CoursePlay

Dorsai

Re: CoursePlay

Post by Dorsai »

To my knowledge of courseplay there is no setting that would change in settings of how you would like to see plowing of field. I believe that perhaps would require a change in animations used by courseplay. Have a pleasant day!
Back in the day:
Owner/operator L Lazy M Hereford Ranch
Plays FS22 on a pc
"Put on a cowboy hat lose your mind" :hi:
Helazak

Post by Helazak »

kahfs wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2024 5:33 pm I hope I understood it correctly that others are welcome to ask questions about Courseplay.
Yes that was my intent when I made the thread.
kahfs wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2024 5:33 pm I have tried to plow a field using Courseplay. It seems to work best if you work the center first and the headland last. But when Courseplay gets started on the headland, it will always turn the dirt towards unplowed ground. It does not matter if you ask it to go clockwise or anti-clockwise. That is not how we plow in my part of the world. But I doen't see any options to set it up as I want. Did not find any clues on the github, nor on a Youtube tutorial. Is there something I don't see?

I think that is a detail only a famer would recognize. I get it. You also dont see the tractor tip when its wheels ride the ditch the last path made. I also dont see the lean in the plow that corrects for that dip. The good news is that the game doesn't care. This is where your imagination comes in and you believe it looks correct.
FS22 on PC, FS14, FS16, FS20 on iPhone Not a gamer. Most gamer jargon goes over my head.
Started playing for the education about farming.

Amateur (noob) Farmer 5 mostly forested acres
Tractor: Kubota M4900 (54HP), w/ Loader bucket and forks
Attachments: log splitter, Chipper/shredder, finish mower, scrape blade, rock rake, double moldboard plow, rototiller, Garden Bedder
kahfs

Post by kahfs »

Helazak wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2024 7:27 am
kahfs wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2024 5:33 pm I hope I understood it correctly that others are welcome to ask questions about Courseplay.
kahfs wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2024 5:33 pm I have tried to plow a field using Courseplay. It seems to work best if you work the center first and the headland last. But when Courseplay gets started on the headland, it will always turn the dirt towards unplowed ground. It does not matter if you ask it to go clockwise or anti-clockwise. That is not how we plow in my part of the world. But I doen't see any options to set it up as I want. Did not find any clues on the github, nor on a Youtube tutorial. Is there something I don't see?

I think that is a detail only a famer would recognize. I get it. You also dont see the tractor tip when its wheels ride the ditch the last path made. I also dont see the lean in the plow that corrects for that dip. The good news is that the game doesn't care. This is where your imagination comes in and you believe it looks correct.
Hi Helazak,
Yes, as a teenager, I did some of the plowing on my dads small farm. A two-furrowed plough pulled by a David Brown 880. Was always told it wasn't straight. So, when you see Courseplay turn the soil the wrong way, it is like hearing students clawing nails on the blackboard. Courseplay is such an impressive mod, and my gametime is very very limited, so I always feel a bit "fumbling in the dark". I don't want to put CoursePlay in a bad light. It is very important to my infrequent gaming.
K. Henneberg/ArmChairFarming. Author of RealLifeNumbers (FS19, FS22)
blue_painted

Post by blue_painted »

Helazak wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2024 7:27 am

I think it depends on your tractor and plough set up. I'm sure I've seen in furrow, where the inside wheel is in the open furrow, as well as on land ploughing in the game.
Playing new "Beest" Intel i7-11700F with GeForce GTX 3060 and XBOX controller
also £600 laptop - AMD Ryzen 5600H with GeForce GTX 3050 XBOX controller

Dairydeere's A Guide to Finding Farming Simulator Mods - Please give this a read and help spread awareness for respectful mod downloads
Helazak

Post by Helazak »

kahfs wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2024 9:44 am
Hi Helazak,
Yes, as a teenager, I did some of the plowing on my dads small farm. A two-furrowed plough pulled by a David Brown 880. Was always told it wasn't straight. So, when you see Courseplay turn the soil the wrong way, it is like hearing students clawing nails on the blackboard. Courseplay is such an impressive mod, and my gametime is very very limited, so I always feel a bit "fumbling in the dark". I don't want to put CoursePlay in a bad light. It is very important to my infrequent gaming.
Sounds like how I feel when one of my kids gives me a ride. I just close my eyes and be greatful they were willing to help.

But I get it. We all have our little quirks.

I switched to chisle plows in the game so I dont have that soil turning issue.
FS22 on PC, FS14, FS16, FS20 on iPhone Not a gamer. Most gamer jargon goes over my head.

Attachments: log splitter, Chipper/shredder, finish mower, scrape blade, rock rake, double moldboard plow, rototiller, Garden Bedder
norfolk farmer

Post by norfolk farmer »

I have tried to plow a field using Courseplay. It seems to work best if you work the center first and the headland last. But when Courseplay gets started on the headland, it will always turn the dirt towards unplowed ground. It does not matter if you ask it to go clockwise or anti-clockwise. That is not how we plow in my part of the world. But I doen't see any options to set it up as I want. Did not find any clues on the github, nor on a Youtube tutorial. Is there something I don't see?
Courseplay does have a bug currently with ploughing not sure if it's what you are experiencing or not.

https://github.com/Courseplay/Coursepla ... ssues/3067
kahfs

Post by kahfs »

norfolk farmer wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 8:27 am

I have tried to plow a field using Courseplay. It seems to work best if you work the center first and the headland last. But when Courseplay gets started on the headland, it will always turn the dirt towards unplowed ground. It does not matter if you ask it to go clockwise or anti-clockwise. That is not how we plow in my part of the world. But I doen't see any options to set it up as I want. Did not find any clues on the github, nor on a Youtube tutorial. Is there something I don't see?
Courseplay does have a bug currently with ploughing not sure if it's what you are experiencing or not.

https://github.com/Courseplay/Coursepla ... ssues/3067
Hi Norfolk. Thank you for the hint. But it appears to be slightly different issues. Now that I know, it is not something I forgot to do, I'll live with it.
K. Henneberg/ArmChairFarming. Author of RealLifeNumbers (FS19, FS22)
Helazak

Post by Helazak »

I would like to make a request. I hope the developer of Courseplay reads this.
I do a lot of funky shaped fields and as good as the couse builder is, sometimes my field is just to messy and I need to play with it.
I have one field in mind that has bulges with narrow places between them. The up and down in the bulges is great but the narrows often compress the up and down to the extent that they are not navigable. Based on the shape some parts need an east west orientation while other parts really need a north south.
There is a custom field where you can plot out the field and their is a way to drive a custom field, but the only way to build a course is to use the course editor which is great but cumbersome. I use it alot, but it would be nice to cut and paste pieces of a course. Or to drive a course and have it recorded. I have done that with Autodrive but with different width implements on the same field the map gets very messy. I would also like to link courses so after one ends they jumpt o another one. This can be done if I could cut and paste route sections.

If you could record a path, I could use Autodrive and Courseplay together since their course developent tools do complement each other. I could let courseplay create headlands and up and downs one way and then change directions and do it again and record them in autodrive and use its editor to connect sections.

Anyway, not complaining just wishing.

norfolk farmer

Post by norfolk farmer »

Helazak wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2024 8:16 pm
A link to the Courseplay Github.

https://github.com/Courseplay/Courseplay_FS22