Harvesting new crops

Farmer-Giles

Harvesting new crops

Post by Farmer-Giles »

Iv tried and tried and tried to get used to harvesting carrots, parsnips and beets but can't drive alongside harvester without harvester stopping cos of me running slightly wide.
Iv tried using the global goods transport pallet hack but can't seem to get them to stay ontop of harvester so am looking for any help please.
Thanks.
Tommy93

Re: Harvesting new crops

Post by Tommy93 »

Farmer-Giles wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 3:37 pm Iv tried using the global goods transport pallet hack but can't seem to get them to stay ontop of harvester so am looking for any help please.
Thanks.
You need to fiddle with right angle/place on top of the harvester. Seen people using it without it falling off. I think you just need to find the sweet spot.

When you are on pc there is this Ropa Harvester that can harvest all crops:
Last edited by Tommy93 on Thu Nov 30, 2023 4:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Angler1409

Post by Angler1409 »

Some of the harvesters allow you to use the "Unload Here" option to drop the crop on the ground then you can use the Lizard Forage Pickup mod to pickup from the ground.

When I tested it you still get the "Requires Trailer" warning but it did drop the crop on the ground rather than it just disappearing.

There is a video by Driver53 using the expensive harvester but I got it to work with others as well.
JensChrDK

Post by JensChrDK »

Farmer-Giles wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 3:37 pm Iv tried and tried and tried to get used to harvesting carrots, parsnips and beets but can't drive alongside harvester without harvester stopping cos of me running slightly wide.
Iv tried using the global goods transport pallet hack but can't seem to get them to stay ontop of harvester so am looking for any help please.
Thanks.
If you are on pc then use gps.
Been playing WAAAAY to many hours - PC with Logitech G27 and Thrustmaster Simtask Farmstick
Boots

Post by Boots »

For me the only harvester worth using is the Dewulf GBC
If you get 2 of them and set them off at each side of the field you have a job emptying them
when they fill up.

Boots

Post by Boots »

OK - This has to be the best one for harvesting the new crops -

Well done - MarkThor 10 out of 10
EiraJeremie

Post by EiraJeremie »

Tommy93 wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 3:55 pm
Farmer-Giles wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 3:37 pm Iv tried using the global goods transport pallet hack but can't seem to get them to stay ontop of harvester so am looking for any help please.
Thanks.
You need to fiddle with right angle/place on top of the harvester. Seen people using it without it falling off. I think you just need to find the sweet spot.

When you are on pc there is this Ropa Harvester that can harvest all crops:
You're right, finding the right angle and placement on the harvester is crucial for stability. It can take some trial and error, but once you find the sweet spot, it should stay in place.