Most lucrative crop in FS22?

eireannach

Most lucrative crop in FS22?

Post by eireannach »

In FS19, I’ve discovered soy beans to be the most profitable crop. In FS19, soy beans remained $1100+/ Liter. Its the most profitable above $1500/Liter Had anyone come to the conclusion that soy beans to remain the most profitable in FS22? Is there a new king crop in FS22? Or is there a better crop to collect money quickly?
Guil

Re: Most lucrative crop in FS22?

Post by Guil »

Highest sell price doesn't mean it's the most profitable. Wheat Barley and Oat are just as profitable if you collect and sell the straw.
Decriptus

Post by Decriptus »

Per year ...poplar, sugarcane, and silage are the top 3 for base game. Not sure about dlc crops. Poplar is the biggest profit.
michfarmer56

Post by michfarmer56 »

Definitely don't sleep on silage.
Candyman35

Post by Candyman35 »

I like cotton, machines may be expensive, but payout is worth it to me.
LittleWatt

Post by LittleWatt »

The new root crops exceed both potatoes and sugar beets. Everything falls below silage if you consider that a crop category. I think poplar is the best as its price model after Platinum is amazing in the winter. Better yield than any root crop and worth 3X potatoes. Then it would be sugarcane, as it’s has been tops since introduction in FS17, if silage isn’t considered a crop. Cotton is hard to beat as well, but it’s better suited as massive crop, I feel, as the harvester costs are high.

More importantly, the crops you enjoy the most will always be the best. If you hate sugarcane harvesting or the new root crops, you’re not likely going to harvest enough to make it worth it. Like grapes/olives. If you hate straw collecting then straw producers won’t be valuable. If you love massive fields of sunflowers, you’ll be in great shape as their profit is great. It really comes down to what you like.

Let me make a small correction, wood chips are the best profit (if silage isn’t a crop for you), not necessarily poplars.

I would argue oak trees turned into would chips are better than poplars, with a mod or two. Once they’re grown, which doesn’t take as long as spruce or pine, you’ll get 50k liters of chips in about 3.5 trees, with negligible cost. Trees are cheap, wood chipping is cheap.