Giants Editor make buyble land

FJohannesson

Giants Editor make buyble land

Post by FJohannesson »

Hello!
I was going to do some edits to Elmcreek and make land buyble. I can paint and everything but when i save the map and then open the map again the land i make buyble has gone back to the original color and i can’t buy it. What i am doing wrong?
JensChrDK

Re: Giants Editor make buyble land

Post by JensChrDK »

How did it become buyable?
Been playing WAAAAY to many hours - PC with Logitech G27 and Thrustmaster Simtask Farmstick
FJohannesson

Post by FJohannesson »

I made i buyble by paint it like You should in the editor and then saved it but when i later Open the editor again the land i painted to be buyble Where back to not buyble so what am i doing wrong?
Missyb

Post by Missyb »

Try looking at the video below this will explain on the what you need to how to

https://youtu.be/V0DlP8OtRq8
!Warning I am dislayxic I will type how i think, if you don't understand any of it then please say!

Mods by Missyb FS22
Mods by MissyB Modding
Twitch Missyb Modding
FJohannesson

Post by FJohannesson »

I know ho to paint and the other things the explain in the video but when i have painted a bit of land and then i save the map and its says that is Saving. Then i open up the map again after the save and then the bit of land i painted is back to its original color which is not buyble in game. Why wont it save? All this is in giants editor.
Bam*

Post by Bam* »

The way I understood it from the video is that you don't need the editor at all. Shywizard says in the video multiple times that every pixel of the map must be painted or you get errors. That means an already finished map like elmcreek is already all painted. All you should have to do is open the farmlands.xml and add a new line.

<farmland npcName="NPC_US_03" priceScale="1" id="62"/>

Change the "id" to 63 save the file and next time you open the map the unbuyable land should be buyable.
milesellis3

Re: Giants Editor make land

Post by milesellis3 »

I've got up to my limit which is 44 Farmland
How do I add more
DanL58

Re: Giants Editor make land

Post by DanL58 »

milesellis3 wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 11:09 pm I've got up to my limit which is 44 Farmland
How do I add more
There is a xml in the map folder (I think it was called farmlands.xml) that has a line for every farmland id. Copy & paste new lines at the end and change to the new numbers you need. Then you can go back to the editor and assign them how you want.
milesellis3

Post by milesellis3 »

Added it in farmlands.xml
And is more field went back into giant editor Doesn't show farmlands.xml Doesn't show the extra Farmland I've added in