Move on from 22 or keep Farming

Beanbrother

Re: Move on from 22 or keep Farming

Post by Beanbrother »

I’m probably playing on day one. Even though I tell myself I have to wait. I truly believe that the next version will be a step forward. I’m hoping for a large step, but simply hoping for one step forward. I’m pretty sure we all would love to see a new engine driving the game. Pushing the new consoles to appoint that they are meant to be pushed.
4x maps/better AI. I from one would love to see a little bit more complex gameplay.
ValhallSN95

Post by ValhallSN95 »

I'm happy enough with were 22 is at now, more realism could make it a lot better, but I understand that Giants is selling to a much wider market. It's come a ways since day one, and I am actually having fun playing it on and off. I just haven't been able to get in to it like previous games, idk if that's because the wife and I have been on an ESO binge for the last 6 months or that 22 just isn't as engaging as the previous games were.

Will I buy the next entry day one? Prolly not, especially with the state of 22 was in day one.
Will I buy the next entry after it's had some time for updates and bug fixes? Probably.
Chris Birdsong Wolfforth, TX
Grew up running a 4430 on my granddads farm

Xbox Series X / Xbox Series X / Xbox Series S
FS22 7,545hrs FS19 10,965hrs
FS17 (XB1) 7,910hrs FS17 (PC) 1,297hrs
FS15 7,620hrs FS13 7,877hrs
blue_painted

Post by blue_painted »

I'll almost certainly pre-order on Steam. I might not play a new version until it has settled down and my must-have mods have arrived. FS19 -> FS22 coincided with me taking a break from Farm Sim and it might be that the next iteration does too.
Playing new "Beest" Intel i7-11700F with GeForce GTX 3060 and XBOX controller
also £600 laptop - AMD Ryzen 5600H with GeForce GTX 3050 XBOX controller

Dairydeere's A Guide to Finding Farming Simulator Mods - Please give this a read and help spread awareness for respectful mod downloads
Mobias

Post by Mobias »

I played FS17 to death but pretty much lost interest with FS19. I've kind of got back into it with FS22, but FS22 feels like what FS19 should have been. FS17 had so many amazing maps it was difficult to know where to begin. We were spoilt for choice, on PC anyway. The huge problem FS22 has is it just has so few decent maps.

FS25 needs to be a big step forward but they need to keep the focus on it being a farm sim and really get the core elements done right. I really hope there's not a drive to broaden its appeal with new content which isn't really that relevant, construction and so on.
mydixiewrecked

Post by mydixiewrecked »

Mobias wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 9:37 pm
FS25 needs to be a big step forward but they need to keep the focus on it being a farm sim and really get the core elements done right. I really hope there's not a drive to broaden its appeal with new content which isn't really that relevant, construction and so on.
^^^ this

22 is 19 with Mack , productions , and seasonal aspects added. Whats Giants gonna add that would be worth me buying a ps5 or a PC on release day of the next farm sim? I'd say just keep the mods rolling, but that well seems to have dried up prematurely for console already lol
Beanbrother

Post by Beanbrother »

Mobias wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 9:37 pm I played FS17 to death but pretty much lost interest with FS19. I've kind of got back into it with FS22, but FS22 feels like what FS19 should have been. FS17 had so many amazing maps it was difficult to know where to begin. We were spoilt for choice, on PC anyway. The huge problem FS22 has is it just has so few decent maps.

I do hope it does get back to the basic of farming. I have nothing against the production stuff, I don’t really use it at all but I want to see the focus back on Farming. You have people who are wanting what seems like construction simulator wrapped into a farming game and I hope it does not go that direction.
ITS A FARMING GAME
blue_painted

Post by blue_painted »

Mobias wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 9:37 pm I played FS17 to death but pretty much lost interest with FS19. I've kind of got back into it with FS22, but FS22 feels like what FS19 should have been. FS17 had so many amazing maps it was difficult to know where to begin. We were spoilt for choice, on PC anyway. The huge problem FS22 has is it just has so few decent maps.

My problem with FS22 is the opposite -- so many maps I want to play, so little time!

