Next Farming Simulator Wishlist

blue_painted

Re: Next Farming Simulator Wishlist

Post by blue_painted »

KevinMn wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2024 1:04 pm I wish they'd implement "regions" in both the game and modhub. So if you wanted to play in say Europe or the US, you'd only see vehicles/tools that are available in said region. That goes for mods you're serching for on the modhub, but also the ingame store.

It'd make life a lot easier, but also great for people venturing into other regions. There're obviously a lot more regions, like Australia, South America etc, but at least EU/US should be there, as they're the 2 biggest ones.
And have the national settings - currency, units etc. set by the map not by a global setting.

I have made a mod that sort of does this but to me it's a basegame requirement.
Playing new "Beest" Intel i7-11700F with GeForce GTX 3060 and XBOX controller
also £600 laptop - AMD Ryzen 5600H with GeForce GTX 3050 XBOX controller

Dairydeere's A Guide to Finding Farming Simulator Mods - Please give this a read and help spread awareness for respectful mod downloads
Gugernoot215

Post by Gugernoot215 »

I don't think there are a lot of regions as far as agricultural equipment markets.
(west to east) Alaska, North America, south America, Western Europe, Africa, Eastern Europe, Middle East, Russia, Developing Asia, Developed Asia, Australia, NewZealand.
I think that is all there is.
Running on 2 year old new old hardware that used to crash often.
Image server (upload your images here): https://image.giants-software.com/
Benbrown23

Post by Benbrown23 »

Hi all been giving this a bit of thought more from the angle of giants on expanding whats already in game , manufacturs etc, so with the latest dlc having root crops I'd think they'd potentially go down the the route with onions maybe red and white (two crops same texture just different colour this could also work with potatoes too) expanding on the dewulf machines aswell as grimme ones. As a wild card somthing like peas i know that oxbo (all ready in game) make a dedicated pea harvester both crops can lead into various production chains and somthing unique to harvest and have on our farms
Ben
Gugernoot215

Post by Gugernoot215 »

blue_painted wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2024 8:05 pm
KevinMn wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2024 1:04 pm I wish they'd implement "regions" in both the game and modhub. So if you wanted to play in say Europe or the US, you'd only see vehicles/tools that are available in said region. That goes for mods you're serching for on the modhub, but also the ingame store.

It'd make life a lot easier, but also great for people venturing into other regions. There're obviously a lot more regions, like Australia, South America etc, but at least EU/US should be there, as they're the 2 biggest ones.
And have the national settings - currency, units etc. set by the map not by a global setting.

Would the different currencies just be change of unit put beside or an actually different value made from a multiplier and a base value?
Running on 2 year old new old hardware that used to crash often.
Image server (upload your images here): https://image.giants-software.com/
Urinal2001

Post by Urinal2001 »

Someone mentioned something in another thread that I loved...'paintable' animal enclosures. Start with the feed area, and then just paint in the fences in whichever shape fits your area, the more space you have could also affect how many animals you have. I'm fed up of trying to fit a square pen into an odd shaped area of the farm and leaving space behind it that could be put to use.
blue_painted

Post by blue_painted »

Gugernoot215 wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 12:58 am
blue_painted wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2024 8:05 pm

Would the different currencies just be change of unit put beside or an actually different value made from a multiplier and a base value?
It's just a different symbol wherever monetary values are used. The other units, distance and so on, do matter.

Dairydeere's A Guide to Finding Farming Simulator Mods - Please give this a read and help spread awareness for respectful mod downloads
blue_painted

Post by blue_painted »

Urinal2001 wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 8:52 am Someone mentioned something in another thread that I loved...'paintable' animal enclosures. Start with the feed area, and then just paint in the fences in whichever shape fits your area, the more space you have could also affect how many animals you have. I'm fed up of trying to fit a square pen into an odd shaped area of the farm and leaving space behind it that could be put to use.
This is one of those "Solutions without understanding the constraints" but ...

Change the animal pastures so that you put down the feed and water, as individual, small placeables so that they don't need much landscaping. Then surround with fences and gates. The animals then random-walk and "bounce off" the fences; so you don't need a navmesh in the placeable They consume grass whereever they stand, scaled for the number of actual animals. I think milking parlour would still need to be a building.

Anyway, we can dream!

billy140572

Post by billy140572 »

I know it would never happen but I would love to see an option for UK style pick up hitches and drawbars.
michfarmer56

Post by michfarmer56 »

Smarter AI when hiring a worker, imbeciles
Helazak

Post by Helazak »

I think I have everything captured.

Just a reminder if you dont see your "Wish" in the consolidated wish list please give me a heads up

viewtopic.php?t=204399
FS22 on PC, FS14, FS16, FS20 on iPhone Not a gamer. Most gamer jargon goes over my head.
Started playing for the education about farming.

