Mods release

bojanh66

Re: Mods release

Post by bojanh66 »

Even if they stop releasing new mods from this point, i am fine with that.
Gameplay is already enhanced to the max point.
There is nothing new and interesting that would make the game better.
The only thing needed is new game, new better game engine, better gameplay mechanics, more realism, better Seasons and soil management, etc, etc, etc...
There are already plenty of 3m cultivators, trillions of trailers, tractors etc.
Drmattymd

Post by Drmattymd »

bojanh66 wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 10:04 pm Even if they stop releasing new mods from this point, i am fine with that.
The only thing needed is new game, new better game engine, better gameplay mechanics, more realism, better Seasons and soil management, etc, etc, etc...
There are already plenty of 3m cultivators, trillions of trailers, tractors etc.
There are still great gameplay enhancing mods coming out on PC and still plenty more that could make the game better.
Playing on PC and PS4
herrman

Post by herrman »

bojanh66 wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 10:04 pm Even if they stop releasing new mods from this point, i am fine with that.
I see you've got little to no experience in the previous Farming Simulator versions. This is the point of a game life when modders get confident with modding and scripting, so they get to release some solutions that Giants will take inspiration from for proposing them in the next FS versions. It always has been this way, if modding ends it's not guaranteed we will have innovations in next releases worth buying them.

Someone who knows farming simulator can only complain about the quality level of today's mods, and hope someone gets closer to the past glories. I'm referring, for example, to the Lely Tornado round baler with detachable wrapper, semiported plows entering ground progressively, Poettinger butterfly mowers with independently controlled sides, Krone BigM 500 totally equipped with IC commands and 100% realistic animations, John Deere 8000 with engine simulating the push efforts of a square baler, forestry trucks fitting tightly 5m logs, not like today's as long as GT buses, the first in-furrow plowing scripts, washable, highly detailed Ago's tractors, either Samedeutz-fahr, Fendt and Johns, and I could continue for hours.

All of these solutions came from modders via "modding contests" which Giants proposed till FS2017, and which carried many modders to be hired in Giants ranks. But their creativity while modding nighttime doesn't look comparable to what they can develop during a day shift and under strict rules about how many polygons, how many lines of scripts, how big DDS files etc... Times gone
Guy, if you're gonna ask for help remember that we're not beside you in front of your screen. So, please, help us helping you by giving us some details such as log.txt, hardware details...

And remember, this is a forum. It is different from Twitter. Here you can, no, you MUST use more than 150 digits to explain your thoughts

Thanks