Can you add the new premium root crops to a planter?

Your forum for all discussions around Modding.
sausage

Can you add the new premium root crops to a planter?

Post by sausage »

Hi,

Does anybody know how you can add the new root crops type to a planter? I know both sowingMachine and planter types don't add them. Is there a way to add select crops, or a type that refers to these new crops?

I'm aware of <seedFruitTypes> tag, but manually listing all crops removes flexibility with maps with custom crops. Is this the only real way? I read on another post about using <seedFruitTypeCategories>, but I don't know what the root crops types would be called. Is there some way to find this information? I haven't yet seen a modded planter that can do these crops yet.

I'm not especially knowledgable on the XML of FS22 yet, still learning.

Thanks
Illgib81

Re: Can you add the new premium root crops to a planter?

Post by Illgib81 »

The <seedFruitTypeCategories> must be set into the FruitType.xml, you can make a new "MULTIFRUIT" type with all the crops listed, but you're messing with the original files, if you're not playing online isn't really a problem.
I don't remember if it load the nwe fruit though, i bieleve he doesn't, the only way it's to manually list all the fruit inside the seedFruitTypes, you should be able to list extra crops from other maps, it shouldn't give problem if isn't available on the map, but you'll have if they are.
The safer way it's to make a custom fruitType.xml but you need a script to make it load, i'm trying for days modding some implements, but whitout scripts it's impossible, and i know nothing about scripts.
sausage

Post by sausage »

Thanks, I'll have a look into what you've mentioned and see what I can come up with
Illgib81

Post by Illgib81 »

I just tried, and you can add as much fruit as you want, if the map doesn't have you'll get a warning in the log but that's it, if the map have the extra fruit you'll get them.
I tried adding alfalfa and clover and load a map whitout them, two warnings and no fruit in the store, i loaded a map with both and it had listed in the available seeds, and three warnings for the premium roots since i haven't selected the expansion. You can go wild with fruits :D