If a game is good designed....

CheerfulPsycho

If a game is good designed....

Post by CheerfulPsycho »

If a game is good designed, then you don't need mods...
Urinal2001

Re: If a game is good designed....

Post by Urinal2001 »

Well now, I'm not sure that's true. Mods are a fantastic addition to the game; no matter how well designed a game is, there is no way they would ever bother to model every single tractor/truck/shed/silo/map/mower or whatever. Mods add on everything that we would never have otherwise, and take away nothing.

The only place that I might (and I emphasize might) agree with you are mods that add increased functionality in the form of, for example, seasons or adjusted economy.

Say what you like, but having a huge modding community gives us access to things we would NEVER get from the vanilla game (and wouldn't be fair to expect from it). Giants would never make a map of your beloved home town of Bumblef*ck North Dakota in a million years, but you know what, that guy on the other side of town just might!
Guil

Post by Guil »

CheerfulPsycho wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 12:59 pm If a game is good designed, then you don't need mods...
Is this your way of saying you don't like the game?
mydixiewrecked

Post by mydixiewrecked »

Great first post 🙄
Hoffa82

Post by Hoffa82 »

yeah, only failed games have mods, like KSP, any Bethesda game, Stalker-series, The Sims, ATS/ETS2, any flight simulator, or basically any simulator for that matter... all of the badly designed
Ag Hauler

Post by Ag Hauler »

Hey Urinal2001 What have you got against Bumble**** North Dakota. I used to live there. And there actually wasn't another side of town. There was just one.
UncleRico

Post by UncleRico »

Ag Hauler wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 12:54 am Hey Urinal2001 What have you got against Bumble**** North Dakota. I used to live there. And there actually wasn't another side of town. There was just one.
Come on there’s like 6 towns…. Haha

I’ve played very few games that were perfect the way they were. Definitely psychotic.
FBtheSQL

Post by FBtheSQL »

I can agree that a well designed game shouldn't need mods that fix or complete functionality.
When it comes to extending the life of a game by adding new stuff, I'm not sure too many people here will share your opinion.
mydixiewrecked

Post by mydixiewrecked »

I don't understand these threads. People take the time to create an account. Say something controversial and then leave. It doesn't seem worth it. It takes a few steps to create an account 😜
JensChrDK

Post by JensChrDK »

Probably the same type of people that would move close to a race track, and then complaint about the noise - or move to the countryside and complaint about the smell from the nearby cowbarn :confusednew: :lol: :lol:
Been playing WAAAAY to many hours - PC with Logitech G27 and Thrustmaster Simtask Farmstick
chedly_farms

Post by chedly_farms »

To be fair, A roller mill for grains to feed cows and cattle should have been in the base game. It's crazy that it took two year plus a few months for a mod to come out and make that happen. Hastag Giants Fail.
Currently Playing on XBoxOne : Elm Creek

-----> And "Thank You Modders" for your contributions <----
Guil

Post by Guil »

chedly_farms wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 7:23 pm To be fair, A roller mill for grains to feed cows and cattle should have been in the base game. It's crazy that it took two year plus a few months for a mod to come out and make that happen. Hastag Giants Fail.
What's a roller mill? Is that a primarily US thing and not really used anywhere else?
chedly_farms

Post by chedly_farms »

Guil wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 7:59 pm
chedly_farms wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 7:23 pm To be fair, A roller mill for grains to feed cows and cattle should have been in the base game. It's crazy that it took two year plus a few months for a mod to come out and make that happen. Hastag Giants Fail.
What's a roller mill? Is that a primarily US thing and not really used anywhere else?
I don't know if they use them anywhere else. But yes they are in the U.S. and North America. There are also Hammer Mills, not sure how different they are. Gehl and New Holland where the most popular that I know of. They are mainly used for grinding corn for feed. Someone else please correct me if I'm wrong.

My original comment was more tongue in cheek, but slightly serious.
Currently Playing on XBoxOne : Elm Creek

-----> And "Thank You Modders" for your contributions <----
mydixiewrecked

Post by mydixiewrecked »

JensChrDK wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 7:14 pm Probably the same type of people that would move close to a race track, and then complaint about the noise - or move to the countryside and complaint about the smell from the nearby cowbarn :confusednew: :lol: :lol:
Oh.....those types 😆
FBtheSQL

Post by FBtheSQL »

mydixiewrecked wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 5:59 pm
I don't understand these threads. People take the time to create an account. Say something controversial and then leave. It doesn't seem worth it.
It takes a few steps to create an account 😜
Some people have those steps ingrained in their head oddly enough. :lol: