Giants Editor not loading sub components

Your forum for all discussions around Modding.
Inceb

Giants Editor not loading sub components

Post by Inceb »

I have created a mod from the game. When I open it in GE the main part opens ok but none of the sub components.
I have checked the path to the game and it is correct. I get the following errors in GE
Error: i3d 'C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/Farming Simulator 22/data/shared/assets/lights/lizard/sideMarker_02.i3d' could not be found.
Error: Could not load i3d reference 'C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/Farming Simulator 22/data/shared/assets/lights/lizard/sideMarker_02.i3d'.
Error: i3d 'C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/Farming Simulator 22/data/shared/assets/lights/lizard/sideMarker_04Orange.i3d' could not be found.
Error: Could not load i3d reference 'C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/Farming Simulator 22/data/shared/assets/lights/lizard/sideMarker_04Orange.i3d'.
Error: i3d 'C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/Farming Simulator 22/data/shared/assets/lights/lizard/frontLightRectangle_01.i3d' could not be found.
Error: Could not load i3d reference 'C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/Farming Simulator 22/data/shared/assets/lights/lizard/frontLightRectangle_01.i3d'.

All these files are in the paths so what is happening?
How can I fix this
Inceb

Re: Giants Editor not loading sub components

Post by Inceb »

Is this just me, am i missing something or does nobody know why this is happening
Eische

Post by Eische »

It is because those files do not exist in FS22.
Check the folder on your own and you will notice that there is no file named sideMarker_02.i3d. But there is a file named sideMarker02.i3d.

Notice the difference.
Playing on PC - Win10
Ryzen 3600
RX 5500XT
16GB Ram
How to post log file
How to upload pictures
Please report bugs for FS22 using the bugtracker
Inceb

Post by Inceb »

How can this work in the game if the filenames are wrong?
TheSuBBie

Post by TheSuBBie »

Its your filenames that are wrong.

As Eiche said you have the wrong file file Paths for the i3d's you are trying to load
with reference to the sideMarker referenced above your file path should be

C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common//Farming Simulator 2022/data/shared/assets/lights/lizard/sideMarker02.i3d

and as he has said check the lights/lizard folder for the correct names

Edit: Disregard answer as I got the wrong assumption
Last edited by TheSuBBie on Tue Jan 30, 2024 7:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Inceb

Post by Inceb »

The filenames are nothing to do with me. I used Giants editor to create a mod from the game. I then loaded this into Giants editor and that is when the error occurred. I checked the i3D xml file in the game folder and that is exactly the same. This is all new to me I'm just trying to learn the basics of modding by Using Giants editor. I need to know that Giants editor is working correctly first.
TheSuBBie

Post by TheSuBBie »

Post details of the mod
Inceb

Post by Inceb »

In Giants Editor 9.0.6 create new mod from game
Select Store Item : MH-AL 4320/35

Console window shows
Error: i3d 'C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/Farming Simulator 22/data/shared/assets/lights/lizard/sideMarker_02.i3d' could not be found.
Error: Could not load i3d reference 'C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/Farming Simulator 22/data/shared/assets/lights/lizard/sideMarker_02.i3d'.
Error: i3d 'C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/Farming Simulator 22/data/shared/assets/lights/lizard/sideMarker_04Orange.i3d' could not be found.
Error: Could not load i3d reference 'C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/Farming Simulator 22/data/shared/assets/lights/lizard/sideMarker_04Orange.i3d'.
Error: i3d 'C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/Farming Simulator 22/data/shared/assets/lights/lizard/frontLightRectangle_01.i3d' could not be found.
Error: Could not load i3d reference 'C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/Farming Simulator 22/data/shared/assets/lights/lizard/frontLightRectangle_01.i3d'.
Warning: Reference i3d 'C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/Farming Simulator 22/data/shared/assets/lights/lizard/rearLight40.i3d' has more than one root node. All but the first node are ignored.
C:/Users/Ian/Documents/My FS 22 Mods/MH-AL_4320/35/mhal4320.i3d (181.05 ms)

The trailer has no wheels
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1uS63ax ... drive_link

Thanks for your patience
TheSuBBie

Post by TheSuBBie »

The wheels and lights are loaded from the mhal4320.xml so will not appear in GE as GE only loads the i3d and does not reference the vehicle xml lights/wheels are shown only as refrernce points in the scenegraph and the light i3d is called from the <lights> section of the mhal4320.xml

<sharedLight linkNode="sideMarker_02Left" filename="$data/shared/assets/lights/lizard/sideMarker02_left.xml"/>
<sharedLight linkNode="sideMarker_02Right" filename="$data/shared/assets/lights/lizard/sideMarker02_right.xml"/>

which then calls the relevant xml which loads the correct filename

lizard/sideMarker02_left.xml"
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" standalone="no" ?>
<light>
<filename>$data/shared/assets/lights/lizard/sideMarker02.i3d</filename>
<rootNode node="0" />
<defaultLight node="0|0" lightTypes="0" />
<defaultLight node="0|1" lightTypes="0" />
<defaultLight node="0|2" lightTypes="0" />
</light>

wheels are loaded in the same way
from<wheels> section of the mhal4320.xml
<wheel filename="$data/shared/wheels/tires/continental/terrainContactHT/245_65R17.xml" -- includes rims

<i3d mappings>
<i3dMapping id="wheelFrontLeft" node="0>0|0|0"/>
<i3dMapping id="sideMarker_02Left" node="0>0|2|0|2|0|0"/>
<i3dMapping id="sideMarker_02Right" node="0>0|2|0|2|0|1"/>

Any Changes to light type or wheel type are done in the xml using the reference points in the scenegraph
TheSuBBie

Post by TheSuBBie »

Furthermore if you are intent on modding for FS22 then I suggest you buy this

https://www.farming-simulator.com/dlc-d ... d=fs22mt50

at E 4.99 they are well worth it and can solve a lot problems first time modders find themselves in
Inceb

Post by Inceb »

Thanks, i have already bought the guide it’s very good but missing some basic stuff for someone who is new to blender and farm simulator. I thought I would have a look at a very basic mod to try and find out how wheels are added. Can you recommend a more basic guide?
Thanks for your time
Ian
TheSuBBie

Post by TheSuBBie »

The best thing you can do is to learn GE and Blender by watching video's
For GE there are some of Giants own that are out of date but do cover the basics

https://gdn.giants-software.com/videoTutorials2.php --Modding Video Tutorials 3.0 (Farming Simulator 17) --free

Blender wise there are many many tutorials on youtube here are a some

https://www.youtube.com/c/GrantAbbitt/videos -- basic to professional

https://www.youtube.com/@blenderguru -- basic to professional

https://www.youtube.com/@bauerbrown -- basic, also some GE tutorials

The best way to learn the xml settings is to reverse enginneer a ingame vehiclexml and see how it is put together.
You can also find information on all the various types of xml sections in FS22 here,

C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/Farming Simulator 2022/shared/xml/documentation

There is some more information given in this old post

'Available parameters for each configuration in the xml files' --viewtopic.php?t=188022

Now doubt other's will list their favourite go to for tutorials and 'Google is your friend'

Any questions/problems you have can be posted on here or the Giants Developer Network https://gdn.giants-software.com/ (log in required) and Im sure somebody will be able to help .
Inceb

Post by Inceb »

excellent thanks for your help