(fixed)FS19 Multiplayer not working

DirectCedar

Re: (fixed)FS19 Multiplayer not working

Post by DirectCedar »

Ronson1909 wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2024 10:01 pm Whoever runs into the same problem: I found a fix (at least for me). I had to change the DNS server in my Windows network (e.g. Ethernet) connection. Instead of automatic config via DHCP (which has chosen the router e.g. 192.168.0.1 as DNS server), I have entered 8.8.8.8 as primary DNS server.
Why THAT was the issue or why my router (or the DNS server behind that one) had issues with that, I don't know.

I came to that solution by identifying with Wireshark, that it had to do with a certificate error by fs19-a.farming-simulator.com (138.201.198.21) via port 10851. Then it was only guessing that it might have to do with DNS and I was lucky with that.
Thank you Ronson for testing this and for posting it. I'll try this later today. My fingers are crossed.

In related news about this problem, my second support ticket on the bugtracker moved today to being assigned, so it appears that someone has at least got it in a queue to look at it now. Maybe maybe maybe there is a chance that a permanent solution will come from that.