Amateur (noob) Farmer 5 mostly forested acres
Tractor: Kubota M4900 (54HP), w/ Loader bucket and forks
Attachments: log splitter, Chipper/shredder, finish mower, scrape blade, rock rake, double moldboard plow, rototiller, Garden Bedder
Keade

Post by Keade »

Not sure if this has been mentioned already or not so I apoligise if someone's already mentioned it.
Had just been thinking now and this is more in the way of textures and bales, vehicles or objects which have been sitting on ground or stationary for some time...As we all know if something has been sitting say within the garden or a grass field for X amount of time then the ground beneath it would begin to rot away due to a lack in sunlight or rain getting to the specific spot so what I'd like to see in the next game is ground, crop or foilage rot if there's a stack of bales, a vehicle or other bits of equipment and machinery which has been stationary for X amount of time.
I think the game would bring a bit more in the way of realism if such a thing were implemented.
zadaskar

Post by zadaskar »

If I could choose one thing, that would be to make the game feel more alive. The enviroment just feels dead and lifeless. Many other games feels more "alive" with just small details. I do not think it is the maps themselves but more due to the game engine. Some maps are beutiful and detailed but still not alive.
The wild animals as they are now do more harm than good, just makes it feel even more unrealistic. Crows appears from nowhere and just flies away etc. Deers runs forever in the same direction.
The shadows/light moves one step every minute. Game speed more than 1x makes this very annoying.
The game is quite good othervise but this really takes away a lot.
DarkMoney95

Post by DarkMoney95 »

Objectives/ scenarios/ Campaign
I would love to see scenarios and missions/ objectives, potentially where you are only a foreman or manager of the farm and your boss is deciding what to plant or how the farm is run within the year and you deal with the day to day stuff... or just a guided 1st year of running a farm, I always found it more difficult to get into new things in the game because there is a lack of incentive in doing cirtain crop types, be it gated by profit margins or just sticking to something you know.
But having a big boss who wants you to fill a quota based on crop type would be cool.

AI
AI pathing needs to be improved on massively... especially because the game features fields of all shapes and sizes, there shouldn't be any excuses for the Ai missing areas, especially with the advances in AI coding over the past few years.

Uk map
Call me biased, I would love to see a UK map either based on Yorkshire, or the Cotsworlds. Over the past few years, Clarksons farm has been an increasingly popular TV show, I think it would be interesting to run Diddly squat farm in the game, and helping Jeremy Clarkson run the farm working for him and potentially have him voice acting in the game (doubt it would be that possible due to budget) which could tie into my first point.

Damage
Would love to see more realistic physics to crashes etc and consequences to driving 120 kph into a wall.

Other farmers
I want to be able to see other farmers working on their fields, and potentially replace the AI workers with other farmers in your area... so come harvest time you can drive around and see other farms harvesting their crops. I think this will bring life into the game and the world. And in helping out other farmers you get a better reputation and they are more likely to help you for a better price depending on your relationship with that individual farmers. It will bring a whole new level to the game and your workers won't just be some random worker, it would be Alan from 3 farms over in his John deer, or Richard has come across in his harvester because you helped him plough a few fields earlier in the year.

Community events/ donations.
Helping out the local community with donations of crops or money for different events, such as providing the cakes for a fate, or taking part in a tractor run. This along with having other farmers will help create a community and being able to interact with those people and farmers will help add a breath of real life to the game.

Animals
I mean a lot of work here, grazing, disease, vets, rotating fields, bringing the cattle inside during winter months, abattoirs etc. People aren't playing the game for an easy ride and all of these different interactions help keep the game fresh and keep people caring, knowing that one of your pigs is struggling and you have to call the vet out to see it, performing daily medical plans etc.
I also believe it is important for people to know where their food is coming from so an abattoir being in the game is important.

More cars and people
The lack of cars and people in fs 22 really makes it feel empty, it really makes me wonder why I'm growing these crops because it isn't to feed hundreds of people in the community.
Wolf Farming

Post by Wolf Farming »

Out of all the things you listed 3 of them i really liked the getting stuck after heavy rain or snow definitely something I would love to see in a future farming simulator game the ability to process meat turning into steaks sausages mince is a good idea maybe combined with the third idea food supplier contracts you have x number of months to supply so much of certain products like beef potatoes eggs and flour to a fast food company or milk to dairy or a dairy to a supermarket and you get a bonus for completing it some farms in the uk do actually work in partnership with certain companies to supply them with goods and the checks to insure best quality is stringent
Steam: Grey Wolf
Pc only
Farming simulator 15,17,19,22
Currently playing: court farm
Fav tractor: challenger John Deere
ltl.vamp

Post by ltl.vamp »

I would like the clouds to also cast shadows on the ground.
Xbox Series X, Xbox Series S, Xbox One X, Xbox One
FS17 Platinum > FS19 Premium > FS15 Complete > FS22
Samsung UE65MU8009TX 4KUHDHDR