Texturing quality request: Please make the simple grass texture more gradient/smooth (Increase Immersion)

johndc_92

Texturing quality request: Please make the simple grass texture more gradient/smooth (Increase Immersion)

Post by johndc_92 »

Hello. I recently requested FS22 to implement more optimization on the game but maybe this grass gradient issue doesn't necessarily need optimization but instead it probably needs tweaking.

Most texture rendering in fs22 is fine but the only problem distracting me and taking out my immersion to the game is the plain grass view distance rendering.

I hope the devs would create a texture distribution that would make the foliage distance rendering of the grass more smooth and make the cut less obvious. Because currently, I have tried increasing the foliage view distance coefficient and the cut transition between textures are still too obvious and can be distracting.

I hope the devs would at least fix this. This tweak would greatly improve immersion to the game. Thank you devs.

I uploaded an image showing an example of the texture rendering cut of the simple grass with view distance coefficient multiplier of 6. You can still see the sharp cut clearly:
Noraf

Re: Texturing quality request: Please make the simple grass texture more gradient/smooth (Increase Immersion)

Post by Noraf »

And a tweak to the "circle of doom" would effect performance.
But a quick fix is to play incab, it isn't that notable then.
:hi:

FS22 Bug-tracker
How to post your log
Giants Discord
Posting pictures How-to

Just remember, if the world didn't su.., we'd all fall of...
johndc_92

Re: Texturing quality request: Please make the simple grass texture more gradient/smooth (Increase Immersion)

Post by johndc_92 »

Noraf wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2024 10:53 am And a tweak to the "circle of doom" would effect performance.
But a quick fix is to play incab, it isn't that notable then.
You could be right but there could be possibility of improving performance because the gradient will lessen the amount of high details to create the smoothing of texture transition.
Noraf

Post by Noraf »

Not sure why they should compromise on details for those that can experience it
:hi:

FS22 Bug-tracker
How to post your log
Giants Discord
Posting pictures How-to

Just remember, if the world didn't su.., we'd all fall of...
TheSuBBie

Post by TheSuBBie »

It is possible to reduce the effect by creating custom distance textures so that there is not such a marked change along the edge.
Some maps have already done this I beleive Calmsden grass texture is one of these.