what does multi terrain angle do?

norfolk farmer

Re: what does multi terrain angle do?

Post by norfolk farmer »

anakai wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 7:40 am Sorry for hijacking, but how do I add multi terrain to let's say "Old stream farm". Is there some written tutorial, don't like Youtube videos?
Have a look for Shywizard on Yourube he has a lot of mapping tutorials he may have one for that.
CowsGoMoo

Post by CowsGoMoo »

If you're going to quite game or map because field textures don't go a certain angle.... you have problems.
Let's get some cows!
FS17 a few hundred hours on pc, 920 ps4
FS19 2660 hrs ps4/ps5
FS 22 [ps5] 1070 hrs [pc] 60 hrs
this_is_gav

Post by this_is_gav »

anakai wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 7:40 am Sorry for hijacking, but how do I add multi terrain to let's say "Old stream farm". Is there some written tutorial, don't like Youtube videos?
I posted the link to modelleicher's tutorial (in English) two posts above yours.

CowsGoMoo wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 11:07 am If you're going to quite game or map because field textures don't go a certain angle.... you have problems.
Or, you know, prefer the game to look as close as it can to what it's meant to be simulating.
BulletBill

Post by BulletBill »

CowsGoMoo wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 11:07 am If you're going to quite game or map because field textures don't go a certain angle.... you have problems.
Yes because it's perfectly normal to be ploughing 1 direction but the plough furrows appearing behind you are at a different angle.

Nothing immersion breaking about that.

Personally I think you "have problems" if stuff like that doesn't bother you.

But then I shouldn't be surprised by what Fs19 fans think is important and what they don't.

Your not bothered by awful dynamic skies, plastic tractors and shiny ground textures.

Who cares if the game resembles RL in the slightest.
Join the "Frontier Design" Discord: https://discord.gg/7P8ePvU
anakai

Post by anakai »

this_is_gav wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 11:31 am
I posted the link to modelleicher's tutorial (in English) two posts above yours.

Or, you know, prefer the game to look as close as it can to what it's meant to be simulating.
Sorry missed the link there thank you very much
JensChrDK

Post by JensChrDK »

BulletBill wrote: Thu Feb 20, 2020 11:01 am
Yes because it's perfectly normal to be ploughing 1 direction but the plough furrows appearing behind you are at a different angle.

But then I shouldn't be surprised by what Fs19 fans think is important and what they don't.

Your not bothered by awful dynamic skies, plastic tractors and shiny ground textures.

Thank you BB!!! *thumbsup*
Been playing WAAAAY to many hours - PC with Logitech G27 and Thrustmaster Simtask Farmstick
CowsGoMoo

Post by CowsGoMoo »

BulletBill wrote: Thu Feb 20, 2020 11:01 am

Sorry, I must have confused real farming with playing a game.
Let's get some cows!
FS19 2660 hrs ps4/ps5
BulletBill

Post by BulletBill »

CowsGoMoo wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2020 2:58 am Sorry, I must have confused real farming with playing a game.
By this reasoning a game called "Farming Simulator" can be literally be as far removed from farming as it wants to be as it's only a game.

Try telling the John Deere fans there next John Deere DLC is going to be Case tractors in yellow with green wheels. I mean don't get mad, it's only a game.

The details may not matter to you, but they do matter for others.
What makes me laugh is that people complain about people who want more details in the game, yet that isn't going to affect you in the slightest as your quite content to play it as default and unrealistic as you like.

So let us ask for more details, what is it going to do, spoil the game for you by improving it!
Join the "Frontier Design" Discord: https://discord.gg/7P8ePvU
CowsGoMoo

Post by CowsGoMoo »

BulletBill wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2020 12:38 pm
CowsGoMoo wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2020 2:58 am Sorry, I must have confused real farming with playing a game.
By this reasoning a game called "Farming Simulator" can be literally be as far removed from farming as it wants to be as it's only a game.

Try telling the John Deere fans there next John Deere DLC is going to be Case tractors in yellow with green wheels. I mean don't get mad, it's only a game.

The details may not matter to you, but they do matter for others.
What makes me laugh is that people complain about people who want more details in the game, yet that isn't going to affect you in the slightest as your quite content to play it as default and unrealistic as you like.

So let us ask for more details, what is it going to do, spoil the game for you by improving it!
Yeah that's exactly what I said, it's just a game.
Let's get some cows!
FS19 2660 hrs ps4/ps5
j_maybury

Post by j_maybury »

It should be called multi-angled field texturing as that is precisely what it is, the word terrain is at best misleading.
Dairydeere

Post by Dairydeere »

I think changing the name would cause more confusion than it is wroth. It is already known as multi-terrain angle
Dairy farmer, college student, part-time modder, always looking to drive a tractor

Discord Server
Facebook page

Where should you download mods from? Try this! - A Guide to Respectful Downloads and Original Mods

Driving up a wall because my brain turned off the gravity

Happy farming!
Phantoms

Post by Phantoms »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e18ysh3LtcI
Playing on PC
Noraf

Post by Noraf »

So, to a question for a link that doesn't go to a YouTube video, 3 people links YouTube videos?

:lol:

linky not on YouTube :hi:
:hi:

FS22 Bug-tracker
How to post your log
Giants Discord
Posting pictures How-to

Just remember, if the world didn't su.., we'd all fall of...
Phantoms

Post by Phantoms »

Guilty as charged :biggrin2:
Playing on PC
ANDREY1990

Post by ANDREY1990 »

hi, tell me how to make snow so that it stays all winter??? farming simulator 22 melts very quickly??