Names

Cokey

Re: Names

Post by Cokey »

I must admit i find it very strange that a group of people who all obviously have a common interest can fall out so much. Whether ur on one system or another, were all playing the same game. Im into my motorbikes and i cant imagine arguing with someone just because they choose to ride a different bike to me, were all bikers, end of
blue_painted

Post by blue_painted »

Cokey wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2024 5:27 pm I must admit i find it very strange that a group of people who all obviously have a common interest can fall out so much. Whether ur on one system or another, were all playing the same game. Im into my motorbikes and i cant imagine arguing with someone just because they choose to ride a different bike to me, were all bikers, end of
You should try bikechatforums.com then ... it can get quite agitated there!
Playing new "Beest" Intel i7-11700F with GeForce GTX 3060 and XBOX controller
also £600 laptop - AMD Ryzen 5600H with GeForce GTX 3050 XBOX controller

Dairydeere's A Guide to Finding Farming Simulator Mods - Please give this a read and help spread awareness for respectful mod downloads
mydixiewrecked

Post by mydixiewrecked »

Urinal2001 wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2024 5:11 pm
Cokey wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2024 4:30 pm Perhaps some of the more angry voices on here have got bored and gone away
Maybe they have just changed their names....
Better be a legal name, otherwise....pshhhh
mydixiewrecked

Post by mydixiewrecked »

blue_painted wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2024 5:38 pm

Thirdgen.org is fairly easy going......they have alot of members that are moderators and involved regularly with the conversations................................
Cokey

Post by Cokey »

[/quote]

[/quote]

I did go on briefly my mate. Didnt last long. I think its the anonimity of being online that brings the a***hole out in people. Us humans are a wierd bunch
chedly_farms

Post by chedly_farms »

My real name is Dixie Nor Mouse.
Currently Playing on XBoxOne : Elm Creek

-----> And "Thank You Modders" for your contributions <----
chedly_farms

Post by chedly_farms »

Cokey wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2024 12:47 pm Before you ask....lol. its a nickname not a recreational habit
Where the H E double hockey sticks is the like button?
Currently Playing on XBoxOne : Elm Creek

-----> And "Thank You Modders" for your contributions <----
mydixiewrecked

Post by mydixiewrecked »

chedly_farms wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2024 8:03 pm My real name is Dixie Nor Mouse.
UncleRico

Post by UncleRico »

Cokey wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2024 5:27 pm I must admit i find it very strange that a group of people who all obviously have a common interest can fall out so much. Whether ur on one system or another, were all playing the same game. Im into my motorbikes and i cant imagine arguing with someone just because they choose to ride a different bike to me, were all bikers, end of
I personally think we’re pretty civil here. I feel like we had a really good run going until last weekend. There’s usually pretty good discussion and there’s a few members (noraf, guil, Norfolk farmer, blue painted, subbie, don apple, and several others) here who can pretty well troubleshoot most any problem you might have. Last weekends blowout was also a member who’s had at least a few in the past. Their M.O. is to meltdown over mild teasing or criticism, attempt to blow everything and everyone up, request their account to be deleted, and then send PMs to the people they’re upset at to try to antagonize them into responding in an open thread. Then get deleted and come back a short while later as a new member. I only put two and two together after some very specific insults using very specific facts and language made something in my head flip. So I went digging through my PMs until I found the nearly word for word rant from May haha.
FBtheSQL

Post by FBtheSQL »

Sounds like you have some interesting PMs. Maybe the PM ferry will visit me sometime.
blue_painted

Post by blue_painted »

Cokey wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2024 6:36 pm
[/quote]

I did go on briefly my mate. Didnt last long. I think its the anonimity of being online that brings the a***hole out in people. Us humans are a wierd bunch
[/quote]

I don't mind it, it's mostly just a pi** take unless you do something really silly, particularly defending the indefensible.

Dairydeere's A Guide to Finding Farming Simulator Mods - Please give this a read and help spread awareness for respectful mod downloads
blue_painted

Post by blue_painted »

UncleRico wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2024 12:46 am
I personally think we’re pretty civil here. I feel like we had a really good run going until last weekend. There’s usually pretty good discussion and there’s a few members (noraf, guil, Norfolk farmer, blue painted, subbie, don apple, and several others) here who can pretty well troubleshoot most any problem you might have. Last weekends blowout was also a member who’s had at least a few in the past. Their M.O. is to meltdown over mild teasing or criticism, attempt to blow everything and everyone up, request their account to be deleted, and then send PMs to the people they’re upset at to try to antagonize them into responding in an open thread. Then get deleted and come back a short while later as a new member. I only put two and two together after some very specific insults using very specific facts and language made something in my head flip. So I went digging through my PMs until I found the nearly word for word rant from May haha.
There's always one or two -- especially those who have a lot of opinions on how GIANTS are getting it all wrong

Cokey

Post by Cokey »

Blue_painted, id tend to agree about the bike forum but i ended up being called all sorts of names by one particular bottom feeder for having a honda blackbird (carb'd version). Guess what bike he had? A honda blackbird (fuel injected version). Decided at that point that life was too short
UncleRico

Post by UncleRico »

Cokey wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2024 9:34 am Blue_painted, id tend to agree about the bike forum but i ended up being called all sorts of names by one particular bottom feeder for having a honda blackbird (carb'd version). Guess what bike he had? A honda blackbird (fuel injected version). Decided at that point that life was too short
That’s always the worst part. There’s always a group that is ride or die one way or another and are out for blood. It’s like the Ford, Chevy, and Dodge pickup thing. The grief you get some places, most of which is completely inconsistent. You must be a rich farmer, must be a poor farmer, that’s a fancy truck, that’s a contractors truck, too dirty, to clean, those are junk, you must actually be a jockey.
Cokey

Post by Cokey »

Exactly my point mate. I grew out of those type of arguments when i finished infant school.
My dads bigger than ur dad, my dads cars faster than ur dads car etc etc