Conflict between Precision Farming and Platinum Expansion

Gaastra

Conflict between Precision Farming and Platinum Expansion

Post by Gaastra »

Hi All
After updating some mods today i ran in to a bug where my HUD completely disappear.
After some turning on and off off mods i narrowed it down to a conflict between Precision Farming and the Platinum Expansion DLC
Anyone else who have had the same experience, and maybe know a way to fix it other than removing one or the other, as both are crucial for my gaming experience :biggrin2:
Guil

Re: Conflict between Precision Farming and Platinum Expansion

Post by Guil »

Did you try with just those 2 mods in the mod folder? It's likely another mod is interfering and it's coincidental that disabling one of those fixes the issue
Noraf

Post by Noraf »

It wouldn't be the first time a trio of mods (or even more) are needed to get a conflict, where removing one of them causes the error to disappear, but the mod you removed isn't necessarily the one that doesn't work right/play well with the other mods
:hi:

FS22 Bug-tracker
How to post your log
Giants Discord
Posting pictures How-to

Just remember, if the world didn't su.., we'd all fall of...
Guil

Post by Guil »

Exactly, only way to verify is try a new mod folder with just PF and then activate Plat
Gaastra

Post by Gaastra »

Noraf wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2024 8:53 pm It wouldn't be the first time a trio of mods (or even more) are needed to get a conflict, where removing one of them causes the error to disappear, but the mod you removed isn't necessarily the one that doesn't work right/play well with the other mods
That is actually the way i found the conflict, first by adding my mods 1 by one and when i narrowed it down just the 2 of them, and it still make a conflict. But in my mind it doesn't make any cense as i ran the game with both active yesterday with no issues..
UncleRico

Post by UncleRico »

Gaastra wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2024 1:35 am
That is actually the way i found the conflict, first by adding my mods 1 by one and when i narrowed it down just the 2 of them, and it still make a conflict. But in my mind it doesn't make any cense as i ran the game with both active yesterday with no issues..
How about the map is this a vanilla map? Also have you updated PF? Or are you running an edited version of PF or giants off the modhub?
Guil

Post by Guil »

By jove, I just tested this on Zielonka with only PF and all DLC active and it does indeed hide the hud.

I would suggest creating a report in the bug tracker

mydixiewrecked

Post by mydixiewrecked »

I'm assuming this is from the last update. What was that for anyway?
Guil

Post by Guil »

No idea, mine just auto updates from steam
mydixiewrecked

Post by mydixiewrecked »

I wish we would stop with the updates. I'm guessing it was for the straw harvest.

But I guess Giants can't test their updates against their own......oh wait......😝
Noraf

Post by Noraf »

Indeed a strange one, good to have it confirmed by a second party too.
Now it's time to hit the Bug-tracker
(Be aware that you will need a separate account for the Bug-tracker, as the forum account will not work for that)
:hi:

FS22 Bug-tracker
How to post your log
Giants Discord
Posting pictures How-to

Just remember, if the world didn't su.., we'd all fall of...
RODHA

Post by RODHA »

I have been playing with all DLCs and PF on for a very long time. Infact since the initial release of PF. I also have a lot of mods installed including the very buggy straw harvest add-on. But I never had this issue. The only difference between you guys and me is that I'm on PS5. Assuming that you are on PC.
PS5 / FS22
Guil

Post by Guil »

Guil wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2024 12:32 pm By jove, I just tested this on Zielonka with only PF and all DLC active and it does indeed hide the hud.

I would suggest creating a report in the bug tracker

Anyone else able to reproduce this? I created a bug report at the time of that post and used those pictures and it has just been closed with a comment saying can't reproduce.

I have all the dlc and created a new mod folder to test this and was able to reproduce multiple times on zielonka and elm creek.
MK_McD

Post by MK_McD »

I do not have "Pumps and Hoses" but I was not able to reproduce it by trying with all the other dlc active.
Maybe there is a conflict with a game setting? Try renaming the file gameSettings.xml so that it is recreated with the base settings.
Guil

Post by Guil »

No changes in gamesettings xml. I only tried it after the op posted about it originally. There has been a micro patch or 2 since then though