish I could send a box of internet doughnuts to everyone who posted the solution and to you for telling me about it. Gratitude to everyone in this thread.
Guil

Post by Guil »

Super, that's great to hear.