Connection problem

DirectCedar

Re: Connection problem

Post by DirectCedar »

Guil wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 5:54 pm That's baffling
Agreed. Not to mention extremely frustrating. There must be more information that Giants can see on their server side that would give some clues why I'm being bounced.
DirectCedar

Post by DirectCedar »

KubekK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 1:43 am
I want to make a virtual machine, install the game (from Epic in my case) and look for the changes made to the system.
Have you opened a tech support ticket with Giants by the way? I have no evidence that they actually respond to them, but at least if several of us start them they will see that this is not an uncommon problem.
KubekK

Post by KubekK »

DirectCedar wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 6:50 pm
I want to make a virtual machine, install the game (from Epic in my case) and look for the changes made to the system.
Have you opened a tech support ticket with Giants by the way? I have no evidence that they actually respond to them, but at least if several of us start them they will see that this is not an uncommon problem.
I will now. I wanted to check every clue i could find on the internet to solve the problem my self.
But with You confirming all the steps made i think it's time to open a tech ticket.
I'll keep updating this subject.
erayayay

Post by erayayay »

KubekK wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2024 6:28 pm
I will now. I wanted to check every clue i could find on the internet to solve the problem my self.
But with You confirming all the steps made i think it's time to open a tech ticket.
I'm having the same problem and I've tried everything I can think of. Did you find a solution?
DirectCedar

Post by DirectCedar »

KubekK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 1:43 am I want to make a virtual machine, install the game (from Epic in my case) and look for the changes made to the system.
Have you tested this option of running on a virtual machine? I am also considering this test, although I believe I need to get another Windows license to do it, which I don't currently have.
KubekK

Post by KubekK »

DirectCedar wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2024 8:02 pm
KubekK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 1:43 am I want to make a virtual machine, install the game (from Epic in my case) and look for the changes made to the system.
Have you tested this option of running on a virtual machine? I am also considering this test, although I believe I need to get another Windows license to do it, which I don't currently have.
Sorry I haven't got the time yet. And as for Windows license... Well I will leave You with this:
https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/win ... b4692c744e

Oh and You can use VirtualBox or VMWare Player
To download Windows just ask google for "Windows 10 iso download" or "Windows 10 usb download tool" (just make sure it's official MS website).
DirectCedar

Post by DirectCedar »

KubekK wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2024 1:58 am
Any luck with any of your troubleshooting of this problem? I've tried every suggestion I can find anywhere and I'm still stuck with it. To date, Giants is ignoring my emails and my tech support ticket.
DirectCedar

Post by DirectCedar »

KubekK wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2024 6:28 pm
KubekK, has Giants responded to your tech support ticket? They still have not acknowledged mine.
KubekK

Post by KubekK »

Yes they did.

I have to report the problem here (You should do it also):
https://feedback.giants-software.com/
DirectCedar

Post by DirectCedar »

KubekK wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 4:15 pm Yes they did.

Yes I opened a ticket on that bug tracker over a month ago. I have also followed it up with two more emails. They have ignored everything.

I don't know how to get them to respond. Perhaps if everyone on the forum experiencing this problem opens a ticket on the bugtracker, there is a chance they will notice.
DirectCedar

Post by DirectCedar »

I finally got a response to my support ticket. Perhaps Giants does occasionally read their own forum or check their own bugtracker.

They said it is a server issue, not a bug, so keep trying to connect, and closed my ticket. WTH?

This is nonsense. I have tried to connect multiple times a day for the past thirty-four days. I have tried every network, router, and game configuration and troubleshooting option that can be dredged up online. The error is repeated every single time.

It definitely does appear to be a server issue, but it appears the issue is that the server is consistently and incorrectly rejecting specific IP addresses or specific installations of the game. WHY? and HOW DO WE FIX IT? are the problems to be solved *thumbsdown* *thumbsdown* :confusednew: :confusednew:
DirectCedar

Post by DirectCedar »

Any progress with this problem from your perspective? I'm still locked out.
zegg67

Post by zegg67 »

hii
insufficient amount of information being provided here by you, it can never lead to workout solution.
DirectCedar

Post by DirectCedar »

Hi KubekK

Did you ever find a way to make the game connect, or have you given up and quit playing as I suspect most with this problem likely have? I'm at that point. I don't know what else to try, and my support tickets continue to be ignored. This has been an extremely disappointing and frustrating experience.
archigiova

Post by archigiova »

I've had a similar issue. What I found was that sometimes the server routes might be cluttered or blocked based on the IPs. Initially, I tried using a VPN and switching my IP addresses, but it didn’t help. It seemed like the game servers were somehow recognizing and throttling these VPN connections, displaying constant "server timeout" errors.