RTK STATION

Beanbrother

RTK STATION

Post by Beanbrother »

I know we all thought they were meant to help with helper. (Or I thought so)
But do they do anything really? Meant to help with PF but has anybody really pay and attention to see if it does??
JensChrDK

Re: RTK STATION

Post by JensChrDK »

The vanilla helper likes to overlap with a lot, and that should be less with the rtk.
Been playing WAAAAY to many hours - PC with Logitech G27 and Thrustmaster Simtask Farmstick
Tommy93

Post by Tommy93 »

It has been tested by many YouTubers to see if it indeeds helps the AI improving on their work and let them finish the job faster.

https://youtu.be/42xQt5jOuhI?si=m-Ym8Rh-723aDDdG
Beanbrother

Post by Beanbrother »

Tommy93 wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2024 3:15 pm It has been tested by many YouTubers to see if it indeeds helps the AI improving on their work and let them finish the job faster.

https://youtu.be/42xQt5jOuhI?si=m-Ym8Rh-723aDDdG
Geez 40 seconds, isn’t that much of an improvement I don’t think.
Beanbrother

Post by Beanbrother »

JensChrDK wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2024 2:44 pm The vanilla helper likes to overlap with a lot, and that should be less with the rtk.
What’s a vanilla helper? Is that without precision farming?
Tommy93

Post by Tommy93 »

Beanbrother wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2024 3:27 pm Geez 40 seconds, isn’t that much of an improvement I don’t think.
Depending on the size of the field.
Tommy93

Post by Tommy93 »

Beanbrother wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2024 3:28 pm What’s a vanilla helper? Is that without precision farming?
It's the AI worker you can hire to do work, no you don't need PF to hire a worker. It's in the basegame.

If you search for AI helper FS22 on YouTube you will find videos on how to use it
Beanbrother

Post by Beanbrother »

Tommy93 wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2024 3:34 pm
Beanbrother wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2024 3:28 pm What’s a vanilla helper? Is that without precision farming?
It's the AI worker you can hire to do work, no you don't need PF to hire a worker. It's in the basegame.

If you search for AI helper FS22 on YouTube you will find videos on how to use it
I know what a AI helper is (been grinding since fs17)
Just never heard them call vanilla
Eische

Post by Eische »

Back to topic:
If it is the same like in FS19 version, it works like this (I have not used FS22 version, yet):

Without PF the default hired helper drives perfect straight lines while working a field.

With PF and no RTK placed, hired helper drives in very narrow snakelines across the field. You only see this, if you are in the same vehicle and look at the compass on the minimap. The driving direction contantly varies a few degrees. This leads to more overlap.
If you place an RTK, hired helper is back to basegame behaviour.
Playing on PC - Win10
Ryzen 3600
RX 5500XT
16GB Ram
How to post log file
How to upload pictures
Please report bugs for FS22 using the bugtracker
mydixiewrecked

Post by mydixiewrecked »

So its not even an addition the game. It's a gimmick
LittleWatt

Post by LittleWatt »

It does work, but I say skip it. I never use it anymore for Precision Farming. And if you use mods for field work, and those mods are optimized for PF, you’ll end up with gaps in field work that would need to fix.