Mod/Modder drama

Drmattymd

Mod/Modder drama

Post by Drmattymd »

This post is probably going to be the exact opposite of what you expected because instead of the usual drama I wanted to highlight an instance of modders being adults over possible conflicts.

Recently two mods have been released outside of modhub that are very similar in concept but still have differences. In perusing one of the modders github accounts I see an exchange between the two modders that goes something like this:

Modder A: I saw you just released this mod that is similar to mine and I noticed you used some of my code without asking permission. While I dont like this behavior I wanted to see if you wanted to work together to combine our mods into one even more awesome mod.

Modder B: My apologies, I had been working on mine for quite some time then when you released yours i borrowed something because it was simpler than mine. Would love to work together if we can make it happen (language barriers)

So instead of causing a big ruckus these two tried to talk it out like grown men for the betterment of their work and ultimately the FS community. To that I say, Bravo gentlemen.
Playing on PC and PS4
blue_painted

Re: Mod/Modder drama

Post by blue_painted »

Well done modders A and B.

It is possible, it always is possible but it needs goodwill on both sides.
Playing new "Beest" Intel i7-11700F with GeForce GTX 3060 and XBOX controller
also £600 laptop - AMD Ryzen 5600H with GeForce GTX 3050 XBOX controller

Dairydeere's A Guide to Finding Farming Simulator Mods - Please give this a read and help spread awareness for respectful mod downloads
FBtheSQL

Post by FBtheSQL »

It's good that Modder A and Modder B can communicate properly. If only Worker A and Worker B could do the same, we wouldn't have one getting in the way of the other.

BTW, are you sure they are gentlemen, or are you assuming their gender? :lol:
Gugernoot215

Post by Gugernoot215 »

Could you locate the conversion either a link or screen shot.
Running on 2 year old new old hardware that used to crash often.
Image server (upload your images here): https://image.giants-software.com/