FS22 - Standalone pedals being detected as combined axis instead of seperate.

lil_guard_dog

FS22 - Standalone pedals being detected as combined axis instead of seperate.

Post by lil_guard_dog »

Info about my setup:
-Mouse/keyboard (2usb) Detected properly by game
-G27 wheel and shifter (1usb) Detected as G27 Racing Wheel by game
-HPP PRX-SE Hydraulic Pedals (1usb) Detected as BU0836A Interface by game
no other controllers/input devices connected

When the game first was released, and for the first couple of patches/updates, I had zero issues with my setup. The pedals for my G27 have long since died, but as the wheel and shifter itself still work, I simply bought a great, high-end set of pedals, and have had no issues for almost 10 years now. I could map the three pedals as accelerator, brake and clutch, and needed no deadzone or sensitivity adjustments. Simply worked perfectly as single-axis pedals. As it works in every other game/software I've tried.

Unfortunately, with no changes to my setup, or anything else, other than the FS22 getting an update/patch, at about version 1.3 or so, they have since been being recognized as a combined axis input, with no way of changing it. There is no software for the pedals, as they simply plug into the PC with a USB port, and work perfectly for any other software I've used it for. For troubleshooting, I've installed DIView to verify that the inputs are being processed correctly, however, only in FS22 are they being detected as a combined axis, thus requiring me to either keep all pedals at their mid-point to be at "0" or not use them at all (which defeats the purpose of trying to use a wheel and pedal setup for the game. Additionally, I have tried changing the combined axis option in the Logitech profiler (even though it has nothing to do with my pedals) to both checked, and unchecked status, but neither changes anything for this issue. As the original G27 pedals died almost a decade ago, I also no longer have them around to attempt any troubleshooting with them.

I've sent Giants Technical Support an email about the issue a few times, and each time, they respond with the same "unfortunately we cannot offer you support in this specific case and therefore recommend that you use our forum as a contact point for your request." and as of now, I am on version 1.8.1 of the game, and this is still being an issue.

Does anyone know of, or can think of any way of potentially fixing this issue, or rectifying it somehow? I'm surprised that there isn't a simple button in-game to change the detection of the inputs for normal/inverted/combined axis detection like there is in many other games or even an XML edit that can be done to fix this.

As of right now, this is the ONLY game that detects these pedals as a combined axis, and thus, is the only game that I cannot use my pedals for!

I am attaching a "clean" log file of me starting the game, trying to remap the pedals to their appropriate inputs, then adjusting the deadzone/sensitivity, then exiting the game. Within the game itself, all inputs for any connected device are shown as combined, other than the mouse/keyboard. This includes the G27
Attachments
log.txt
(60.03 KiB) Downloaded 60 times
Pjsquigley

Re: FS22 - Standalone pedals being detected as combined axis instead of seperate.

Post by Pjsquigley »

Same issue here with simjack pro pedals. Just commenting in case someone has found a solution since you first posted.
lil_guard_dog

Re: FS22 - Standalone pedals being detected as combined axis instead of seperate.

Post by lil_guard_dog »

Yeah, there is still no way of resolving this that I know of at the moment unfortunately.
Pjsquigley

Post by Pjsquigley »

I got these pedals working after a while, I attached the xml file. The only downside is the game deletes it every other time you launch it. You have to launch the game, exit, then copy the file back to input devices folder, launch the game again and it will work.
Attachments
Simjack-Pedals working.xml
(1.03 KiB) Downloaded 39 times
XiniX

Post by XiniX »

Pjsquigley wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 9:55 pm I got these pedals working after a while, I attached the xml file. The only downside is the game deletes it every other time you launch it. You have to launch the game, exit, then copy the file back to input devices folder, launch the game again and it will work.
Place your (not vanilla) xml file in this folder
..../FarmingSimulator2022/inputDevicesManual
The game will not override/delete the xml inputdevice files in this folder.
FS19: Macbook
FS22: Mac mini M1
FS14, FS16, FS18, FS20: iPad

Log.txt, how to post?
Images, how to post?