Cant export correctly from blender

Your forum for all discussions around Modding.
mats42

Cant export correctly from blender

Post by mats42 »

If I import from sketchup to blender the object looks god in blender. However when I export it in I3D and open it in Giants editor the object misses Lines/surfaces.

I have not found any way to fix this except remesh everything and well, a small object became 2.8 million triangles so that's not doable.

Anyone got any advice on what it is I'm doing wrong?
Tiredasagiraffe

Re: Cant export correctly from blender

Post by Tiredasagiraffe »

As a start try checking the direction of the normals on your object in blender.

In Edit mode turn on Face Orientation in Viewport Overlay - The faces on your model should be blue, if any are red then the normals for that face are facing the wrong way.
Still in edit mode select all faces, in the menu - Meshes - Normals - Recalculate Outside
mats42

Post by mats42 »

Tiredasagiraffe wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2024 12:47 pm As a start try checking the direction of the normals on your object in blender.

In Edit mode turn on Face Orientation in Viewport Overlay - The faces on your model should be blue, if any are red then the normals for that face are facing the wrong way.
Still in edit mode select all faces, in the menu - Meshes - Normals - Recalculate Outside
Thanks.
I will try that as soon as I'm back at my FS computer
mats42

Post by mats42 »

Tiredasagiraffe wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2024 12:47 pm As a start try checking the direction of the normals on your object in blender.

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you and Thank you again for not just telling me what was broken but also telling me how I can fix it. *thumbsup* *thumbsup* *thumbsup*
Tiredasagiraffe

Post by Tiredasagiraffe »

No problem, glad I could help.
mats42

Post by mats42 »

It ain't much (yet) but it's my own hooklift frame.......