Adding cotton fill type to a bulk trailer

Your forum for all discussions around Modding.
GeekMaster189

Adding cotton fill type to a bulk trailer

Post by GeekMaster189 »

hello

im wanting to modify a bulk trailer mod i have downloaded to accept cotton as a fill type i know how to change the capacity of it but just not adding a fill type

within the xml file there is no mention of what fill types for the trailer so I am hoping someone could help make the code so that the trailer can accept cotton as a fill type,

i would be very aprecative if someone would be able to type the bit of code for me as coding isn't my strong point

below is a copy where the fill type is bulk can someone help me add cotton to the list please?

<fillUnit shopDisplayUnit="CUBICMETER" fillTypeCategories="bulk" capacity="20000000000">
<exactFillRootNode node="exactFillRootNode2"/>
<autoAimTargetNode node="autoAimTarget2" startZ="3.8" endZ="-3.8" invert="false" fillUnitIndex="1" startPercentage="25"/>
</fillUnit>
Haubi

Re: Adding cotton fill type to a bulk trailer

Post by Haubi »

Cotton is always harvested as bales in the FS, regardless of which harvesting machine is used. Bales cannot be landed as bulk material. :biggrin2: There are enough other trailers with autoload etc. for that.
Eische

Post by Eische »

May he is using a basket harvester instead of the defaults balers?

The fruit type category "bulk" is defined in the filltypes.xml of the map. A category is basically a group of many fill types.
So you either can add cotton to this category.
Or you can change this line in your trailer xml

Code: Select all

<fillUnit shopDisplayUnit="CUBICMETER" fillTypeCategories="bulk" capacity="20000000000">
to this line

<fillUnit shopDisplayUnit="CUBICMETER" fillTypes="cotton wheat and any other fill type you want" capacity="20000000000">
With FS22 there is another way to achieve this:
Create a new xml file and copy this as content:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" standalone="no" ?>
<map xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xsi:noNamespaceSchemaLocation="../../shared/xml/schema/fillTypes.xsd">

<fillTypeCategories>
		<fillTypeCategory name="BULK">COTTON</fillTypeCategory>
    </fillTypeCategories>
</map>
Save the file, copy it to your mod zip file and link it in the modDesc.xml of your trailer mod with a line like this:

<fillTypes 	filename="newfilltypes.xml" />
The game will add any contents of your added file to the existing file of the map. In this case, cotton will be added to the bulk category on any map, and all trailers with bulk category will be able to load cotton.

Please be aware that this will not enable you to tip cotton onto the ground. And I'm not sure if you can sell cotton this way as most selling stations or productions accept cotton only as bales.
Playing on PC - Win10
Ryzen 3600
RX 5500XT
16GB Ram
How to post log file
How to upload pictures
Please report bugs for FS22 using the bugtracker
GeekMaster189

Post by GeekMaster189 »

thank you so much for your help :-)

Im gonna try your codes and hopefully they all work, if this does work then it means I can uninstall the lizard rumbler van completely thank you so much
GeekMaster189

Post by GeekMaster189 »

update

thank you so much it works and now I have finally uninstalled the van so thank you so much for helping me :biggrin2: :biggrin2: :biggrin2: :biggrin2: :biggrin2:
Eische

Post by Eische »

Great! Thank you for the feedback.
Playing on PC - Win10
Ryzen 3600
RX 5500XT
16GB Ram
How to post log file
How to upload pictures
Please report bugs for FS22 using the bugtracker