multiple input devices for mapping to 1 key binding

vagtj

multiple input devices for mapping to 1 key binding

Post by vagtj »

I'm on PC and I have a manual gear box setup. I have a ThrustMaster TX base, TM T3PM pedals attached by USB, and TM TH8A shifter USB. My question is I want to use both USB inputs to map the buttons for switch directions forward and backwards with button presses from both inputs, i.e., clutch + 1st gear to go forward and clutch + reverse to go backwards. FS22 does not seem to allow multiple inputs to work together when trying to map 1 key binding. Is there a mod or script that may make this possible?
Thanks,
norfolk farmer

Re: multiple input devices for mapping to 1 key binding

Post by norfolk farmer »

Not sure if this may do what you are trying to do as I've not used it myself.

https://www.farming-simulator.com/mod.p ... tle=fs2022
Noraf

Post by Noraf »

No, it's not. Good mod though.
You can make combined action bindings, but not the way you want for gears. Every time you chage gear, you'd risk changing direction too. Remember that a lot of the equipment ingame have multiple gears for reverse too.
You would be better of using a dedicated button for changing the direction.
:hi:

FS22 Bug-tracker
How to post your log
Giants Discord
Posting pictures How-to

Just remember, if the world didn't su.., we'd all fall of...
Motologist

Post by Motologist »

Like Noraf wrote, your best bet assigning a dedicated button for direction changes. I chose to add a shift knob with two switches and a button to the shifter on my wheel and pedal setup. The button is exclusively for direction changes, giving me a sort of pseudo shuttle.
vagtj

Post by vagtj »

Thank you for the responses. I do use Extra Gears, it is a great mod. The mod gives you many more options to get the best out of gear shifting. When I had my Logitech setup, it did work with extra gears because everything ran through the wheel base itself as one input. The gears were assigned through Extra Gears mod script, while change direction was assigned to FS22 basegame, which allowed me to make that combination work. I was just hoping that a script mod was out there that would combine 2 inputs into 1 to mimic what I had with Logitech wheel system.