Dairydeere's A Guide to Finding Farming Simulator Mods - Please give this a read and help spread awareness for respectful mod downloads
blue_painted

Post by blue_painted »

Beanbrother wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 1:22 am

I do hope it does get back to the basic of farming. I have nothing against the production stuff, I don’t really use it at all but I want to see the focus back on Farming. You have people who are wanting what seems like construction simulator wrapped into a farming game and I hope it does not go that direction.
ITS A FARMING GAME
I'm with you on this ... I think I've said elsewhere, I'd love to see GIANTS breakout the productions (and the logging?) into separate games, or at least put the focus fully back on to farming for the next one: more detail, like Precision Farming but more general.

UncleRico

Post by UncleRico »

ITS A FARMING GAME
+1
Beanbrother

Post by Beanbrother »

I wonder if the people who play construction simulator are asking for more farming ???
FBtheSQL

Post by FBtheSQL »

Beanbrother wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 2:09 pm I wonder if the people who play construction simulator are asking for more farming ???
Only the ones who would ask for construction or logging in a farming game.
mydixiewrecked

Post by mydixiewrecked »

UncleRico wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 12:36 pm
ITS A FARMING GAME
+1
X 100,000,000
cwattyeso

Post by cwattyeso »

I feel I am definitely ready to move on from Farming Simulator 22 onto whatever Giants call the next version in the Series. This is obviously the start of our 3rd year with FS22 and whilst we also had FS19 for 3 years, I somehow feel I was kept more entertained and enjoying that game for it's full lifetime. Whether that's because right combinations of mod maps and interesting/gameplay expanding mods came out that increased FS19s shelf life, where as FS22 I feel has been a bit lacking in stuff that brings additional gameplay. I also think for me I've reached burnout with FS22 because Giants chose to spend more time in this version of the game and with their DLC choices of adding to and expanding the aspects of Farming Simulator I don't touch or play. Whilst I know and appreciate they wanted to expand the logging side of the game and also offer more grass working/baling options as well, and many players in the community appreciated that. I do feel like for the "Farming" fans of Farming Simulator the season passes and dlc content didn't offer us much of an expansion to our gaming experience.

I also may be a little bit selfish with this next one but I also would like to see the next Farming Simulator game release with a British Map from Giants alongside the usual American Style and European Style maps the game tends to ship with. I could be wrong on this one but I don't think Giants have ever done a UK style map in any of their games.
Check out my YouTube Channel for Farming Simulator and other Gaming Let's Plays and Videos at https://www.youtube.com/c/CwattyesoGamingforFun :D

Also be sure to check out my Kick Channel for my Farming Simulator Live Streams and Multiplayer Server at https://www.kick.com/cwattyeso :gamer:

GIANTS SOFTWARE Personal Partner Code: CWATTYESO *thumbsup*
blue_painted

Post by blue_painted »

cwattyeso wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 2:25 pm I feel I am definitely ready to move on from Farming Simulator 22 onto whatever Giants call the next version in the Series. This is obviously the start of our 3rd year with FS22 and whilst we also had FS19 for 3 years, I somehow feel I was kept more entertained and enjoying that game for it's full lifetime. Whether that's because right combinations of mod maps and interesting/gameplay expanding mods came out that increased FS19s shelf life, where as FS22 I feel has been a bit lacking in stuff that brings additional gameplay. I also think for me I've reached burnout with FS22 because Giants chose to spend more time in this version of the game and with their DLC choices of adding to and expanding the aspects of Farming Simulator I don't touch or play. Whilst I know and appreciate they wanted to expand the logging side of the game and also offer more grass working/baling options as well, and many players in the community appreciated that. I do feel like for the "Farming" fans of Farming Simulator the season passes and dlc content didn't offer us much of an expansion to our gaming experience.

I also may be a little bit selfish with this next one but I also would like to see the next Farming Simulator game release with a British Map from Giants alongside the usual American Style and European Style maps the game tends to ship with. I could be wrong on this one but I don't think Giants have ever done a UK style map in any of their games.
I am somewhat doubtful about a basegame UK map, although it would be nice to get some British trees and "seasoned" hedges.

mydixiewrecked

Post by mydixiewrecked »

Honestly I really don't care what map releases with the game. I would 100% concede not having an American map base game if the core game aspects were vastly improved / expanded and I download a good US map later.